Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What The What?
coolconfidentme 05:44 AM 10-30-2013
DCD (non custodial) came to drop off DCB an hour late. (My husband was on curb with the SA kids, I was in the bathroom while little ones were asleep.) DCD stormed outta here & pulled away, burning rubber. I get a text from DCM mad cause she had to leave work. I told her what happened & mentioned he came unexpectedly. She cap locked me, "YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED UNTIL HE CAME BACK INSIDE!!!"

Seriously?!?
CedarCreek 05:53 AM 10-30-2013
Wait, what's the issue? I'm sorry, maybe I'm not reading it right.
EchoMom 05:55 AM 10-30-2013
Huh? I don't understand. Why was the DCD mad? Did he drop off the child? Why did DCM have to leave work?

Why couldn't DCD drop off DCK with your DH? Or why couldn't he have just waited for you to be done in the bathroom?
SSWonders 05:56 AM 10-30-2013
Why was dcd mad? Did he drop off dck or did he take him with him?
MotherNature 06:53 AM 10-30-2013
I'm confused too..please elaborate.
momofboys 07:34 AM 10-30-2013
I'm guessing he drove off thinking you were unavailable? Weird that he wouldn't at least try to speak with your husband & inquire where you were.
MamaBearCanada 07:46 AM 10-30-2013
DCM, perhaps you are not aware but using all Caps is equivalent to shouting. I will not tolerate being shouted at in any manner. I understand you were frustrated, but if you have an issue please call and discuss it with me calmly.
Rockgirl 08:07 AM 10-30-2013
We're supposed to be super-human, and should never need to use the restroom?
coolconfidentme 08:19 AM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
DCD (non custodial) came to drop off DCB an hour late. (My husband was on curb with the SA kids, I was in the bathroom while little ones were asleep.) DCD stormed outta here & pulled away, burning rubber. I get a text from DCM mad cause she had to leave work. I told her what happened & mentioned he came unexpectedly. She cap locked me, "YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED UNTIL HE CAME BACK INSIDE!!!"

Seriously?!?
DCM was a no show & did not reply to my text asking if DCB was coming. DCD does not have custody & I did not know he was coming. I heard him from the bathroom saying, "This is ridiculous!" He left & did not leave DCB. My husband tried to talk to him as he was leaving, but he got in his vehicle with DCB & left. DCM was told nobody was here & he wasn't going to leave the boy with no adult. When I told her I was just in the restroom, that is when she cap locked me.
butterfly 08:22 AM 10-30-2013
DCM was a no show & did not reply to my text asking if DCB was coming. DCD does not have custody & I did not know he was coming. I heard him from the bathroom saying, "This is ridiculous!" He left & did not leave DCB. My husband tried to talk to him as he was leaving, but he got in his vehicle with DCB & left. DCM was told nobody was here & he wasn't going to leave the boy with no adult. When I told her I was just in the restroom, that is when she cap locked me.
TERM! That's ridiculous that you aren't allowed to use the restroom - in your own home - when you need to go. Then the storming off and burning rubber... he could have killed someone driving like that.
CedarCreek 08:24 AM 10-30-2013
I see now. Yeah,eff that.

Term immediately if you are able.
christine19720 08:28 AM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:

I agree!
JoseyJo 08:33 AM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
TERM! That's ridiculous that you aren't allowed to use the restroom - in your own home - when you need to go. Then the storming off and burning rubber... he could have killed someone driving like that.
Exactly!
coolconfidentme 08:37 AM 10-30-2013
I replied to her cap lock, "Do you have someone come over when you use the restroom?" She texted back, "THAT'S DIFFERENT. I'M A MOM." (again with the cap locks)

I am writing up the term letter at nap time. I do need to fill all these parents I have termed recently.., UGH!
Tdhmom 10:43 AM 10-30-2013
I replied to her cap lock, "Do you have someone come over when you use the restroom?" She texted back, "THAT'S DIFFERENT. I'M A MOM." (again with the cap locks)

I am writing up the term letter at nap time. I do need to fill all these parents I have termed recently.., UGH!
And what does she think you are? Does she seriously expect you to not use the restroom during daycare hours??! What the heck is wrong with people?!
Josiegirl 10:46 AM 10-30-2013
Unfreakinbelievable!
melilley 10:48 AM 10-30-2013
WHAT? UNBELIEVABLE! I have no words....
sleepinghart 11:07 AM 10-30-2013

~I'm sorry, but I'm still not sure if I understand what happened correctly. You were in the bathroom but your husband was there, right? Did DCD not see your husband on the curb with the SA kids or see him when he tried to talk to him?

..And then DCD told DCM that there was no one there and that he wasn't going to leave the boy with no adult? To me, by DCD saying "he wasn't going to leave the boy with no adult", it seems as if he is almost implying that he saw the children and believed that no one/no adult was there supervising them. So, if he saw kids and no adults then why did he leave or why would he leave? If that is the case, then that right there in itself would be enough to make me question DCD's story/version of events if I were DCM.
daycarediva 11:35 AM 10-30-2013
TERM.

completely unacceptable behavior. IF he didn't see you, he DID see your dh and said NOTHING to him?

And I would love to meet the superhuman woman who can run on 5 hours of sleep, work for 12+ hours and NOT use the restroom.
julie 11:37 AM 10-30-2013
So she wanted for you to wait for your husband to come back in from the curb before it would be okay for you to go to the bathroom? Wow. Yeah, I'd term immediately too. I answer the call of nature when I need to.

If it makes you feel better, try to picture her answering the next daycare provider's question of why she is searching for new care "Well...my kid was dropped off unexpectedly an hour late, and she had the audacity to go to the bathroom and was unavailable to answer the door. There was another suitable adult on the premises that my ex could have left him with, but we thought it was better to make assumptions and yell at her via text. So she termed me! Can you believe her negligence?!" And hopefully that provider says a silent thank you to you and...NEXT.
butterfly 11:46 AM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by julie:
So she wanted for you to wait for your husband to come back in from the curb before it would be okay for you to go to the bathroom? Wow. Yeah, I'd term immediately too. I answer the call of nature when I need to.

If it makes you feel better, try to picture her answering the next daycare provider's question of why she is searching for new care "Well...my kid was dropped off unexpectedly an hour late, and she had the audacity to go to the bathroom and was unavailable to answer the door. There was another suitable adult on the premises that my ex could have left him with, but we thought it was better to make assumptions and yell at her via text. So she termed me! Can you believe her negligence?!" And hopefully that provider says a silent thank you to you and...NEXT.
Exactly! I wouldn't feel bad about terming this one at all!!
Childminder 12:03 PM 10-30-2013
Don't be surprised if licensing shows up cause no way was this "their fault".
coolconfidentme 03:29 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Don't be surprised if licensing shows up cause no way was this "their fault".
....cause it's NEVER their fault! lol
daycare 03:41 PM 10-30-2013
WOOWOWOOWOWOOWOOW..

The DCD could not call you to tell you he was on his way? What about that? Why didn't the parents inform you that there was going to be a change to his routine?

that's their fault, not yours....

They are acting like children, I would term just because of who they are choosing to handle this.

This could have gone so differently if they had any respect for you, it's obvious that they don't. Like maybe dad could have been a normal person and called you when you didn't answer the door????? Or could have called the mom and told her to call you????

sorry you are dealing with this..
coolconfidentme 04:03 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
WOOWOWOOWOWOOWOOW..

The DCD could not call you to tell you he was on his way? What about that? Why didn't the parents inform you that there was going to be a change to his routine?

that's their fault, not yours....

They are acting like children, I would term just because of who they are choosing to handle this.

This could have gone so differently if they had any respect for you, it's obvious that they don't. Like maybe dad could have been a normal person and called you when you didn't answer the door????? Or could have called the mom and told her to call you????

sorry you are dealing with this..
DCD came inside. I heard the outdoor motion sensor & the bell on the door & thought it was DCH. Well..., until I heard a strange man's voice say, "This is ridiculous!" I sort of freaked & hurried up my business. DCH had to fill me in. I've only met the man once months ago & he is on the pick up list. He is non custodial too. Nobody told me DCD was coming. DCM didn't answered my text inquiring if DCB was coming.
frugalmama4 05:45 PM 10-30-2013
They gotta GO!!!

And please lock your door...moving forward.

some people are just...ugh!!
SSWonders 08:44 AM 10-31-2013
Any update on this today?
Brooksie 09:06 AM 10-31-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:

MarinaVanessa 10:47 AM 10-31-2013
Originally Posted by SSWonders:
Any update on this today?
I curious to know if anyone has said anything about it today as well ????
coolconfidentme 11:04 AM 10-31-2013
I gave her a term letter & she started yelling in front of another parent, "What am I suppose to do with this crap?!" I calmly told her to take the two weeks to find alternative care. She replied, "You can screw yourself & your two weeks!!" She left. I turned to the other parent & said, "I think she is mad." We giggled.
CedarCreek 11:21 AM 10-31-2013
I gave her a term letter & she started yelling in front of another parent, "What am I suppose to do with this crap?!" I calmly told her to take the two weeks to find alternative care. She replied, "You can screw yourself & your two weeks!!" She left. I turned to the other parent & said, "I think she is mad." We giggled.

Oh wow, do you think she freaked out so bad because she had an audience? What a rudey Judy!

Glad you are rid of her!
butterfly 12:12 PM 10-31-2013
I'm proud of you for terming!! I probably wouldn't have been so nice to offer a 2 week notice though.
SSWonders 01:04 PM 10-31-2013
Did she say anything at all about yesterday?
cara041083 01:56 PM 11-01-2013

LOL the person she should be yelling at is herself and the DCD. I'd say your much better off without them!
TwinKristi 03:49 PM 11-01-2013
What a jerky!! She was probably hoping that by making a big scene in front of another parent she would get them nervous about your care or something. What a crazy b!
Maria2013 05:14 PM 11-01-2013

coolconfidentme 05:14 PM 11-01-2013
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
What a jerky!! She was probably hoping that by making a big scene in front of another parent she would get them nervous about your care or something. What a crazy b!
Today I got a visit from the state inspector. She made a bogus report.
NeedaVaca 05:48 PM 11-01-2013
Are you still watching the DCK for 2 weeks?? With her yelling this morning and now a bogus report, there is just no way I would be able to do that...I would be fuming!
Tags:drop off issues, parents - are clueless, parents - ask too much, termination disrespectful
Reply Up