Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Very Weird!!!!
tenderhearts 08:51 AM 11-05-2010
Had a daycare family for about 1 & 1/2. Loved the boy (just turned 3 yrs), didn't see mom much since SHE worked, dad was unemployed and was a jerk most of the time (I had posted stuff about him in the past), well they termd July 1 because now his mom is unemployed. Glad only because I HATED seeing the dad.
About 3 weeks ago mom called and said she wanted 2 of my daycare kids parents numbers because she wanted to set up some play dates, her son was really missing them. Well of course I said I couldn't just give her their numbers I'd need to talk with them first she said that was fine. WELL I know alot about this family I'm sure they must suspect I know because they are neighbors to some good friends of ours & the dad goes over and "bothers" ur friend quite often, the stuff they have told me I believe they aren't liars, they hear them yelling at each other all hours of the night, doors slamming, yelling at the boy and dad is always wasted and smokes pot. SO I obviously wouldn't want to call these people and tell them oh so and so wants to play and not say anything but then I dont' think it's right for me to say oh so and so wants a play date but these things happen and I wouldn't think it would be ok to go over there. SO I chose to just not call them (well I tried once)and hoped she didn't call back, well she called and asked if I got a hold of them and I said no, I told her that the one family doesn't live nearby any more and they have a new baby so I haven't been able to reach her (which I did try calling her because she didn't like this dad either, we never "discussed" him she made a comment that he made her uncomfortable and he seemed strange and I just said I understand) so I was going to let her know that way I wasn't lying. She said oh well that's fine I'd love to drive over there and pick him up. Then the other family I havent' called but their son is way older than theirs and I don't know what to say to either of them. The mom hasn't called again however there was a call but no message left a couple days ago. What would you do? just call the parents and leave it up to them and not say anything or what?
Crystal 08:55 AM 11-05-2010
That's a tough one. Not sure how you feel about it, but how about offering to let the little boy come to daycare for a day just to play, for free? Then you can get out of the situation and "check in on" the little boy to make sure he is doing okay. Just a thought.
tenderhearts 09:01 AM 11-05-2010
Good idea BUT none of these kids come here anymore.
QualiTcare 09:07 AM 11-05-2010
i would tell the parents and let them decide. who lets their kids go to an associate's house alone anyway - WITHOUT knowing any dirt? i doubt they would so there wouldn't be much to worry about.

she could be planning to meet at mcdonald's or have the moms come over with the kids.

thank god i have lots of space between the houses in my neighborhood or my kids may never have any friends
momofsix 09:38 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
thank god i have lots of space between the houses in my neighborhood or my kids may never have any friends
Ain"t that the truth! I WISH we had lots of space! Sometimes when all 7 of us were pms'ing and the girls were so emo I wondered what in the world the neighbors thought

I agree, let the parents be the judge of what to do, i doubt they'd send their child somewhere they haven't checked out first.
misol 09:52 AM 11-05-2010
Not sure what I would have said on the spot but now that I've had a chance to think about it, here is my answer. I would tell the mom "I can't give out any personal information due to my confidentiality policy but I would be happy to give the other moms your number so they can call you if they are interested." Forward the number to the moms in an email and your part is done.

I would not mention what you've heard about this family to the other moms. Even though you trust your friends' information, you haven't witnessed anything so it's just hearsay.
MommyMuffin 10:14 AM 11-05-2010
To be honest, if this happened to me and I felt the parents might be shady; I would not call my clients and ask if they want a play date with someone else who is no longer my client. If I was friends with one of them then maybe and thats a big maybe.
Sorry her son doesnt have anyone to play with but I figure she can set up her own play dates. I'm sure she has friends with kids.
I just dont think its my job and/or problem.....man I sound cold!! But still I would just say sorry I will not do that.
Unregistered 10:16 AM 11-05-2010
I would tell them that you will pass along your number to those families if she wishes and then it is up to them if they decide to call or not.
tenderhearts 12:13 PM 11-05-2010
Duh why didn't I think of that, for some reason I kept thinking I'd need a reply from them then have to get back to the other mom. To be honest with you I know foresure one of those kids without a doubt would leave them there. I agree I would have NEVER let my kids go to someones house alone unless I really knew them but honestly I think so many parents want that "free" time and would jump on it if someone wanted to take their child
Tags:neighbor issue
Reply Up