Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Even Though It's Called A Pet Gate...
SilverSabre25 02:20 PM 09-27-2012
would anyone care? Like, how different is a pet gate from a child gate?

Pet Gate

I would LOVE this someday to block off my laundry room. It's accessible from my daycare space and doesn't have a normal door, only a screen door but since that's where we keep the cat box, I need it to be accessible...I have a child safety gate (the Safety First walk-through kind that looks like this) but one moronic feline refuses to jump over the gate...This has led to problems of the "NO THAT IS NOT A CAT BOX!" variety when we forget to open the gate when my toddlers aren't around.

So anyway, that's a lot of exposition to ask...if it's good enough for pet, is it good enough for my purposes? I like the little kitty hole...
Crystal 02:22 PM 09-27-2012
I think it is perfect and would def. buy it if I needed one!
Country Kids 02:27 PM 09-27-2012
The little kitty door is adorable! I love it.

My neice has a wooden pet gate that I'm seriously considering to keep mine in the childcare room when people come to the door. It is very nice looking but was like $90 but starting to think my sanity is worth that.
SilverSabre25 02:31 PM 09-27-2012
Awesome. Now to find $60 to buy one!!! Money is sooo tight right now so it'll take a bit. But someday...someday...
Country Kids 02:33 PM 09-27-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Awesome. Now to find $60 to buy one!!! Money is sooo tight right now so it'll take a bit. But someday...someday...
I so know what you mean! I want to buy some cots this weekend so there is like $150 and then this gate so like $250. My kids always say-you say we don't have money but you buy stuff for them (childcare).Its so hard to explain that it is stuff I need for my job, sanity, to keep my hair from greying (), etc.
SilverSabre25 02:35 PM 09-27-2012
Of course, then again, there's this I just found:
pet screen door

That could work too and is a lot cheaper. Hmm...that might be more for a sliding-door type screen door. Ours is the swing type. Still, an interesting concept.

And actually come to think of it, this one looks more likely for certain over-curious and exploratory toddlers (coughcoughDScoughcough) to crawl through...
SilverSabre25 02:38 PM 09-27-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I so know what you mean! I want to buy some cots this weekend so there is like $150 and then this gate so like $250. My kids always say-you say we don't have money but you buy stuff for them (childcare).Its so hard to explain that it is stuff I need for my job, sanity, to keep my hair from greying (), etc.
I totally get what you mean! I feel that way a lot. Luckily my kids are young enough to not "get" the difference, and I don't often use the "we don't have the money" reason with her. Although when I do I'm careful to phrase it "We don't have money for that this week"
Willow 02:40 PM 09-27-2012
Silver - I just saw that exact gate at Mills Fleet Farm on sale for $40. Not sure if you have any of those or anything like them around you....think of a Home Depot geared more towards farmers and hunters.
Willow 02:42 PM 09-27-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

And actually come to think of it, this one looks more likely for certain over-curious and exploratory toddlers (coughcoughDScoughcough) to crawl through...

My only concern about the first one was ending up with a curious or persistent chunker stuck in the little kitty hole but wasn't going to say anything
SilverSabre25 02:53 PM 09-27-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
My only concern about the first one was ending up with a curious or persistent chunker stuck in the little kitty hole but wasn't going to say anything
Ooo, interesting. I don't know if we have those but I'll have to find out! Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by Willow:
Silver - I just saw that exact gate at Mills Fleet Farm on sale for $40. Not sure if you have any of those or anything like them around you....think of a Home Depot geared more towards farmers and hunters.
Well, yes, that thought crossed my mind too But I don't think I'm going to find a perfect solution that doesn't contain that possibility. I'm mostly looking for difficulty of child access and ease of feline access, here.
Nickel 04:38 PM 09-27-2012
I have this gate and absolutely love it... You can latch the kitty door so they children couldn't get into it or leave it open if you need to. our cat just jumps over it. We can't leave the door open because one of my dogs is smart enough to actually squeeze through it. I have no idea how she fits because she is a lab and the door isn't huge, but hey. I still love the door even without the kitty door. It is strong and sturdy and opens and close with one hand.
Tags:gates, pets
Reply Up