Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hipster/Man-Bun Ken...
hwichlaz 09:02 AM 04-02-2018
I allow my school aged kids to bring toys during school breaks. It’s Spring Break here....

This Ken doll comes sporting cargo shorts and hiking boots, complete with a man-purse so he can man-spread and take up two bus seats. What he’s missing, is the beard.
Attached: BFD5CC54-1F23-46B4-8EFB-2B7D47E923EE.jpeg (1.13 MB) 
Blackcat31 09:27 AM 04-02-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I allow my school aged kids to bring toys during school breaks. It’s Spring Break here....

This Ken doll comes sporting cargo shorts and hiking boots, complete with a man-purse so he can man-spread and take up two bus seats. What he’s missing, is the beard.
um, okay..
Cat Herder 09:47 AM 04-02-2018
Yep. The fashionista's line.
Attached: manbunken (600 x 337).jpg (40.6 KB) 
storybookending 09:49 AM 04-02-2018
I am glad that Barbie has more and more options to represent all different types of looking people. I had a Ken doll with a beard when I was younger. It came with a little shaver you could shave it off with. I think warm water made it disappear temporarily. I still have it up in my attic. I don’t have barbies out for the kids right now.
Cat Herder 10:02 AM 04-02-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I had a Ken doll with a beard when I was younger.
I had an old GI Joe from the 60's that I rescued from my Gma's basement (second from left) ...swoon. Poor 80's Malibu Ken never quite measured up for me.
Attached: GI-Joe1 (600 x 411).jpg (73.6 KB) 
hwichlaz 10:03 AM 04-02-2018
I like that they have the different body types now too. I don’t buy barbies though, never will. I just don’t have that age group.
daycarediva 10:16 AM 04-02-2018
I don't get the manspreading/mansplaining reference. He looks like a DCD I have. Nicest guy!

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I had an old GI Joe from the 60's that I rescued from my Gma's basement (second from left) ...swoon. Poor 80's Malibu Ken never quite measured up for me.
YES! Never had barbies but I did steal my brother's GI Joe's!

Worse than Barbie were those Bratz dolls. GAG.
hwichlaz 10:20 AM 04-02-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I don't get the manspreading/mansplaining reference. He looks like a DCD I have. Nicest guy!
It’s more of a genenerational reference, and I’ve yet to meet a man-bun on anyone older, lol.

A lot of men in that age group come across kind of “know it all” and “entitled”. I know it’s just a lack of life experience kind of thing, and that they’ll probably outgrow it, or at least I pray they do.
MissAnn 11:12 AM 04-02-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My mom used to buy things at big bargains. She found a GI Joe with Barbir’s voice saying.....Let’s go shopping!
Blackcat31 12:02 PM 04-02-2018

Right??

I bought a huge lot of them at a garage sale a few years back. Figured they would be a replacement for the Barbie dolls I had (I hate Barbies and my DCK's simply can't manage their clothing et so I am the one that is alwyas dressing them.....Sorry.but.I.don't.want.to.play.Barbies. )

Then I got a better look at those things and um, yeah... my DD and her friends (high schoolers at the time) started referring to them as "Tot Prots" (toddler prostitutes )

They were creepy looking and weren't any better than Barbies in the end so I tossed them all.
CalCare 12:05 PM 04-02-2018
Man-spreading is taking all the space in a shared space kind of public/social situation (like a bus seat and the man opens his legs wide). Man-bun Ken would NEVER man-spread. Ken is supposed to be dreamy and awesome!
hwichlaz 12:56 PM 04-02-2018
Originally Posted by CalCare:
Man-spreading is taking all the space in a shared space kind of public/social situation (like a bus seat and the man opens his legs wide). Man-bun Ken would NEVER man-spread. Ken is supposed to be dreamy and awesome!
Supposed to be...but this one has the man-bag and everything, lol.

I love that he has a more realistic body style though. I’m sick of the perfect dolls.
mommyneedsadayoff 05:53 AM 04-03-2018

YES! Never had barbies but I did steal my brother's GI Joe's!

I had a few Kens, but I mostly played with GI Joe's! They were more manly and their limbs had more joints so you could move them. I loved the actual fuzzy beard too. My barbies needed real men and Ken just didn't hold up!
Tags:barbie, ken dolls
Reply Up