Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Soon in Advance?
Valerie928 06:08 AM 01-28-2021
I have a new baby starting in beginning of June. I have politely asked mom if baby will be coming 4 days a week or 5. She tells me that her and her husband are working it all out still. I know June is still months away but I need to start finding 1 more kiddo to fill a spot as I am losing a child in September who is starting kindergarten. I just want all my ducks in a row. I am a planner. Is it too soon to expect these parents to know exactly how many days a week baby will be coming?
Cat Herder 06:32 AM 01-28-2021
If it is their first, they really have no clue how it is going to go. She may even change her mind about going back to work, at all. Maybe several times before now and then.

Have you considered just going to an enrolled or not enrolled program? One slot, one rate, attend as often or as little as they want. It changed my entire program for the better.

It is so laid back and peaceful with no child turnover. I swear you won't regret it if you do.
Valerie928 07:03 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
If it is their first, they really have no clue how it is going to go. She may even change her mind about going back to work, at all. Maybe several times before now and then.

Have you considered just going to an enrolled or not enrolled program? One slot, one rate, attend as often or as little as they want. It changed my entire program for the better.

It is so laid back and peaceful with no child turnover. I swear you won't regret it if you do.
Yep, it's their first baby. Probably their only since they are both months shy of being 40.
I like your way of doing one slot, one rate enrolled. Makes sense!
Blackcat31 07:14 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
I have a new baby starting in beginning of June. I have politely asked mom if baby will be coming 4 days a week or 5. She tells me that her and her husband are working it all out still. I know June is still months away but I need to start finding 1 more kiddo to fill a spot as I am losing a child in September who is starting kindergarten. I just want all my ducks in a row. I am a planner. Is it too soon to expect these parents to know exactly how many days a week baby will be coming?
I charge weekly so parents pay for the entire week so I don't worry about how many days the child will/won't attend.

I do require notice the Friday prior of what days (if they attend less than 5) they'll be here and notice of what days they'll be absent if they attend all 5 regularly.

Otherwise, I don't care. lol! A space is a space. My parents pay for the space not for time used.
Valerie928 07:18 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I charge weekly so parents pay for the entire week so I don't worry about how many days the child will/won't attend.

I do require notice the Friday prior of what days (if they attend less than 5) they'll be here and notice of what days they'll be absent if they attend all 5 regularly.

Otherwise, I don't care. lol! A space is a space. My parents pay for the space not for time used.
Makes perfect sense!
Tags:attendance, slots, tuition not based on attendance
Reply Up