Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Storing Cloth Diapers?
DBug 10:30 AM 09-07-2011
For those of you who do cloth diapers, how do you store them? I have cubbies for each child for disposables, but they aren't big enough for a stack of clean cloth diapers and a wet bag. I have two kids in cloth, and have for quite some time, but last night was the first time I sent a wet diaper home in the wrong wet bag . Dc mom was fine with it, but it grossed me right out!

As it is now, I have a row of hooks to hang each child's bag of clean cloth diapers on, with each wet bag either beside them or on the same hook. It's behind the bathroom door, which is pretty awkward on it's own, but now that I've slipped up once, I'd like another solution. How do you ladies store your cloth diapers?

Fwiw, my dc parents bring enough diapers (5-6) for the day each morning and take the remainder and the wet bag home every night.
youretooloud 10:42 AM 09-07-2011
I have shelves above the diaper changer and I stack them there.

I've also used those baskets that you can get in any store. You can easily fit up to about nine in there. I have prefolds and covers, so I put them together before putting them on a shelf. I get two covers a day, and about seven prefolds, so the extra prefolds go behind the ones with covers.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cloth...w=1210&bih=683

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cloth...&tx=124&ty=114
SunflowerMama 11:52 AM 09-07-2011
I have stairs that go up to our 2nd level (don't have dc access during the day) with a gate. Just behind the gate on the stairs I have one of those canvas storage boxes from Target and I keep the clean diapers, covers, wipes and snappis in that. I then have a large wetbag in our pantry (behind child proof lock).

I use a diaper service and am diapering 4 right now ages 5 months - 3 (I use the same size for all of them) so all the dirty dipes go in the same wetbag. Easy Peasy.
MG&Lsmom 11:57 AM 09-07-2011
I'd hang the wet bags from the changing table, one on each side if space allowed. Or if you're dumping solids regularly, I'd put Command Hooks on the wall on either side of the toilet and hang them there.
KEG123 08:24 AM 09-08-2011
My changing table is "dresser" style. So there are 3 drawers. Top one is for sposies and wipes. Middle and bottom one are cloth diapers. Then on the side of the table I have a hanging wet bag. (or if I had more than one in cloth, I'd get another wetbag) but for now, my only one in CD will be my newborn in October. Gosh, she's gonna be here so soon!
Tags:changing area, changing table, cloth diapers, diapers - storing
Reply Up