Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Walking ID For Kids
laundrymom 11:53 AM 08-24-2011
Ok, for may accreditation I have to

Have the kids carry my name, #and their name with them. Not visible. Ages 4yrs-3 mo. Ok brainstorm. No necklaces, safety pins. I'm thinking bibs for babies with info ironed onto the underside. And vests for my walkers labeled the same way. ???? Anyone have another idea????
Cat Herder 11:57 AM 08-24-2011
Go to http://www.chicksandcubs.com/safety.htm

Look under child safety "school packs"

I do a couple of those fairs each year and have seen those products at some boths..
MG&Lsmom 12:04 PM 08-24-2011
My kids were medical id bracelets from StickyJ Jewelry, the sports band ones. But those are pricey if you're buying for each kid. It's the engraving of the plates, not the bands themselves. For DCKs the Id Inside bracelets should be just fine. You can have the babies where them on their ankles. Or luggage tags with your business card inside looped around a beltloop or shoe lace.
DBug 02:33 PM 08-24-2011
Hmm -- looking at those ID bracelets gave me an idea. The company sells blank paper-type (Tyvek, maybe?) self-adhesive bracelets with a marker for you to write on your own information. The party supply stores around here actually sell the blank Tyvek bracelets and they're usually in sheets that you can send through your printer. Maybe there would be a way to print the child's info on the bracelet and then put it on the child's wrist or ankle facing inwards? You'd have to cut them off to remove them but at least you wouldn't have to worry about the kids losing them. Alternatively, you could also buy them custom-printed for you, but of course, that would be more expensive.
mismatchedsocks 05:24 PM 08-24-2011
I have breakaway necklaces( lanyards). On the end of them i used a name tag for each child and laminated them. I had to do this for accreditation. Its easy, reusable and will not choke children. For the babies, i put it in their pants and for the older ones they wear them.
laundrymom 05:30 PM 08-24-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
I have breakaway necklaces( lanyards). On the end of them i used a name tag for each child and laminated them. I had to do this for accreditation. Its easy, reusable and will not choke children. For the babies, i put it in their pants and for the older ones they wear them.
Is accreditation thru NAFCC? it says under 5 can't have necklaces.
mismatchedsocks 05:34 PM 08-24-2011
Yep its through nafcc. The lady who came out told me necklaces and breakaway lanyards are different. I would call them to ask, but she saw them and thought was a great idea! Good luck.

Anything else I thought of was to expensive considering how many times we have outings for each of my 8-10 kids!
laundrymom 06:35 PM 08-24-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
Yep its through nafcc. The lady who came out told me necklaces and breakaway lanyards are different. I would call them to ask, but she saw them and thought was a great idea! Good luck.

Anything else I thought of was to expensive considering how many times we have outings for each of my 8-10 kids!
Awesome!! I have another friend who used them but was told not to, ? From her NAFCC observer. Ugh lol it's so confusing!
pappyny 08:35 PM 08-24-2011
I am a military provider and have to have my kids carry the same information. I am also working on NAFCC accreditation. I have my name, phone #, and coordinator's name on one side and then I print each child's name with a label maker and put it on the back of the card. The card is put inside a name badge holder, the kind with the clip. I clip it on their backs when we leave and most of them don't even kow it's there. This idea may not work well for infants. I love your bib idea though!
heyhun77 07:46 AM 08-25-2011
I have shirts that have the business name and phone number on it (it's a cell so it's with us). If for some reason we don't have our shirts on then I just write my first name and phone number on the back of their hands.
Tags:walking, walking - id
Reply Up