Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent Slandering Me . . . UGH!
spedmommy4 06:25 PM 05-26-2016
So I took the semi-high road with the parent I posted about here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82848

I enforced my sick policy and got a text from mom that Wednesday would be her last day. Whatever. I was done with the mother at that point. She didn't complete the two week notice period and I said nothing. I didn't even ask for the money or mention it. I packed up dcg's stuff and had it ready for her at pick up. I let mom know it was by the sign in. That was it.

And dcm mom blew up over something completely unrelated. This same dcm has been spamming our Facebook family childcare provider group with ads for the new CENTER she works for. (I run it) I admitted her to the group because I thought she was going to look for care for her child. Instead, she posts every few days with ads for the center. The group description specifically states it is for parents and family childcare only. I removed her from the group after the second ad and she just noticed today.

So, instead of asking me why, today she started slandering my personal business. And she let me know she called licensing on me. UGH!! I close next Friday. Next Friday!! I don't need this.

I sent her a cease and desist, removed the reviews section on Facebook, closed down my Google page, and blocked her on FB, my phone, etc. I am so sad right now. I went above and beyond for this kid. Now I don't even want to reopen after I move.
Annalee 06:35 PM 05-26-2016
So sorry! I am sure licensing will understand but it is hard to clear up when things are posted on social media.....This happened to a provider here! Another reason I do not have FB. Best wishes to you with your move!
e.j. 07:07 PM 05-26-2016
I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's sad to think about how vindictive and petty some adults can be when things don't go their way.
Josiegirl 03:19 AM 05-27-2016
Just like a 2 yo throwing herself on the floor and screaming because they didn't get their way, just the adult version. Unfortunately, people believe too much of what they hear and don't see it for themselves. They just accept what others tell them. Is there some way you can stand up for yourself through these sites where your name has been slandered?

This is just an example, totally unrelated to dc, but a neighbor of mine is being dragged through the impossibly slow court system. Anything that's been written about him in the newspaper that people respond too...well you can see how people prejudge before they know the story. He's been called every name in the book and deemed guilty already. It doesn't matter that the whole mess started when his psychotic vengeful daughter in law turned him in for a bogus complaint. His DIL even tried to rescind the complaint and they wouldn't let her. So now his life has been ruined.

It's a scary thing when a dcp becomes entitled and can be mean like that. It can turn our world upside down.
Good luck with your move!! Keep your chin up and move forward! New location might help you get away from this type of dcp. Can you get your other dcps to put in a good word for you, either through references or online?
daycarediva 03:44 AM 05-27-2016
How awful! This job is hard enough without parental temper tantrums!
Thriftylady 05:12 AM 05-27-2016
Ugh I am so sorry she is acting like such a child. Ugh.
sharlan 05:54 AM 05-27-2016
I've learned that the more you do for a family the more they stab you in the back.
Mandy 06:59 AM 05-27-2016
Big hugs for you during this time. You have done all the right things and it just stinks that she is doing this to you. Adults, like kids, have to remember that rules are rules. You told her that the illness policy will be enforced, and instead of using common sense, she did the old fashioned grocery store tantrum. It is NOT your fault though that she is acting this way. She chose to dig a hole herself and throw herself in there. You did not give her the shovel.

Also, please do not let one person wreck what you love. For every bad dcp, surely there are more good dcps out there? When you are at your new place, maybe you can get to know the families in the area, and if they seem nice, go for it

*I just read the post further and it said it was over her being removed from your facebook group due to her posting ads for another group. I mean come on, her throwing a tantrum over that and trying to wreck your business over that? It is amazing (sarcasm) why people throw a fit over the darnest things .
spedmommy4 07:29 AM 05-27-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Just like a 2 yo throwing herself on the floor and screaming because they didn't get their way, just the adult version. Unfortunately, people believe too much of what they hear and don't see it for themselves. They just accept what others tell them. Is there some way you can stand up for yourself through these sites where your name has been slandered?

This is just an example, totally unrelated to dc, but a neighbor of mine is being dragged through the impossibly slow court system. Anything that's been written about him in the newspaper that people respond too...well you can see how people prejudge before they know the story. He's been called every name in the book and deemed guilty already. It doesn't matter that the whole mess started when his psychotic vengeful daughter in law turned him in for a bogus complaint. His DIL even tried to rescind the complaint and they wouldn't let her. So now his life has been ruined.

It's a scary thing when a dcp becomes entitled and can be mean like that. It can turn our world upside down.
Good luck with your move!! Keep your chin up and move forward! New location might help you get away from this type of dcp. Can you get your other dcps to put in a good word for you, either through references or online?
She did on Facebook. After I did some digging, I found a very complicated way to remove the review section altogether.

In her review, she said that she didn't know her daughter was sick and I got mad because it took to long to arrive. The only thing I cared about was my carpet.

She said my place was "iffy," and that I put on a show, spend a lot of time on the phone, and gossip about all the families. I was livid. This lady is in and out of my house as fast as she can be. She's usually on her phone trying to simultaneously manage her very strong willed child and letting my assistant or I do most of the work. And I've only ever discussed her daughter with her.

She also called licensing but I don't know what she thinks licensing will do. Even if those complaints had any merit, they aren't reportable. And I move out of state next Saturday.

ETA: she also emailed to DEMAND I take down the website photos immediately. I learned I'm not legally obligated to but I'm so done with this crazy right now.
Ariana 09:37 AM 05-27-2016
Wow. Just wow this lady is all kinds of crazy.

hang in there, at least you are moving! Imagine if you had to keep living near her?!
finsup 09:48 AM 05-27-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
She did on Facebook. After I did some digging, I found a very complicated way to remove the review section altogether.

In her review, she said that she didn't know her daughter was sick and I got mad because it took to long to arrive. The only thing I cared about was my carpet.

She said my place was "iffy," and that I put on a show, spend a lot of time on the phone, and gossip about all the families. I was livid. This lady is in and out of my house as fast as she can be. She's usually on her phone trying to simultaneously manage her very strong willed child and letting my assistant or I do most of the work. And I've only ever discussed her daughter with her.

She also called licensing but I don't know what she thinks licensing will do. Even if those complaints had any merit, they aren't reportable. And I move out of state next Saturday.

ETA: she also emailed to DEMAND I take down the website photos immediately. I learned I'm not legally obligated to but I'm so done with this crazy right now.
I'd so want to send her a message back saying "sorry dcm, too busy gossiping with the other families about you to take those pictures down..." But that's not exactly professional probably better to ignore it all together but it would be tempting lol.
badger411 01:28 PM 05-27-2016
I just had a parent going on Facebook telling people not to send their kids to my daycare. The only reason was because she was termed for non-payment and we sent her to collections. She felt it was unfair that I enforced the late-payment provisions of the contract and "there is no way" we are paying all that money. She also threatened us directly that she was calling licensing for discussing her with the other parents, which we did in only the most generic terms about why her kid wasn't there anymore. She was also harassing us by text after we told her all communication needed to go through the collection agency. We contacted our licenser about what we should do, and she suggested contacting the police, and that we didn't have anything to worry about from the county. We responded to the parent that we would be happy to report her discussion about us on Facebook to the police and begin proceedings for harassment, restraint of trade and slander. That really kind of killed her mojo right there. She is now supposedly opening her own daycare. Yeah, good luck with that.
Reply Up