Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Spitting Milk Out
gumdrops 08:36 AM 11-01-2018
I have a DCG 17 mo and she spits her milk out down her chin. She has been playing with her cup and making a mess, so I now limit her to a drink, then I take her cup back until her next drink. Today as I was taking her cup away a little came out of her mount. No big deal, she just had too much in her mouth. The next couple of times, she would slowly spit ALL the milk out of her mouth. Any suggestions on how to stop it?
lovemykidstoo 08:38 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
I have a DCG 17 mo and she spits her milk out down her chin. She has been playing with her cup and making a mess, so I now limit her to a drink, then I take her cup back until her next drink. Today as I was taking her cup away a little came out of her mount. No big deal, she just had too much in her mouth. The next couple of times, she would slowly spit ALL the milk out of her mouth. Any suggestions on how to stop it?
I just do what you're doing. I don't let the 1 child I have that does it have control of the cup. I offer it throughout lunch. He takes a small drink, I take it away. typically before he would spit it out, drop it on the table, throw it on the floor. Now, after I offer it, if he does any of that, he's done with it.
Blackcat31 08:41 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
Give her small amounts for each drink.
If she spits it down her chin, firmly say no and take it away.

She clearly doesn't want it.

Rinse and repeat.
She'll figure out pretty quickly that her game isn't fun anymore.
Tags:milk, spits out milk, spitting out food
Reply Up