Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Receipts
Ariana 05:07 PM 01-20-2019
I always give tax receipts in January and I usually just make my own in Word and email it as a jpg file (picture) to my families.

How do you send receipts? Wondering if hardcopy is better or if there is a better way to go about doing it.

Thanks
Mike 05:16 PM 01-20-2019
For my businesses, I always do email receipts using an email template and filling in the spaces.
Second Home 05:45 AM 01-21-2019
I type out a letter for each family with the total amount paid for the year and my tax id info.
The letter must be signed agreeing to the amount paid. We both get a copy.
DaveA 05:59 AM 01-21-2019
Excel spreadsheet with payment dates, check # or cash, and totals. I hand them out to current families & mail to former DCFs.
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 01-21-2019
I give current parents a copy of the W-10 with the yearly total paid written on the top. I have them sign and date two copies. I give them one and keep one for their file.

I don't issue individual receipts for each payment unless asked for one as all my families pay via bank transfers or an app so they have a digital "receipt" of their payment each time they make one.

Families that no longer attend can request a year end statement if they want to but I don't do it by any specific date.
amberrose3dg 06:55 AM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I give current parents a copy of the W-10 with the yearly total paid written on the top. I have them sign and date two copies. I give them one and keep one for their file.

I don't issue individual receipts for each payment unless asked for one as all my families pay via bank transfers or an app so they have a digital "receipt" of their payment each time they make one.

Families that no longer attend can request a year end statement if they want to but I don't do it by any specific date.
Same here. The ones that no longer attend I email their info to.
Ariana 08:06 AM 01-21-2019
Thanks everyone! Now I am wondering if I should be signing the receipts and giving hard copies instead of email. Maybe I will start doing both.
storybookending 08:16 AM 01-21-2019
I have a half page word document that is set up like this

Providers name:
Providers address:
Providers EIN:
Parents names:
Child’s names:
Total tuition paid:
Parents signature:
Providers signature:

I have all the appropriate information filled out for each specific family and then copy/paste so it’s two forms on one page, print it out, cut it in half and sign both copies and have parents sign both. One for me to keep and one for them. I don’t do weekly receipts as no one has ever asked for them.

Children who leave before the year is up I usually just print it out earlier and on their last day with last payment I have parents sign both copies and send it home with all of their belongings.
Gemma 09:26 AM 01-21-2019
I use the old fashion receipt book.
I give a receipt every time I get paid so every Monday. Parents are responsible for adding them up at the end of the year.
littlefriends 10:53 AM 01-21-2019
I use a receipt book and give everyone one each Friday (my payments are due Fridays for the week ahead) and then somewhere in January give them a paper with my tax id number and amt paid on it. They sign it, I copy it, and I put the original one in their file and give them the copy.
hwichlaz 03:06 PM 01-21-2019
A w-10 from the IRS website in pdf format with the amount and my signture. I take a screen shot of it, and then send it to them as a picture in messenger or text with a read receipt.
KayB 11:09 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

This is how I do it also.
ColorfulSunburst 11:26 AM 01-22-2019
w-10 form sending via e-mail.
Tags:receipts
Reply Up