Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Wear?
DaycareMom 09:41 AM 12-05-2011
OK. So I was wondering what other people wore during daycare hours.

I was thinking of doing a "uniform" and just getting 3-5 pairs of the same jeans and/or yoga pants and 5 different colored shirts. That way I don't need to think about it. I was also thinking of wearing the OLD NAVY lounge pants but am not sure how appropriate they are.

What do you think? What do you wear?
blueclouds29 09:51 AM 12-05-2011
sweat pants and a t-shirt. I'm prego so nothing else fits but besides being prego i would want to be comfortable and cause i have droolers, snooters, and we do lots of crafts with paint. Wouldn't want to miss up nice clothes.
lil angels 09:58 AM 12-05-2011
I have five t shirts all solid print that were from target all under $10 on sale am comfy I wear these almost all the time and some comfortable yoga type pants and some jeans I wear all the time. I figure I am on the floor and cleaning up all the time why not be comfortable and not so worried about my clothes. I thought about going and getting myself scrubs like nurses wear just don't know if I have the guts to wear something like that then it really would be no big deal. Every once in a while I will dress nice during the day and everyone will comment but normally I keep it pretty simple during the day.
SilverSabre25 10:02 AM 12-05-2011
jeans and a T-shirt.

I toss a denim shirt/flannel shirt/etc on if I'm cold in the winter, and I wear shorts in the summer.
AnneCordelia 10:04 AM 12-05-2011
Jeans & a t-shirt too. I have a few fleece cardigans that I wear over the t's in the winter.
Meyou 10:09 AM 12-05-2011
Jeans or yoga pants and a long sleeved shirt right now. I'll throw a hoodie on if I'm cold.
Sugar Magnolia 11:18 AM 12-05-2011
I should just post a picture of what I look like today and everyone could have a good chuckle. Sparkly, baby blue Converse All*Star sneakers (converse is the ONLY brand of shoes I wear!) brown shorts and a baby blue and purple Ben and Jerry's tie dye T shirt. My husband, on the other hand, has on nice jeans and a polo shirt. I should invest in uniforms, because the way I normally dress is whacked. Its push-back on all the years I had to wear a corprate uniform or dress code I guess! LOL!
seebachers 11:21 AM 12-05-2011
scrubs......easy clean up....comfy and I get them at the thrift store so about 3-5 dollars a set.
SandeeAR 11:25 AM 12-05-2011
Lounge pants/shorts. T shirt, long or short. Fuzzy sock in winter, barefoot in summer. (flip flops or crocs always handy)
Maddy'sMommy 11:25 AM 12-05-2011
I wear mostly jeans and t-shirts (with a hoodie now that it's winter). Although I may switch to yoga pants to I can do a short workout during afternoon nap. Lol
karen 11:28 AM 12-05-2011
Glad to see other people wearing yoga/jogging pants and a t-shirt.
Since I am on the floor most of the day and getting boogers wiped on me on a regular basis....Jogging pants and t shirt is the way to go!
I really do love when they wipe boogers on me!!!!! It's so special!
sahm1225 11:39 AM 12-05-2011
Jeans and tshirts. Sometimes sweat pants but right now I am pregnant and the kids have a bad habit on pulling on my pants legs to get my attention (which would mean I would have my pants pulled down all the time!)

When Im not pregnant, I wear jeans or nicer looking sweat pants and tshirts. In the summer capris and tank tops or tshirts.

I have a group of toddlers, so I have to wear things that I am comfortable in plus be able to run around and keep up with them in!
Sugar Magnolia 11:55 AM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by karen:
Glad to see other people wearing yoga/jogging pants and a t-shirt.
Since I am on the floor most of the day and getting boogers wiped on me on a regular basis....Jogging pants and t shirt is the way to go!
Yeah! Especially when they are acting like they are going to give you a hug and really just want to wipe boogers on you. Lol!
MNMum 12:30 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I should just post a picture of what I look like today and everyone could have a good chuckle. Sparkly, baby blue Converse All*Star sneakers (converse is the ONLY brand of shoes I wear!) brown shorts and a baby blue and purple Ben and Jerry's tie dye T shirt. My husband, on the other hand, has on nice jeans and a polo shirt. I should invest in uniforms, because the way I normally dress is whacked. Its push-back on all the years I had to wear a corprate uniform or dress code I guess! LOL!
I'm jealous of the shorts. It's freezing here! I love wearing my yoga pants. Usually wear jeans 1x/week - that's me dressing up for daycare. I had a mom drop off her 10 month old and comment on how he was underdressed in his "comfies", sweats and sweathshirt. I said "Aww, he just matches everyone else here" and pointed at myself. Since then he has shown up more often in "playclothes". Dad made a comment recently that mom has really loosened up with this third child, all the rest had to dressed their best everyday. Dad says, "This one just gets to be comfortable." That's how it should be!
AmyLeigh 12:46 PM 12-05-2011
Winter: Jeans, long sleeve T with cami, *** boots.
Summer: Shorts or a skirt, short sleeve T w/cami, Birkenstocks

If my feet are comfy, I am comfy. Camis help me stay covered when children are pulling at my shirt. I'll wear yoga pants and athletic shoes if I plan on going to the gym after pick-up.

I have also noticed that long as I am wearing complimentary colors (blues/greens for me), have my hair down rather than in a ponytail, and have a swipe of powder and mascara, then I look nicer. When I feel I look nice, I am in a much better mood.
AmyLeigh 12:48 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
Winter: Jeans, long sleeve T with cami, *** boots.
Summer: Shorts or a skirt, short sleeve T w/cami, Birkenstocks
Don't know why the brand of boots was blocked. They are the sheepskin boots from Australia.
Country Kids 01:22 PM 12-05-2011
I don't wear jeans can't stand the way they feel-

I wear just colored pants and a shirt but changing things up abit. Trying to get out of the funk I was in and I think working on my appearance will help.

I'm still going to wear pants with shirts but going to dress everything up a bit. Wearing makeup everyday, doing hair, going to add extra jewlery. Lipstick gives my face color so will be wearing that throughout the day.

In the summer I can wear capri's, t-shirts and such and feel absolutely fine. In the winter though I like to be dressed up, like I'm going somewhere. It helps my mood tremendously I've noticed.
CheekyChick 02:22 PM 12-05-2011
Myself and my staff wear a (same colored) t-shirt with our DC name with either leggings, jeans, or short.
caring4kidsinSD 11:35 AM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by karen:
I have one girl 18 mo old who comes over to me to 'kiss' my knee but in the process wipes her nose all over my pants - Hmmm thanks! ANd my 10 mo old boy does the same - he's learning to stand and will lean against me and wipe his nose all over my sweatshirt! It's no wonder I go thru 10 outfits a week - 1 per day for daycare, and 1 per day to change into after they leave!!

Same here fleece pants and a hoodie in the winter - Shorts and t-shirt in the summer - I want to be comfy!

On a side note - When my helper started in Sept(she's 47) I had to TELL HER HOW TO DRESS - she'd wear flannel Pajama pants(When my kids asked why she was wearing pajama pants, she came right out and told the kids she didn't want to get dressed that morning) I was like that is NOT ok - You can be comfy but you also need to dress decently and present a clean appearance for parents.
Tags:attire, what do you wear
Reply Up