Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>40 Year Old Diapers?
DaveA 04:17 AM 09-07-2017
DCPs often bring in too small diapers, clothes, or other small stuff from their kids. If I can't use it and another DCF doesn't want it I donate it. Grandma picked up kids last night and said they were cleaning out cousin's house and found most of a big box of diapers. She had no idea when they were from. The only date on the box is from 1975! The amazing thing is the tape's still good on the diapers. I don't think I'll use these.
Rockgirl 04:46 AM 09-07-2017
LOL! Back in the day when diapers had a plastic cover on the outside, and you could only stick the tape down once. I was 5 in 75....sometimes my mom would buy me a box of real diapers for my dolls.
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 09-07-2017
I remember those! I was 7 in 1975 and had 3 younger siblings.... Funny how you don't really think about it but looking back now diapers have definitely changed with the times.... Rockgirl said plastic on the outside and it just dawned on me that I hadn't realized that diapers were more cloth-like on the outsides now.

When my first child was born the big thing in diapers were blue ones for boys (thicker padding in front) and pink ones (thicker padding in middle) for girls. I remember they were all the rage!

I wonder how much that box of diapers cost in 1975?
284878 06:31 AM 09-07-2017
Sell the diapers on eBay. I see old diapers on eBay for sale you can get a pretty penny for them.

When I was little my older sister had a baby at 17 and l thought it was silly to have boy diaper and girl diaper. I couldn't tell you how many times we would go to the store only to find that they were sold out of the boy diapers in his size.
Mom2Two 11:38 AM 09-08-2017
I remember those old disposable diapers! I'm the oldest of seven, so I got to be the helper with diapers and stuff, and my youngest sib got disposable instead of cloth.

They are a really different animal from today's disposables, because today's diapers have the gel chemical in them and those crystals that absorb water. The older ones just have cotton wool in them. They absorb what they absorb and that's it.

And I turned 8 in 1975. (49 years old with a seven year old )
Ariana 11:41 AM 09-08-2017
I thought you were going to tell us about diapers for 40 year olds
Mom2Two 11:44 AM 09-08-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I thought you were going to tell us about diapers for 40 year olds

lolol Me too at first! I thought he was starting to do elder care! lol
grandmom 03:11 PM 09-08-2017
My question is: Why would you not use these diapers? Who cares how old they are. It's not like they expire? I'd use them in a heartbeat.
sleepinghart 07:18 AM 09-09-2017
~...Wish you had a picture of this package of diapers ! I see nothing wrong with using them ...I know I would ...I don't like to waste things either so I would definitely use them .
DaveA 05:21 PM 09-09-2017
Originally Posted by grandmom:
My question is: Why would you not use these diapers? Who cares how old they are. It's not like they expire? I'd use them in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by sleepinghart:
~...Wish you had a picture of this package of diapers ! I see nothing wrong with using them ...I know I would ...I don't like to waste things either so I would definitely use them .
The only reason I wouldn't use them is the only one I have in diapers right now is a toddler way too small for them. I'm probably going to get laughed at when I take them in, but I'll donate them.

Here's a pic

IMG_1329.JPG
Attached:
Baby Beluga 09:20 PM 09-09-2017
What an interesting pic, they look so different!

If be interested to know if today's diapers or older diapers held more. Also didn't know Luvs was an older brand. Not sure why but I figured it would be pampers and huggies.
Tags:diapers
Reply Up