Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bored
BumbleBee 08:23 AM 11-13-2017
I have 1 kid (18 months old) until after school today. I am so bored! We've been to the bank, post office, library, another provider's house for a playdate. Now I'm cleaning the kitchen while making her lunch.

So, what does everybody else do when they have 1 kid????
HappyEverAfter 08:29 AM 11-13-2017
There was a day last week when I only had one, young infant. I too was bored all day. When my husband came home from work I told him I could never watch just one infant because I'd lose my mind from boredom. Now, on occasion I have a 16mth old by herself and I love that! Those are the days when we do extra arts and crafts or watch a Disney movie. If the weather is nice we play outside longer than usual.
storybookending 08:52 AM 11-13-2017
I don’t think I’ve ever just had one. Other than the first week I started and I was bored for sure but I was bored a lot in the first few weeks as I staggered children’s start dates to get them adjusted. The fact that I didn’t particularly enjoy my first family didn’t help matters.

There were a couple times last winter where I only had 2 when the others were it for illness and they were both under one or barely over. I watched a lot of Netflix during naps and didn’t feel guilty one bit. I recall one day I was able to get in 20-30 minutes on the elliptical. I treated it as kind of a day off.
amberrose3dg 08:59 AM 11-13-2017
Close
oh i wish.
Sherrihoos 11:51 AM 11-14-2017
People always exclaim, “oh how do you do it with so many?” But honestly I rather have a room full than just one! If I’m playing on the floor I might as well play with several!
Blackcat31 12:25 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sherrihoos:
People always exclaim, “oh how do you do it with so many?” But honestly I rather have a room full than just one! If I’m playing on the floor I might as well play with several!
I don't necessarily play on the floor but I agree with the room full vs only 1. My quieter days are T/TH and they crawl by and are soooooo slow.... the busier days fly by and there is a lot less squabbling when there are more than just a few kids present.
BumbleBee 01:40 PM 11-17-2017
Ugh, another day with 1 kid, 8 hrs in, 1 more to go. Kid is 18 months old.

We did laundry, dishes, vacuumed, scrubbed the kitchen floor, went for a walk, ran 3 errands, had a playdate with another provider, kid took a nap, we played.

All of that was done between 8 and 3:30. This last hour has draaaaaaagged. I'm silently willing her parent to pick up early today. Wishful thinking since they're both working.
Tags:bored, bored at daycare
Reply Up