Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pack N Play decisions
Thriftylady 02:49 PM 04-12-2015
Ok I am having a huge debate with myself. My space is so small and limited. My PNPs are not being used right now, and could use that space. So I put them away. My only thing is that now the parents won't see them. And I am debating when I do need to use them, putting them in my bedroom (It will need some reworking also). But then I may need to put them away when not in use for a couple of days or whatever.

Do you leave your PNPs out all the time or just when being used?
Josiegirl 03:46 PM 04-12-2015
At the moment I only use 1 p'n'p for naptime and it's in a bedroom so dcps don't see it anyways. I do leave it up all the time because it's a pain to take it up/down every single day, and that bedroom is only used for when my dd comes home to visit.
Thriftylady 03:48 PM 04-12-2015
When school is out, mine will go in DD's room, because she will be moving to her camp job for the summer. But for now that isn't an option. It will have to go in my room and that will only work for one. I am considering how I can rearrange my room lol.
racemom 05:11 PM 04-12-2015
I take down/put up pnp's as needed. Because the state says if we leave them up we cannot count that as usable space. When we first started needing to do it that way, it seemed like a lot of trouble, now it's just part of our nap time routine.
Unregistered 06:07 AM 04-13-2015
Mine stay up all the time. I have three different rooms for napping and like someone else said, they are a pain to set up and take down. I recently got rid of two pnp and switched to cots for the older kids. That did free up some visual space.
NightOwl 07:05 AM 04-13-2015
Mine are the Travel Lite by Graco, which is a mini pnp. So they take up much less room. And they are so light weight that it's nothing to move them to another room or fold them up really quick. I had to open one up on the fly this morning and it took all of 15 seconds. I would look into these if you're tight on space and want something ultra portable. The model that I bought is only about $65. And you could sell the others on Craigslist.
KSDC 11:01 AM 04-13-2015
I think that OP means that she doesn't have any infants enrolled right now that use the PnPlays. I store mine away when I don't have a daily need. In fact right now, all my DCKs are on sleep mats. So, that PnPs are bagged up and in the attic. I love having the extra space. When I interview a prospective infant family, I mention in the interview that I have PnPs for naps.
Gemma 11:16 AM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Do you leave your PNPs out all the time or just when being used?
I have 2 in the daycare and one in the office, I leave open all the time the 2 in the daycare, and close the one in the office if I don't have an infant young enough to need constant supervision.
crazydaycarelady 12:47 PM 04-13-2015
I leave them up now because I have the room but I used to put them down when I used our bedrooms. They are a pain either way.
NightOwl 01:08 PM 04-13-2015
If that's the case, put them away. I do. When I interview, I just bring one out so it's visible.
Thriftylady 01:14 PM 04-13-2015
I don't have anyone using them right now, and I did take them down. I am just worried when I do need them I won't want to give the space back for them. I need every bit of space I can get.
Unregistered 05:07 PM 04-13-2015
can you use them for storage? Like blanets, mats, pillows, stuffed toys...
Crazy8 06:04 AM 04-14-2015
Infants sleep in pack n plays in my own kids bedrooms so I fold them down when not being used. I do have one that hasn't transitioned to cot yet but we've moved the pack n play to the dining room (right on other side of the gate from where the bigger kids sleep on cots in the playroom). That one I tend to leave up if we aren't using my dining room for company or anything. I could probably transition him but need to buy another cot!
Tags:pack n play
Reply Up