Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Aid/Stopping bleeding
Leigh 08:06 PM 12-07-2014
I'm restocking my first aid kit, and was going to order QR Quick Relief for cuts (stops bleeding instantly). I've never had an injury during daycare (knock wood), but my husband and I have both had some good cuts that this stuff works great for. When I went to reorder, I was shocked at the price...last time I bought this stuff, it was 50 cents per application. Now it's $3-8 per application (using Amazon or google search).

Does anyone have a product that they use that works as good? This stuff stops bleeding on contact-I want to find something cheaper that works just as well. Any ideas?
DaveA 03:45 AM 12-08-2014
I keep a couple tubes of super glue in first aid kit- it works really well for minor cuts.
Cradle2crayons 04:56 AM 12-08-2014
I use the styptic powder made for birds. Comes in a little can. Just sprinkle on the wound.

But, in a pinch, flour works too.
CraftyMom 05:56 AM 12-08-2014
Liquid band aid maybe? I don't know if it stops the bleeding instantly, but it seals up a wound pretty well
Blackcat31 07:20 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Liquid band aid maybe? I don't know if it stops the bleeding instantly, but it seals up a wound pretty well
I use this stuff by the quart sometimes (my hands crack open due to eczema) but no, it doesn't stop the bleeding. You have to wait until the bleeding is stopped and the wound is more on the dry side or the liquid bandage won't stick.

Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I use the styptic powder made for birds. Comes in a little can. Just sprinkle on the wound.

But, in a pinch, flour works too.
We have a styptic pencil. We bought it at the pharmacy. It works well for small cuts. It stings like CRAZY so once you use it on a kid, they'll remember and never let you use it again! LOL! But it works great!
daycarediva 09:29 AM 12-08-2014
I wouldn't bother. I use pressure, soap and water (or an antiseptic wipe if outside), triple antibiotic ointment and a bandaid. The rest is what white blood cells are for.
Reply Up