Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yes My Hands Are Full!
dave4him 12:45 PM 04-30-2012
I am getting tired of hearing the same thing from people when i take the crew out shopping with me. Its always 'wow youre hands sure are full'.... my oldest points out the blond child is her cousin not her sister! Its kind of funny but makes me wonder if people see me as overwelmed... i dont mind it at all. But why is it when a mother is pushing around her own four or five kids no one says anything but as soon as a father pushes a few kids around in a cart, he has his hands full.....
Christian Mother 12:48 PM 04-30-2012
LOVE IT!!

Dave...I have people tell me ALL the time..and I'm a woman...I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT!!.....

I look back like "This is normal for me." What others can't tolerate we can.
dave4him 12:51 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
LOVE IT!!

Dave...I have people tell me ALL the time..and I'm a woman...I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT!!.....

I look back like "This is normal for me." What others can't tolerate we can.
when it was just me pushing my twin babies the cashier would say she never sees them crying... i just answer ... i try not to give them a reason too.... that is harder now!
Oneluckymom 12:51 PM 04-30-2012
I wouldn't take it personally. I really think that seeing a man with several small kids is new for most people. You see women with kids hanging on shopping carts ALL THE TIME...thats why no one says anything to us. The whole stay at home dad concept is still new, let alone a male caregiver!

Hang in there.
Meeko 01:24 PM 04-30-2012
This is Utah and big families are normal here.

My husband has 12 siblings!!!

One of his sisters has 9 children and another has 8 etc etc etc. So a whole bunch of kids at the grocery store is not met with so much surprise. My one brother -in-law (with 8 kids) used to live in Arizona and he would get
"Good grief...are they all yours??" in an accusing tone if he went to the store with them all.

He said he would just proudly say "Why yes they are! I am very blessed!"

Now his oldest daughter is expecting her 5th..........

We only had 4...so our family is teeny tiny!!!
Heidi 01:28 PM 04-30-2012
Hey Dave, if you were another kind of guy, you could TOTALLY take advantage and pick up chicks that way!

A grown man walking around with several children and being gentle with them....I'm suprised the ladies aren't writing their phone numbers on your hand in the grocery store.

A guy I once dated said the best way for him to meet girls was to take a puppy with a bandana on to the park...

same principle!
dave4him 01:32 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Hey Dave, if you were another kind of guy, you could TOTALLY take advantage and pick up chicks that way!

A grown man walking around with several children and being gentle with them....I'm suprised the ladies aren't writing their phone numbers on your hand in the grocery store.

A guy I once dated said the best way for him to meet girls was to take a puppy with a bandana on to the park...

same principle!

HAHAHAH. Yeah i can see how that would work. I want to say, yah you want to help me out,
Reply Up