Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Official
Danie362 04:01 PM 12-17-2012
I finally got word that I am officially licensed after 5 long months of getting everything together. Super excited Now i just need to get me some children. What's the best way?
MamaG 04:35 PM 12-17-2012
Congrats! Good luck. I use lots of word of mouth, tell everyone your have openings but leave out newly licensed. Flyers any place kids and parents will be likely to see, library, children's museum, grocery store.
Michael 04:56 PM 12-17-2012
That's great. Nice accomplishement.

There was another thread on advertising a new daycare yesterday: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56926
Blackcat31 04:59 PM 12-17-2012
Congratulations!!!
e.j. 05:28 PM 12-17-2012
Congratulations on becoming licensed! When I first started out, I told everyone I knew that I was opening my day care business. I told former co-workers, neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. I got my first group of dc kids that way and then through word of mouth as those parents spread the word to their friends and relatives.

There are other ways: developing your own day care website, newspaper ads, Craig's List, local community message boards, car magnets, sign in your yard, local business bulletin boards, flyers, etc.... Word of mouth has always worked best for me. Good luck!
Danie362 05:57 PM 12-17-2012
Thanks you guys. I will be posting flyers everywhere tomorrow. Can't wait to get started. . I have told most of my family and ex-co-workers.
Cat Herder 05:03 AM 12-18-2012
Congratulations!!

Check out Vista Print. They have some nice FREE business cards. Yes, you get a lot of emails afterward, but they are worth it. (I ended up ordering letterhead/envelopes, too. )

Many grocery stores have bulletin boards for small business owners to put their cards/flyer's up, now.

You can also have your family and friends put some out in the break rooms at work.
Tags:licensed
Reply Up