Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dcm having rough time
Indoorvoice 04:12 AM 10-13-2015
A dcm who I usually can't get to stop talking has barely been making eye contact with me and won't even say goodbye the last couple of days. This morning when I said "have a nice day!" I could tell she was crying when she said thanks. We haven't had any conflicts lately so I don't *think *it is me but you never know. Would you confront her?
Play Care 05:07 AM 10-13-2015
I would just ask her is she was okay - "hey DCM I've noticed you seem upset, is everything okay?"

Of course then you need to be prepared for whatever answer she gives
Thriftylady 09:19 AM 10-13-2015
I agree I would just ask if she is okay. If she wants to tell you she can and it won't seem like you are prying.
Heidi 10:46 AM 10-13-2015
I would also ask. I believe that supporting families is part of what we do.
e.j. 10:53 AM 10-13-2015
I had a dcm act the same way once. I really thought she was upset with me for some reason but couldn't figure out why she would be. After about a week or two of wondering what was up, dcd showed up to see his son. He explained that he was going to be working late and just wanted to give him an early kiss goodnight. I thought it was sweet until that afternoon, at pick up time, I told dcm her husband had stopped by and why. She started crying and explained that he wasn't working late. They had been going through a rough patch and he apparently made the decision to leave her. Before he did, he just wanted one last hug and kiss from his son. They eventually got back together but....had I asked dcm if everything was okay when she first started acting a little "off", I could have spared myself a lot of worrying and self doubt!
Indoorvoice 11:39 AM 10-13-2015
Thanks for the push guys. I emailed and asked if everything was ok. Glad I did. She said she is very stressed and has been having a hard time dropping off dd when all she wants is to be a sahm. I've been through similar feelings and that's the reason I started a daycare, so I hope I was able to comfort her a little. I'm glad I asked you. I never know where to draw the line between prying and being supportive.
Reply Up