Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Soooo tired of having to remind my PARENT.....
TSDaycare 05:45 AM 03-08-2011
I have one parent, who has their son come here 2 days per week- they are my only part time child along with the other boy sharing that spot. Mom pays me 2 weeks at a time, but if I don't remind her EVERYTIME payment is due,
I don't get paid until I remind her....I feel like I should not have to remind you every other week that you owe me money! It's so annoying! I also have to remind this parent of every federal holiday I am closed- and I usually get the response "oh I forgot it's a holiday" or "oh I didn't know that was one of your holidays" even though parent have off for this HOLIDAY....

I think what I'm getting at is most of my parents didn't read my policies or even there contract for the most part, the only part they made note of was how much they had to pay, what time they could drop their child off, and what time they had to be back by to pick them up!!!! Because anything else they have no recollection of.....it makes me insane!!!!
Cat Herder 05:49 AM 03-08-2011
You could start doing weekly invoices.

Minute Menu Kids will email recurring invoices to parents for you each week, or you can print them and hand them out on Fridays for the following week.

There is even a place for notes.

If you don't have MMK, you can type them up in advance for every week...

IDK, maybe that will help?
jen 06:13 AM 03-08-2011
Maybe you could send a note outlining your payment arrangement with a list of holidays attached. The make a notation that payments that are not recieved in FULL will be considered late, and a $10 per day late fee applies. Then don't remind her, CHARGE her!

And do something nice for yourself with the extra!
missnikki 06:15 AM 03-08-2011
Policy change suggestion:

"Payment for (each week or whatever) is due in advance of care on (the prior Friday or whatever) by close of business. Holidays, weekends, and your schedule do not have bearing on the due date. Payment will be considered late if not received for any reason by this time.

Late payment fees of ($25 or whatever) will be assessed the following business day and ($10 dollars a day or whatever) for each day past the due date that full payment is not received. Payment reminders may be distributed as a courtesy, but it is your responsibility to make arrangements to ensure you do not accrue late fees. A calendar is posted in the parent area for your reference."

**Important**
Instead of giving everyone a reminder, just post 2 months of your calendar, with payment due dates highlighted. You are helping kids learn the ropes...the parents are supposed to have it figred out already (haha, I know)
Blackcat31 06:24 AM 03-08-2011
I give each family a 8.5 x 11 calendar page for the current month on the 1st of each month that has all the days marked for when I am closed, for announcements, upcoming events and their paydays (highlighted) so that everyone knows whats going on.

When each family initially enrolls, I give them a magnet with my business logo on it and they are suppose to use it to put the calendar page on their fridge so they can see what's coming up for the month.

So far, it works well, because I haven't had to give any reminders about stuff...
TSDaycare 08:52 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I give each family a 8.5 x 11 calendar page for the current month on the 1st of each month that has all the days marked for when I am closed, for announcements, upcoming events and their paydays (highlighted) so that everyone knows whats going on.

When each family initially enrolls, I give them a magnet with my business logo on it and they are suppose to use it to put the calendar page on their fridge so they can see what's coming up for the month.

So far, it works well, because I haven't had to give any reminders about stuff...
Do you use a calendar template from the computer or do you hand write it out? I think this is what I am going to do, but I feel like I still must remind....I should just take care of the parents also sometimes!!!
Blackcat31 09:13 AM 03-08-2011
I use this site; http://www.calendarlabs.com/printabl...?template=tL1m

It allows you to write on the spaces with whatever text you want.....you can hightlight, enlarge and change the color of the text too.....I just print them as I need them....easy peasy....and works great for every parent because it is personalized....

Just choose the layout, year, month and style you want.
QualiTcare 09:18 AM 03-08-2011
you could ask for post-dated checks too and she might love that idea. i did that when mine were in daycare bc my schedule was so insane i really would forget either that it was monday, or not have my check book. i started post dating the checks and paying for a month at a time.
daycare 09:27 AM 03-08-2011
have you considered using an online payment system like childcarepay.com?
I use this for those families who pay monthly or two weeks at a time.
It will send out automatic payment reminders.
TSDaycare 10:30 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
have you considered using an online payment system like childcarepay.com?
I use this for those families who pay monthly or two weeks at a time.
It will send out automatic payment reminders.
Do you have to use MMK for this service, because I don't but would be very interested to have direct deposit as an option for my parents......
daycare 11:00 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by TSDaycare:
Do you have to use MMK for this service, because I don't but would be very interested to have direct deposit as an option for my parents......
I am not 100 % sure... I would go to the website to see what it says.. I do have mmk... is there a reason why you don't use MMK?
I love mmk it keeps me running smooth with all of my accounting
Reply Up