Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>mondays!!!
TSDaycare 09:16 AM 04-04-2011
Why are kids so bad on mondays???? I have 2 little boys(brothers) who I have the biggest problem with EVERY Monday! The older one seems to forget all my rules and the younger little guy comes back hitting and pushing constantly....he usually spends his entire Monday constantly in time out....by Weds they are pretty controllable once again! It makes me crazy that they have no discipline at home and makes my Mondays stressful!
littlemissmuffet 09:26 AM 04-04-2011
Mine are always crazy on Mondays too. For me, it's because they have ZERO structure or routine over the weekend.
Unregistered 09:28 AM 04-04-2011
Mine always come back exhausted. They can barely stay awake until naptime and always sleep a little longer. That's the only thing that changes how they behave in daycare. They seem to go right back into daycare mode the second they walk in the door.
daycare 09:28 AM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Mine are always crazy on Mondays too. For me, it's because they have ZERO structure or routine over the weekend.
exactly!! no structure, went to bed late, ate junk food and got away with murder all weekend....lol
PitterPatter 09:30 AM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by TSDaycare:
Why are kids so bad on mondays???? I have 2 little boys(brothers) who I have the biggest problem with EVERY Monday! The older one seems to forget all my rules and the younger little guy comes back hitting and pushing constantly....he usually spends his entire Monday constantly in time out....by Weds they are pretty controllable once again! It makes me crazy that they have no discipline at home and makes my Mondays stressful!
I usually have that problem with a 2 1/2 yr old dcb but today he is actually very nice and helpful. I sent the Mom a text to let her know how well behaved he is today and she says it's because she kicked her bf out. Lets hope he stays like this.

I think Monday's are always harder because the kids have been away from the daycare routine all weekend and have to step back into it. I know my dcb doesn't have a routine at home. He is always going to someone elses house and having dif rules etc. Once Monday comes he just needs to get back into our routine and be reminded of the rules. It gets better as the week goes along and then Monday comes again. It's even worse after DCM takes a vacation twice a yr. It's like starting all over again and reminding him of the rules and routine. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone had the same routine and rules. Wishful thinking huh lol

I hope your day gets better!
MarinaVanessa 09:33 AM 04-04-2011
I don't know if it's because my DC kid arrivals are staggered or what but I never have trouble with them acting up on Mondays. The only difference I see this Monday is with my own 6yo DD. She's on vacation and thinks she's queen of the castle. Have to CONSTANTLY tell her to stop being bossy, crazy, loud, running, etc. etc. etc. . All of the other kids are just fine, why is it that it's always my own??
MG&Lsmom 09:37 AM 04-04-2011
It was the same when I was teaching (grades 3-8). Monday was horrid and by Friday everyone had gotten back into a routine. Mondays used to be so tough here too, but since I started rotating toys every week it's gotten better. They show up wondering what I took out and play so nice since it's all novel to them.
GretasLittleFriends 09:40 AM 04-04-2011
I will have to admit I was greatly looking forward to this Monday! I welcomed it with open arms!

Last week was our spring break. Everything here is mud/snow coated and just messy outside. With certain of my children not bringing appropriate clothing and the overall disaster outside we didn't hardly get to play outside. I had 4 SA's (One is mine) here and it was a very long week. I am mildly starting to dread summer vacation. LOL I am anxious for the yard to dry up!!
Reply Up