Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I am Thinking of Starting a Home Day Care in Ohio - Any Advice Is Appreciated !!
Stal 10:13 PM 06-08-2014
Hello,

Me and a friend are thinking about starting a home day care business out of my home residence in Ohio...Can anyone offer me any advice or insight as to how to go about doing this as easily as possible ? What should I be aware of ? ....thank you !!
Michael 11:59 PM 06-08-2014
Welcome to the forum - Here are the requirements for Ohio: https://daycare.com/ohio/

We also have Ohio members on the forum.
wonderfullisa 11:15 AM 06-09-2014
Are you wanting to be state licensed, or only private? In Ohio you can watch up to 6 children (not counting your own who are 6 or older) without a license.
Stal 09:39 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by Lisa's Little Lambs:
Are you wanting to be state licensed, or only private? In Ohio you can watch up to 6 children (not counting your own who are 6 or older) without a license.
Private ...type b for starters. My main concern is what should I be concerned about ? Mainly relating to potential lawsuits and insurance issues.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:46 AM 06-10-2014
I am a type B provider in Ohio. There have been a lot of changes in the past year. I will try to respond during naptime... I have to get breakfast on the table now
kelbachj9 07:43 AM 07-05-2014
I actually spoke to Tori Fees (the daycare whisperer) about starting a daycare as an RN and she states that I am able to make RN wages.

I am curious though, my house is not a good set up for a daycare. My parents are renting a house and the contract is coming due. I am debating on doing it. It is one mile from my house and is the perfect set up. Would it be considered a center though since it is not my house? And if so, should I obtain an LLC? Would I get tax deductions?

Also, how much money did you set aside to get started? I don't want my venture to ever put us into debt.

Do you suggest hiring an assistant to start? And, if so, how much do you pay them?

Sorry so many questions!!
Tags:ohio member
Reply Up