Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Got Some Issues....About Advertising...
Unregistered 07:22 PM 08-09-2012
And , I don't want to register here for many reasons.
Here's the thing...I NEED to advertise now. Never had to in the past. The referrel agencys and word of mouth were always enough to fill my spots. Not so anymore. I guess it's the economy? I mean, i don't really know. I have no friends here...daycare friends I mean. I have no one to call and ask how they're doing.
I tried to make friends "here" many many moons ago, and the locals daycares just didn't accept me...way back "then". My clients, at the time, said it was because I was not a "local" So, now, I don't try to befriend any of them anymore. Tit for Tat right? I'm okay with this situation. I don't care about having daycare friends anyways. But, now..I HAVE TO ADVERTISE! HAVE TO! But, I don't "want"too. Because, I don't want 'them" seeing that I'm hurting for $$$ and have to advertise. I SO TOTALLY have a Facebook and webpage ready to launch. But, I know...it's gonna piss off the local daycares so much. If they had web pages and facebook pages ...I would totally post mine. But, they don't. I don't want to start any trouble with these people that have known each other for ever and have done daycare together forever. And, it's not like a huge amount of people...just all friends who grew up here together and ice new people out.
What should I do?
IF I launch my facebook and webpage...what if people leave a bunch of negative comments or dislike me or something??? The comment thing really bothers me because I guess on facebook people can say anything they want. I don't even know anymore. I love my house, and for the most part, I love my little town. I wanted to be friends with the other home daycares years ago, I don't want to put my self out there again.
I just don't have the guts to advertise for fear that "they" see I need to. I mean, none of them advertise...ever. So confused. Any opinions are welcome.
Michael 10:25 PM 08-09-2012
My opinion: Stop fearing and register here.
Breezy 10:33 PM 08-09-2012
I second what Michael said. It is your business who cares what "they" think!!

I would also absolutely register. We are a great group of girls and guys and if nothing else we can help you ge your confidence up so you can fill some spots and not fear this other people.

Also, on Facebook if people are saying nasty stuff you can block them and they won't be able to see anything you post or do!
DayCareDynasty 03:14 AM 08-10-2012
First of all this makes me sad, as providers I feel we should view each other as colleagues and always be willing to help one another no matter where we live or are from. Your business is your livelihood, you shouldn't sacrafice that for anyone ever!

Secondly, I hope you register here because there are a great group of supportive child care professionals here. If you are dead set on keeping your website private, there are ways to do this and still get traffic to your website. As far as your facebook page is concerned you control the comments on your wall. Although these providers are not your friends, they are dictating the choices you make with your day care, Only your friends and family should have the privilege of that kind of influence.

Please do what's best for you and yours
DaisyMamma 04:30 AM 08-10-2012
You need to say who cares what "they" think.
cheerfuldom 06:07 AM 08-10-2012
you cant live your life based on what someone else might do to you. Delete comments, block people....these are your online sites and you will be able to do that. Perhaps you might be surprised and these other providers not turn out as rude as you think. either way, you have to start advertising and get things going! thats way more important than worrying about who might do what.
Crazy8 06:08 AM 08-10-2012
launch your pages!!! don't worry about what they think. maybe they will follow and start their own pages too. who cares! don't worry about them, just do what is right for you and your business. And if they post nasty comments on your FB page you can delete the comments and ban them from the page. As the admin of the page you have that ability. Don't worry, just do it!!
countrymom 06:19 AM 08-10-2012
acually this would be the best thing for you. Advertise, get your name out there, maybe the other daycares are awful and parents really have no place to go so thats why they are stuck with them. I also live in a small town which I did not grow up in, and at first it was hard, but I made the start and went to the church, got involved in the sports team out here, I go for a walk every night so the neighbours know who I am, and .....I had a mom say to me, that because I've been here for so long, and still have my daycare running and people know me in the community she chose me, over the other one out here.

and hunny, we all need money, who cares what they say.
Blackcat31 08:46 AM 08-10-2012
You do what YOU need to do and stop worrying about what others think, feel or do.

I also want to add that your need to keep yourself so separate is probably not helping.

Why not at least register here and make some virtual daycare friends?

We can be supportive, helpful and understanding and virtual co-workers are better than isolation considering child care is a job that requires interaction with other people.
Happy Hearts 08:58 AM 08-10-2012
Be proud of who you are and what you do!!!

Who cares if you piss them off, and you most probably won't anyway. They have their own problems and you are probably not even on their radar anyway. You can "what if" yourself into poverty if you worry about what they will say or do to you. And, so what if they think you are hurting for money? Let them gossip to their hearts content if they want to, it's none of your business what they think of you.

ADVERTISE any way you can. Be bold!!! Does your town have a "Yourtown" free classifieds on Facebook? If not, start one and be the first one to advertise your daycare on it. Our free classifieds has over 3000 members (more than the circulation of our newspaper) and I post every week.

Good luck!
Unregistered 08:19 PM 08-10-2012
I am so shocked to to see my message here! Last night, when I posted it...I waited and waited and it never appeared...so I went to bed.
I can only log on in the evening...so I am so shocked to see "my" post and all these sweet replies!
I haven't even read all your opinions yet. But, I'm doing that as soon as I post this!
Thank All of you who replied to me!
Unregistered 08:53 PM 08-10-2012
YA'll made me cry a little!
I just went thru each and every response to my original post. :::HUGE SIGH:::
I don't know how to "quote" each persons response. Sorry for that. But, I have to tell you all , you all made me feel so much better. Thank you all for responding to my post!
Hate to "type and run" but real life is beggin...Be back later to respond more. But again, thank you all so much! All of you make make sense! I'll be back soon to comment more.
Michael 10:06 PM 08-10-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
YA'll made me cry a little!
I just went thru each and every response to my original post. :::HUGE SIGH:::
I don't know how to "quote" each persons response. Sorry for that. But, I have to tell you all , you all made me feel so much better. Thank you all for responding to my post!
Hate to "type and run" but real life is beggin...Be back later to respond more. But again, thank you all so much! All of you make make sense! I'll be back soon to comment more.
Another reason to register: Your posts will appear immediately. Unregistered posts will be moderated but registered member's posts will not.
Sprouts 10:04 PM 08-15-2012
Go for it! I just recently posted my flyers in a local breakfast joint, the advertisers there contacted me about putting my ad on their coffee mugs that will be used for the next 12 months! So anyone who drinks coffee will see my ad the whole time they are sitting there lol...please don't let fear or pride stop u from doing what I am sure u have worked so hard on. I am not from my town either and if u do find out they are talking negatively about and make stuff up that is not true it is called SLANDER and is illegal....like they can be sued. So just be as professional as u can be and "babies will come..." good luck
ChickenRowe 06:55 PM 08-16-2012
I'll BRB so I can update as a registered member
Michael 09:02 PM 08-16-2012
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I upgraded your status. You can post freely now.
ChickenRowe 09:35 PM 08-16-2012
First of all ..Thanks to everyone for your words of support.
My husband especially wanted me to thank you all because, I've been driving him crazy with all of this(I guess)....and he keeps correcting my spelling of you all and ya'all>I'm happy with ya'll...anyways...I'll try to spell correctly for him!
And here is my update....I did launch my website and my facebook page!
I have 9 "likes' on my facebook page. Ok...4 likes are from my kids and hubby....but, the others are from my current clients and I had 1 phone call that came from FB! That's at least something right?
My hours were not going to work for her family but she did say she saw my FB page and thats' why she called! So...maybe it will lead to more calls I hope!!!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my first post!
ALL of you are very kind and now that I'm registered I hope to make friends here and I will try to reply to posts that I can help someone too!
Again, Thanks to all!
ChickenRowe 10:09 PM 08-16-2012
my youngest daughter wanted me to tell you all (take note...I said "you all"....not ya'll) that SHE chose my forum "name" "ChickenRowe"...cuz I'm a chicken....first name Rosie...hence..."ChickenRowe":
o
Okay, whatever here I am
momofsix 04:44 AM 08-17-2012
Welcome to the forum!
Good for you for setting up your fb page and website. That's awesome!
(love your user name)
Michael 09:51 AM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by ChickenRowe:
my youngest daughter wanted me to tell you all (take note...I said "you all"....not ya'll) that SHE chose my forum "name" "ChickenRowe"...cuz I'm a chicken....first name Rosie...hence..."ChickenRowe":
o
Okay, whatever here I am
Updated your avatar. You can change it in your User CP section.
MarinaVanessa 10:03 AM 08-17-2012
I'm glad you decided to join, ever since I fund this forum I felt like I always had a plea to go if I ever had a problem. I had to take a break for a bit but I missed the forum so much that I think I went through withdrawals. Glad to have you here and hope you find the comfort here that I have.
DayCareDynasty 01:57 PM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by ChickenRowe:
First of all ..Thanks to everyone for your words of support.
My husband especially wanted me to thank you all because, I've been driving him crazy with all of this(I guess)....and he keeps correcting my spelling of you all and ya'all>I'm happy with ya'll...anyways...I'll try to spell correctly for him!
And here is my update....I did launch my website and my facebook page!
I have 9 "likes' on my facebook page. Ok...4 likes are from my kids and hubby....but, the others are from my current clients and I had 1 phone call that came from FB! That's at least something right?
My hours were not going to work for her family but she did say she saw my FB page and thats' why she called! So...maybe it will lead to more calls I hope!!!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my first post!
ALL of you are very kind and now that I'm registered I hope to make friends here and I will try to reply to posts that I can help someone too!
Again, Thanks to all!
Welcome ChickenRowe! Tell your daughter very cute name Dont let DH take your "Y'all" from you. I am from the south and Y'all will always be a part of my vocab, although I am sur-rounded with "you guys" here on the west coast

MarinaVanessa, Luv Your Sig
ChickenRowe 06:05 PM 08-17-2012
Hi Ya'll(hehehe) ,
Thanks to everyone here. Ya'll made me feel soooo much better. It kind of renewed my motivation. No new calls yet but 2 more "like" on FB, "Grandparents" which is cute that they even know what FB is.
Michael...feel free to close/lock this post if you need to...I plan on responding....posting to daily postings. I WILL figure out how to "quote" and resond to individual messages eventually. Right now...during the day..whenever I log on to my laptop..."some KIDS" take it over and insist on showing me random youtube videos of a kittens being....well...kittens....Drives me crazy!
"PLEASE GO BACK TO SCHOOL NOW" Do I mean my kids........ummm,yes...GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!

Thanks to everyone for the advice and nice welcome. I'll be posting more soon as September rolls around.
Tags:advertise, fear
Closed Thread Up