Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:28 AM
Unregistered

Question Change in Hours

I changed my closing time to 5:30 it was 6:00

What is a nice way to remind family's of this change and that it doesn't mean pick up at 5:30 it means all kids are gone by 5:30?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would do something short and sweet!

"Dear Families,

Just a friendly reminder that your child(ren) must be pick up prior to closing time at 5:30 PM.

Thank you!"
Old 08-03-2020, 09:10 AM
Lover of all things B&W

I usually like to say "signed out and off the property by..."
Old 08-03-2020, 01:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21 View Post
I usually like to say "signed out and off the property by..."
Definitely include something about being off the premises by closing time. I've had parents who leave the house then follow their child into the backyard to see something and let them play for a while before leaving.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I changed my closing time to 5:30 it was 6:00

What is a nice way to remind family's of this change and that it doesn't mean pick up at 5:30 it means all kids are gone by 5:30?

Thanks for your help.
I would say you close at 5:15pm to ensure everyone is gone by 5:30
Old 08-04-2020, 08:03 PM
Lover of all things B&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Teacher View Post
I would say you close at 5:15pm to ensure everyone is gone by 5:30
I think that can be a slippery slope. If you close at 5:15 but let parents meander, who's to say they will be gone by 5:30? I would just set a time and an expectation and stick to it, no wiggle room.

Tags
backbone, business management, enforcing policies - consistency, pick up policy, pick up times, provider responsibility