Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Had a bad day
grateday 06:58 PM 07-01-2015
A kid bit another child ( I have rules about that)
The older child is one of those stand your ground types (good but not with a 2 year old)
Another flushed a toy ( I have rules about potty rooms and potty time)
Another child pinch scratched that older child
Mom of the child that flushed the toy seems to question whether I saw the child flush something. A confession and standing in front of the toilet was not good enough. The child admitted and hugged me and apologized. I think I am more miffed at the mom for asking if I saw the child put something in the potty- Valid question but still non the less irritating. Would I have asked it, yeah maybe.

Well here is the thing .......the child just doesn't listen to me 75 percent of the time they are here. Something tells me either the mom is in protective mode, or denial. I am letting it go. It is the only child who just refuses to follow rules most of the time but the child is kind of at that rough age. I do love that kiddo though but not when they are ........
Thriftylady 07:25 PM 07-01-2015
Originally Posted by grateday:
A kid bit another child ( I have rules about that)
The older child is one of those stand your ground types (good but not with a 2 year old)
Another flushed a toy ( I have rules about potty rooms and potty time)
Another child pinch scratched that older child
Mom of the child that flushed the toy seems to question whether I saw the child flush something. A confession and standing in front of the toilet was not good enough. The child admitted and hugged me and apologized. I think I am more miffed at the mom for asking if I saw the child put something in the potty- Valid question but still non the less irritating. Would I have asked it, yeah maybe.

Well here is the thing .......the child just doesn't listen to me 75 percent of the time they are here. Something tells me either the mom is in protective mode, or denial. I am letting it go. It is the only child who just refuses to follow rules most of the time but the child is kind of at that rough age. I do love that kiddo though but not when they are ........
Start a journal. After a week or two or three, you will be able to point out to parent what happened. They can still deny, but you can decide if the child is costing you more than you are making.
AmyKidsCo 07:55 PM 07-01-2015

When it rains it pours, doesn't it?

I hope tomorrow is super-duper wonderful to make up for it!
Reply Up