Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Don’t Like This Woman
MamaBear 01:26 PM 11-10-2011
I have a 1 yr old boy I've been watching for about 9 months now. The baby is great and I have no problems with him... It's his insensitive mother that really ticked me off yesterday.

Basically I'm closed this Friday for Veterans Day. I do this every year - especially since my husband IS a Veteran and still active duty. I am also closed the week of Thanksgiving which I do EVERY year. And I also have one day scheduled closed when my husband is leaving for his deployment to Afghanistan early December.

This Thanksgiving is very special to us since he's leaving soon after and it's a VERY emotional day for me when he leaves for deployment, and for my 3 sons. So of course I'd close that day to see him off. All of my daycare parents have been super supportive and sweet and they all said "of course you need to close that day" with no questions asked...except this one mom.

Basically yesterday when the mom was picking up her son, she makes a comment about how she doesnt get Veterans day off work & how her other older son does not have Veterans day off OR the week of Thanksgiving off from his preschool center that he goes to. So she will have to take time off work to keep the baby home since I AM closed. She has known that I take these holidays of since forever, so it should be no big surprise. She then mumbled something about how frustrating it is.

REALLY???? I was sooo shocked how she was being so rude. It's not like I'm closing for no reasons. Shes from England and has this very know-it-all way about her. Anyway - I basically just said that sucks that she doesn't get holidays off like Veterans day and I told her that maybe she needs to find backup childcare so she doesn't have to miss work. I felt numb and couldn't think of what to say on the spot for some reason. I think I was too mad. She left and that was it. But all last night I was fuming at her insensitivity.

I dont expect her to give me sympathy that my husband is leaving for 7 months... but JUST DONT question the closures. Especially now. I'd like to see how she'd handle her husband being gone that long. She freaks out if her husband is gone for 2 freakin days!!!

I ended up going on the website for her other son's preschool and they ARE closed for Veterans day and they ARE closed the entire week of Thanksgiving too! And a week for Christmas!! So why would she even lie and say that to me - to try to make me feel bad or guilty for closing?!?!? It didnt make me feel bad, it just pissed me off (big time) that she would complain to me about it. Really?!?!

I'm going to say something to her today about how I found out that her other son's preschool IS closed tomorrow and for Thanksgiving week. Also how important these closure dates are for me. I am so on edge with her right now that if she says one thing negative about my husband deploying and me closing that I'm going to terminate her on the spot. Maybe I'm being super emotional, but this really upsets me. ARGHHH...

Okay.. I just needed to vent that. Sighhhhh....
Tags:days off, parent - with attitude, rude parents, veterans day
Up