Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent Evaluations of my Program
MarinaVanessa 09:15 AM 01-18-2011
Every year I have the parent's do an evaluation for my program so that I know what I'm doing well and what needs improvement. I have some questions that they rate on a scale of 1-5 and then I have two questions that asks them what they enjoy about my program and what could be improved.

I was curious to know how many of you did this and what your evaluation forms looked like. I'm thinking of re-doing mine because I think mine is so general. Any ideas?
DBug 10:02 AM 01-18-2011
I don't, but only because I'm afraid the parents might expect me to actually implement their suggestions . I'm curious as to what others do, though ...
lvt77 10:13 AM 01-18-2011
LOL I thought that same exact same thing. I have had some crazy request, like the mother that posted the craigs list ad for her 1yr old boy to learn to read....lol

I would be in it for the feed back, but afraid of the expectations to follow through with their request or sufgestions......
HOw do you deal with that part of it?
SunflowerMama 10:30 AM 01-18-2011
I just finished up my first year so what a great thing to start implementing!! Do you do it by email or a paper copy? Do you make them anon somehow (collect them in a shoebox with a slit )? What are some of the questions that are 1-5? I think I might work on one during nap.
SimpleMom 11:16 AM 01-18-2011
I do this as well. I ask about likes.improvements/curriculum, foods,etc. if it's doable I do it. if not then I don't (i.e. once there was a request for longer-later hours. nope, couldn't do that
SunflowerMama 11:20 AM 01-18-2011
I just created one online for free. Super easy...
http://freeonlinesurveys.com
MarinaVanessa 11:20 AM 01-18-2011
I do paper copies. I do this every year and then when a client leaves. I also ask them for a testimonial type letter when they leave. As for wacky or absurd suggestions I just mention them in my newsletter or talk to them in person so at least they feel that have been heard. for example I live in a two-story condo and so we have only 2 parking spots designated for my unit. Parking is limited especially when my fiance and BIL are home and parked in both spots. I had one DCM put in the sugestion portion to have more parking lol. Short of me moving there's no way of that happening but I talked to her and said that more parking would be great and that my next home would deffinetely have more parking.

I have them write their names on them so that I can use them as testimonials on my website and such when they say nice things. I can put a name to the quote but it's not necessary. Prospective clients can still look at them and read the good stuff and doubt that they'd care that there wasn't a name on it.

I wanted my new one have more essay style questions and less "on a scale of 1-5" questions. So far this is what I came up with. (I edited the format to be able to copy and paste it on here and have it all fit)

Child Care Evaluation Form

Child’s Name: _________________ Date of enrollment: ______________

Please answer the following questions:

Strong Good Needs Improvement

1.The day care provider shows my child one
on one attention and affection. 5 4 3 2 1
2.We are comfortable with the environment. 5 4 3 2 1
3.My child seems to be thriving well under
the day care provider’s care. 5 4 3 2 1
4.My child seems content and happy to be
with the day care provider. 5 4 3 2 1
5.The day care provider seems knowledgeable
about child care. 5 4 3 2 1
6.The day care provider is communicative. 5 4 3 2 1
7.My child is well taken care of at day care. 5 4 3 2 1
8.The day care provider is providing a safe
environment. 5 4 3 2 1

When you enter the day care do you feel welcome? Does your child feel welcome? If not, what can we do to make it feel more welcoming?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you feel like your child is in a safe environment? Is there anything that concerns you regarding safety?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you feel like the child care provider communicates with you effectively? If not, how can we improve our communication with you?

Please make any suggestions that you believe would help to improve the day care.

Please explain what you like about the day care provider and the day care services.

Thank you for taking the time to fill this evaluation out. It is important to me to know what you think about the day care and what areas need improvement.
SunflowerMama 11:43 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I do paper copies. I do this every year and then when a client leaves. I also ask them for a testimonial type letter when they leave. As for wacky or absurd suggestions I just mention them in my newsletter or talk to them in person so at least they feel that have been heard. for example I live in a two-story condo and so we have only 2 parking spots designated for my unit. Parking is limited especially when my fiance and BIL are home and parked in both spots. I had one DCM put in the sugestion portion to have more parking lol. Short of me moving there's no way of that happening but I talked to her and said that more parking would be great and that my next home would deffinetely have more parking.

I have them write their names on them so that I can use them as testimonials on my website and such when they say nice things. I can put a name to the quote but it's not necessary. Prospective clients can still look at them and read the good stuff and doubt that they'd care that there wasn't a name on it.

I wanted my new one have more essay style questions and less "on a scale of 1-5" questions. So far this is what I came up with. (I edited the format to be able to copy and paste it on here and have it all fit)

Child Care Evaluation Form

Child’s Name: _________________ Date of enrollment: ______________

Please answer the following questions:

Strong Good Needs Improvement

1.The day care provider shows my child one
on one attention and affection. 5 4 3 2 1
2.We are comfortable with the environment. 5 4 3 2 1
3.My child seems to be thriving well under
the day care provider’s care. 5 4 3 2 1
4.My child seems content and happy to be
with the day care provider. 5 4 3 2 1
5.The day care provider seems knowledgeable
about child care. 5 4 3 2 1
6.The day care provider is communicative. 5 4 3 2 1
7.My child is well taken care of at day care. 5 4 3 2 1
8.The day care provider is providing a safe
environment. 5 4 3 2 1

When you enter the day care do you feel welcome? Does your child feel welcome? If not, what can we do to make it feel more welcoming?

Do you feel like your child is in a safe environment? Is there anything that concerns you regarding safety?

Do you feel like the child care provider communicates with you effectively? If not, how can we improve our communication with you?

Please make any suggestions that you believe would help to improve the day care.

Please explain what you like about the day care provider and the day care services.

Thank you for taking the time to fill this evaluation out. It is important to me to know what you think about the day care and what areas need improvement.
That's a great evaulation! I found this one while searching and then just added a question about their satisfaction with the curriculum and the menu.

1.The day care provider shows my/our child one on one attention and
affection.
2. The day care provider’s home environment is one I/we are comfortable with.
3. My/our child seems to be thriving well under the day care provider’s care.
4. My/our child seems content and happy to be with the day care provider. 5. The day care provider seems knowledgeable about child-care.
6. The day care provider tells me/us about my/our child’s daily activities. 7. The day care provider is communicative with the parents/guardian.
8. My/our child is well taken care of by the day care provider.
9. I/we believe that the day care provider is working together with me/us to help provide my/our child a safe, healthy and happy childhood.
In the space below please clarify why you have any dissatisfaction with the day care provider’s services or environment. Also make any comments or suggestions that you believe would help to improvement your day care experience.

Please use the below area to briefly explain what it is that you most like about your provider and their day care services
Tags:assessment, assessment sample, evaluation, evaluation form, testimonial, testimonial sample
Reply Up