Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh God! It's Monday Again....
Soupyszoo 08:53 AM 03-05-2012
Monday's are the worst! Everyone is crying. Hope everyone is having a better day than we are having! Pleeeease let the hours fly by
Ariana 09:22 AM 03-05-2012
I'm having that kind of a morning too so know that you're not alone Hopefully after they all nap it'll be a smooth afternoon!!
Greenplasticwateringcans 09:24 AM 03-05-2012
I have one little guy (4.5) that treats every Monday like its his first day here. Retraining him weekly is exhausting. How can a child who has been with me for a year not remember to say please and thank you every Monday morning. Sheesh.
littlemissmuffet 09:25 AM 03-05-2012
My kids are being awesome.

My daycare parents on the other hand......
Soupyszoo 09:32 AM 03-05-2012
It's the same thing every Monday. I work all week to get in a routine and every Monday they come back "ruined"! It is very exhausting! Every week the same thing "wash, rinse, repeat!" lol the parents are the same way. I have to retrain them every week too! Good to know I'm not alone! Thanks guys
BigMama 09:44 AM 03-05-2012
I must be the odd man (ahem, woman) out because I LOVE Mondays! Sundays are my clean and organize day so everything is all tidy and neat for the children on Monday mornings. I miss the kids over the weekend and I love seeing how excited they are to see each other. I treat every week as a new beginning - a chance to have a great week and make our program even better.
MrsB 09:49 AM 03-05-2012
Today is pretty good. I love Mondays for the simple reason that my own 16 mos DD is back to her sweet self. On the weekends she is so grumpy and out of sorts because she doesnt have her friends to play with and I am so busy trying to get stuff done. I am so glad that she loves her friends so much!
Soupyszoo 10:01 AM 03-05-2012
I like Monday's for the reason that everything is organized and clean. But I have three under two. They don't really care if they see each other so no ones excited to see their friends all the babies are exhausted from their weekend of fun with the fam. They've all been literally attached to their parents for 48+ hours. Its like baby rehab every Monday. The addiction being... Being "attached" I will definately NEVER take on a child again who's family is attachment parents. Does anyone else have this problem with attachment parents and their kids?
countrymom 11:11 AM 03-05-2012
the crying today is crazy. I have 2, dcb 3.5 and dcg 3 begging for a nap at 10am. apparently no one naps on the weekends. the 2 babies crying and whining all morning, for which one child is really unusual, the other, well I come to expect it.
Soupyszoo 11:22 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
the crying today is crazy. I have 2, dcb 3.5 and dcg 3 begging for a nap at 10am. apparently no one naps on the weekends. the 2 babies crying and whining all morning, for which one child is really unusual, the other, well I come to expect it.
That sounds exactly like mine except one dcg is 6 months and the other dcb is 1.5yo. Both don't nap on the weekends, have no rules and co-sleep. They come here exhausted and refusing to sleep alone. It's frustrating!! They are here 55 hours a week... I hate when parents blame their bad habits on "just missing them so much while at work"
SunshineMama 11:35 AM 03-05-2012
Mondays stink for so many reasons! Lately, I have been trying to do a fun project on mondays with the kids, to give them something to look forward to, and to make the time pass a lot faster.

Today we made paper maiche (spelling) bowls. We will paint them tomorrow. Yes, it's messy, but it passed the time and they are all sleeping soundly now. It was kinda fun- I'm pretty stoked to decorate my bowl tomorrow lol!

Just 4 more hours...
countrymom 11:38 AM 03-05-2012
hmm, that sounds like fun, do you have a good recipe for the bowls.
Soupyszoo 11:40 AM 03-05-2012
I'd like to know how too!

I can't wait til the weather is nice everyday so I can kill time like that in the mornings outside! Fresh air always tires them out and makes them sleep good!
SunshineMama 11:45 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
hmm, that sounds like fun, do you have a good recipe for the bowls.
So easy!

Wrap a bowl in plastic wrap (I heard you can use petroleum jelly too). Have the kids cut strips of newspaper and paint them with water. Turn the bowls upside down, and have them place the wet strips over the backside of the bowl (you will probably have to help with the younger ones). Paint elmers glue over the first layer, and repeat, taking time to let partially dry inbetween every few layers.

Tomorrow I will take the paper maiche off, cut around the top to even it out, and smoothe it over with a few more strips of newspaper. When that dries, we will paint them.

You can also use magazine cut outs or tissue paper for your final layer, placing the glue on top as a glaze.

I will warn you that it is messy and that you will have to help them a lot- but its great scissor practice (cutting the strips), and they cant wait to paint them. I am debating whether or not to put a handle on top and save them for little easter baskets to take home, as part of a future project.
Soupyszoo 01:47 PM 03-05-2012
I really admire you ladies that take on big art projects with you dcks! Mine are all a little young still to enjoy art projects. I'm excited for that day tho! One thing I got for my kids is the little colorful beads that you put on the stencil and then iron to bond together and then make magnets out of! They love it! It's cheap and fun
SunshineMama 02:50 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Soupyszoo:
I really admire you ladies that take on big art projects with you dcks! Mine are all a little young still to enjoy art projects. I'm excited for that day tho! One thing I got for my kids is the little colorful beads that you put on the stencil and then iron to bond together and then make magnets out of! They love it! It's cheap and fun
Oh I love those beads! I took a weekend trip to Ikea and bought a HUGE canister of them for around $5.00. Love them!
Kaddidle Care 04:07 PM 03-05-2012
Insanity day for me. I'm normally a PreK Assistant but Teacher was out today. 7 Wild and Crazy Boys! And the full moon is in 3 days all!

Anyone care to join me in a virtual glass of Chateau de Cardboard?
countrymom 05:37 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Soupyszoo:
they are called perler beads, my older girls love them, omg you shouls see all the stuff you can do and make its crazy.
Kaddidle Care 06:39 PM 03-05-2012
They make wonderful mobiles too! We just went out in the yard and picked up a couple of nice sticks, added some jute, thread and voila! That's what I did with all the ones my son made - they are mostly bugs!

They are loads of fun but oh so frustrating when somebody bumps your arm on the way to the counter to iron them. They vacuum up well though.
Ariana 10:44 AM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by BigMama:
I must be the odd man (ahem, woman) out because I LOVE Mondays! Sundays are my clean and organize day so everything is all tidy and neat for the children on Monday mornings. I miss the kids over the weekend and I love seeing how excited they are to see each other. I treat every week as a new beginning - a chance to have a great week and make our program even better.
I'll have what she's having
Tags:mondays, re-training day
Reply Up