Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Really Hyper Kid - Handful
radhas 09:18 AM 08-08-2011
I just took one 5 years old boy last week, He is really handful. He is jumping all over the house and not following the rules and peeing all over the floor, not flushing. He broke already one dining chair, trying to break the railing of my stairs. I talked to his parents too. Not much response from them. Any ideas please. I am so scared.
Country Kids 09:25 AM 08-08-2011
Bye, bye little guy! Not the perfect fit for my childcare. Please do not let the income make you keep this child. He may run your other clients off. He is replaceable and not worth the financial risk to you!
wdmmom 09:31 AM 08-08-2011
Introductory period...You introduced him, he's not what you want for your group, you did your part.
cheerfuldom 09:38 AM 08-08-2011
If his parents have no response to breaking a chair, I think thats a good clue that he is out of control at home and you are on your own with this one. I would not keep a kid that was doing that and whose parents indicate that they have no ideas or support to curb his behavior.
radhas 10:27 AM 08-08-2011
Thank You all. Yes, parents do not have a clue to control him and there is not rules at home too. I told the parents that I will try for 2 more weeks and then if he is not improved atleast 10% he is out the daycare.
wdmmom 10:32 AM 08-08-2011
You're gutsier than I am! Breaking things, unruly and you're going to give him the week he's been there plus another 2 weeks?!
Kaddidle Care 10:43 AM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Bye, bye little guy! Not the perfect fit for my childcare. Please do not let the income make you keep this child. He may run your other clients off. He is replaceable and not worth the financial risk to you!
What she said! Just wait until he hits Public School - his parents will get a real wake up call then!
radhas 10:53 AM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
What she said! Just wait until he hits Public School - his parents will get a real wake up call then!
He is starting from next week. Hope they wake up.
Tags:behavior - effecting others, discipline - consistency, termination - behavioral
Reply Up