Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hacking Cough
dEHmom 06:01 AM 05-17-2012
It seems everyone here including dcks has been sick for 2 months. They are hacking up a lung one week, fine the next, after running around they start hacking again. Not much for runny noses but there is some. They sneeze and slime hangs out of the nose and we've gotta catch it.

Now fevers, and hacking cough again. My ds popped the blood vessels in his eye coughing a few weeks ago, my other ds getting nose bleeds (he always gets them when it's dry).

My DH got so frustrated this morning (while I was sleeping), he called my boys into the kitchen, and gave em each ADULT BUCKLEYS! Poor kids! I can't even take adult buckleys, I have to take the capsules because I cannot hold down the syrup.

Are you guys experiencing this too? I gave my boys children's buckleys last night, rubbed vicks on their feet chest and backs, and put the humidifier on, it was fairly peaceful until the medicine wore off.
littlemissmuffet 06:12 AM 05-17-2012
Similiar situation here. For the last 3 months or so one will be sick with coughing, fever, ear ache, etc... and it will slowly trickle down to each child and then recycle back through to the original child. One week everyone is sick and then the next everyone seems to be on the mend - by the following Monday someone always has a fever again. It's very exhausting... espeically because I am being infected too!
dEHmom 06:19 AM 05-17-2012
I don't know if the Dr's are seeing the kids at the wrong time so they aren't finding the cause, if they are getting RE-infected/sick again and again, or if it's the same thing that just settles down and flares back up. ALL the kids have different doctors, and they seem to only find the ear infection.

One kid broke out in a rash, after a week of amoxi cillin, but they don't know if it's the amoxi cillin, sun screen, bug bites, food allergy etc. At first mom was thinking measles! But doc confirmed not the measles. (weird, it bleeped out amoxi cillin when it was all one word)

Thank fully myself, my dh and my dd haven't gotten sick. I just feel bad for my boys because it's the constant cough where you can hear the foamy puke about to come up.
texascare 07:16 AM 05-17-2012
All my daycare kids have had it and here in Texas the Dr's are saying it is allergies that get out of control and get into the kids chest causing upper respitory infections. I have one here that coughs so hard all the time and found out she has really bad allergies and they have to give her breathing treatments. Of course the parnts say she never coughs at home it is always here...(ya w/e) But if they go 3 days with a cough I say go ser the Dr and get me a note.
quailsgarden 07:32 AM 05-17-2012
We have been hacking up a storm here too. I'm in BC. The kids and I actually made it almost a year with out getting a cold or the flu (we all did get hand foot and mouth back in the fall) and boom we all got sick twice with in the last month and a half! My husband actually got it the worst and his is exactly what texascare was talking about. A regular cold and allergies that got out of control now he has a really bad sinus infection.
dEHmom 07:49 AM 05-17-2012
It just seems like it's going on forever. I have a feeling because it is so dry outside, that it is causing it to be worse for the kiddos (dust irritating it)
Reply Up