Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Picture Day!
Pandaluver21 07:01 PM 10-19-2020
Do any of you do school pictures?
Do you hire a professional or do them yourself?
Do you have an order form?
Do you charge to print pictures?

In previous years I have done pictures that are just digital (sent in an app or on our facebook page) with ONE picture printed per year for Christmas. I am wanting to do school pictures twice a year, October and March and offer a few printed free but would need to charge if they are wanting several.
Blackcat31 07:35 PM 10-19-2020
I send pictures of the kids to parents randomly all the time and at Christmas we take one big organized group photo that each parent gets a copy in their Christmas card.

One year I took individual pictures of each kid wearing a Santa hat and holding a (faux) gift with a holiday background.

It was included in a handmade frame each kid made for their parent(s) for Christmas but other than that I’ve never done anything like school pics.
Michael 08:04 PM 10-19-2020
Here’s another thread on School Pictures: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75902
springv 12:12 PM 10-20-2020
We do fall pictures and graduation pictures. When we do fall pictures, we have a professional come and do them and they charge an x amount.
Annalee 12:26 PM 10-20-2020
I did individual & group pictures ONE TIME several years ago and that was enough; never again!

I do send pics to clients often and also display these pics in my daycare room.
nanglgrl 05:42 PM 10-20-2020
One of my first clients (whose child is a grown man with children of his own now) is now a photographer. She came a few years ago to take a group photo and individual photos around Christmas. I getting pricing now to see if it’s doable this year. I take photos periodically, usually fall, spring and around Christmas. The first two photos are the ones my ex-client took and the last one is a photo I took last week. I’ve also thought about asking parents if they want to order photos, editing and setting up takes so much time. If my ex-client comes back this year I’m going to give them the option of purchasing individual photos.
Attached: CA336C53-35B9-4FED-A91E-A9DB72E5E3EF.jpeg (96.8 KB) 6F324C80-D4C9-400A-B28E-B5690568CE66.jpeg (226.2 KB) CFAE9D50-E84B-44F7-83EE-F67CA6EC200A.jpeg (458.9 KB) 
Pandaluver21 08:49 PM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I send pictures of the kids to parents randomly all the time and at Christmas we take one big organized group photo that each parent gets a copy in their Christmas card.

One year I took individual pictures of each kid wearing a Santa hat and holding a (faux) gift with a holiday background.

It was included in a handmade frame each kid made for their parent(s) for Christmas but other than that I’ve never done anything like school pics.
That's basically what I do, but I offered Christmas photos one year and the families LOVED it. I am a preschool, so I think parents love the first "school photo"

Originally Posted by Michael:
Here’s another thread on School Pictures: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75902
Thank you, I searched it but couldn't find anything!

Originally Posted by springvalley112:
We do fall pictures and graduation pictures. When we do fall pictures, we have a professional come and do them and they charge an x amount.
Do you charge the parents a percentage of that price, or offer to print any pictures for them?

Originally Posted by Annalee:
I did individual & group pictures ONE TIME several years ago and that was enough; never again!

I do send pics to clients often and also display these pics in my daycare room.
I send pictures daily because I love taking them :P I have preschoolers, so I'm hoping it won't be as crazy as trying to get mixed ages to take a picture!

Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
One of my first clients (whose child is a grown man with children of his own now) is now a photographer. She came a few years ago to take a group photo and individual photos around Christmas. I getting pricing now to see if it’s doable this year. I take photos periodically, usually fall, spring and around Christmas. The first two photos are the ones my ex-client took and the last one is a photo I took last week. I’ve also thought about asking parents if they want to order photos, editing and setting up takes so much time. If my ex-client comes back this year I’m going to give them the option of purchasing individual photos.
I had a highschool friend offer to do pictures, but she wanted $300! I understand you have to make what your worth, but I love photography, so I'd rather do it myself than spend that much!

I always take pictures, but was wanting to offer specific prints to parents twice a year (plus a "freebie" at Christmas) I was thinking of offering a free options for one sheet of photos (any sizes as long as they fit on a 8x11) but to charge a small fee if they want more printed out. I don't really charge for anything throughout the year so it seems a little weird, but printing off that many pictures is a lot!
flying_babyb 07:23 PM 10-23-2020
I bought a fall and a spring background off of wish. I use a little poster tack and hang them on a wall. I use one of those multi head lamps to get the lighting right. Use whatever props are around (fall photos were done with a chair and fake leaves.). Looks great. I print off one copy for the family and most take them to walmart to copy
Tags:school pictures
Reply Up