Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is Wrong With My Son?
nannyde 06:49 AM 08-02-2011
So it's helaciously hot in Des Moines. One of my dc moms has her facebook profile set to a picture of a sign that says "Satan called. He wants his weather back".

That pretty much sums it up.

So I have a separate garage in the back of my house. I've been going out daily to check the freezers and it started to smell REALLY bad a couple of days ago. I couldn't figure out WHAT THE HECK that smell was until this morning.

This morning it was so bad it about knocked me out when I went out to fish around in there to see if some giant critter was dead and roasting in there.

I was poking around and see his fishing backpack. The closer I get to it the stronger the gagging smell is.

I took it outside and opened it up and there was a DEAD FISH decomposing skeletan and covered in bugs. I had to dump it out on the ground and take the hose to it. It was SO nasty.

Then when I get back in the house the dogs are on my leg and won't get off. After a few minutes of them having their snouts attached to my calves I realize that now "i" smell like the dead fish. I had just had a shower and put on clean clothes so I had to reshower and put on new clothes.

He went fishing four days ago and it's about 140 degrees in there so do the math.

He's so lucky he's in Phase Two of the "Swap a Mook" summer plan so he is on the other side of town at WDMMom's house spending the week.

I want to figure out some way to return the favor Any ideas?
Sugar Magnolia 06:55 AM 08-02-2011
One word: EWWWWWWW!
dEHmom 07:10 AM 08-02-2011
I'd bring the fish to his room, and plant it on his pillow.

ewwww
Zoe 07:13 AM 08-02-2011
Make him clean it up. Have him come back to the house, obviously don't wait until he's home from WDMMom's house!
sharlan 07:19 AM 08-02-2011
Oh, gross! I do not think there is anything you can do to pay him back.
MarinaVanessa 07:30 AM 08-02-2011
Switch out all of his action figure dolls with barbies and his clothes with anything pink and lilac.
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Switch out all of his action figure dolls with barbies and his clothes with anything pink and lilac.
Cute/funny idea!! I think you should also put pink flowery sheets on his bed too and pretty much make his room all girly! At his age he will be mortified!!
MarinaVanessa 07:47 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
make his room all girly! At his age he will be mortified!!
That's exactly what I was thinking .

On a side note I would like to say that it's nice that Nan is having herself an issue for once and asking US for help instead of the other way around. I don't know about any of you's but it's highly unusual and feels ... well a little wierd doesn't it? I was almost scared to add my ideas .
SandeeAR 07:49 AM 08-02-2011
Put a paper bag of dog poop under his bed. Change it out daily, so it remains smelling fresh! Do this for about a week like he did his fish!
dEHmom 07:54 AM 08-02-2011

On a side note I would like to say that it's nice that Nan is having herself an issue for once and asking US for help instead of the other way around. I don't know about any of you's but it's highly unusual and feels ... well a little wierd doesn't it? I was almost scared to add my ideas .
very funny!
cause I read the post, and it never occured to me that it was Nan. I saw her pic and was looking for the first page or the original post. hahahaha!!! i actually thought she was quoting someone else, but i couldn't find the post.

It is the first time i've ever seen Nan post something like this. She's usually the ones with all the ideas!
MyAngels 09:06 AM 08-02-2011
This reminds me of the time my kids filled plastic milk jugs with buckeyes and left them in their closet, where they fermented. Ick. I made them clean up the mess and deodorize their entire room, if I remember correctly.

Since you've already cleaned up this mess, maybe you could think of an icky job for him to do when he gets home. I'd pick cleaning out the outdoor trash cans, since I hate doing it and it tends to be a smellier job in the summer.
familyschoolcare 09:06 AM 08-02-2011
First of all let me say I understand you pain and frustration. That is something that my youngest son (step-son, so he does not live hear only visits) would do, he has done similar things. This is what I suggest. Since, he caused the garage to be soo!!! Smelly it needs to be scrubbed clean, a really deep scrubbing. I would make a list of what needs to be clean, scrubbed and disinfected. Make the list as long as possible. For example, one of things that needs to be cleaned is the freezer. However in order to clean the freezer you must take everything out of it and every time everything is out of the freezer is when the freezer needs to be moved and cleaned behind. (Besides maybe the smell has gotten back there) You get the idea.

He made a smelly he cleans it up. The extra work is for your having to put up with it. Oh and all the work must be done and approved as clean by you before he can do anything other than eat and sleep. You might want to implement the first check is free rule I have. basically when one of the children needs to have something approved as clean by me the first check is free, (so if it is clean on the first check no big deal) If however, I have to waist my time and check it a second time even though I clearly outlined what needed to be done then that child owes me another chore. (my youngest is 12 we use extra chores as discipline a lot) Every time until the work is done. Also, if during the process of checking the work the child should deiced to yell or interrupt me (having something to say if fine if you do not interrupt) then I stop talking and the child may not hear everything that I thought was not completed for that chore. (took my daughter 15 yes 15 extra chore to figure out I was serious)

Good luck
familyschoolcare 09:08 AM 08-02-2011
Oh by the way thank you for the laugh
Stacy214 09:25 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by joynerportia@yahoo:
First of all let me say I understand you pain and frustration. That is something that my youngest son (step-son, so he does not live hear only visits) would do, he has done similar things. This is what I suggest. Since, he caused the garage to be soo!!! Smelly it needs to be scrubbed clean, a really deep scrubbing. I would make a list of what needs to be clean, scrubbed and disinfected. Make the list as long as possible. For example, one of things that needs to be cleaned is the freezer. However in order to clean the freezer you must take everything out of it and every time everything is out of the freezer is when the freezer needs to be moved and cleaned behind. (Besides maybe the smell has gotten back there) You get the idea.

He made a smelly he cleans it up. The extra work is for your having to put up with it. Oh and all the work must be done and approved as clean by you before he can do anything other than eat and sleep. You might want to implement the first check is free rule I have. basically when one of the children needs to have something approved as clean by me the first check is free, (so if it is clean on the first check no big deal) If however, I have to waist my time and check it a second time even though I clearly outlined what needed to be done then that child owes me another chore. (my youngest is 12 we use extra chores as discipline a lot) Every time until the work is done. Also, if during the process of checking the work the child should deiced to yell or interrupt me (having something to say if fine if you do not interrupt) then I stop talking and the child may not hear everything that I thought was not completed for that chore. (took my daughter 15 yes 15 extra chore to figure out I was serious)

Good luck
oh boys...reminds me that I once washed a pair of my son's jeans with a lizard in the pocket..bleh
Meyou 09:33 AM 08-02-2011
Oh wow. My 7 year old was playing with a dead fish outside this weekend at the cottage and I thought that was bad. Ewwwwwwwwww!
youretooloud 09:48 AM 08-02-2011
I would spill something VERY girly in his room.
daycare 10:06 AM 08-02-2011
when I was a teen, my older sister would always go out of her way to tell on me. No matter what it was. So I decided to get her back by taking an onion and i put it under her bed. I did it while she was gone for a few days at my grandparents house. So when she got back, her entire room smelled horrific...

I thought well, if I am going to get into trouble, I might as well do something...

I have a similar story to your son's.
When my 15.5 year old was about 5, he went fishing for the first time with my granddad. He caught a very small fish and was told that he would have to put it back in the lake. My son decided to instead hide it in his pants pocket. Days went by and I could not understand where the smell was coming from. One day I was doing laundry and i took the clothes out of the washer and tiny fish bones were all over the washer and all over the clothes.... I threw up....
Childminder 11:44 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by :
When my 15.5 year old was about 5, he went fishing for the first time with my granddad. He caught a very small fish and was told that he would have to put it back in the lake. My son decided to instead hide it in his pants pocket. Days went by and I could not understand where the smell was coming from. One day I was doing laundry and i took the clothes out of the washer and tiny fish bones were all over the washer and all over the clothes.... I threw up....
I found dried worms in my dryer once.
daycare 12:10 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
eeeww boys gotta love them!!
Country Kids 12:59 PM 08-02-2011
I actually found a lizard ALIVE in my washer when I was taking the clothes out to put in the dryer. My husband was three houses down the street and heard me scream. Needless to say him and the neighbor came running and really didn't know what to do or say when they heard the story!
kidkair 01:04 PM 08-02-2011

That's cause Nannyde can do anything with small kids and their parents but she can't stand schoolagers!

Originally Posted by joynerportia@yahoo:
Oh by the way thank you for the laugh
100% agree!

Nan: I would make him do so many chores he wouldn't have time to play for a few days. He'd be cleaning the garage top to bottom, then the basement, bathrooms, closets, etc. I would also have him go through all his toys and clothes and donate a bunch. My mom once make my sister pile all the toys she was willing to donate on the bed and then made her pick two more as a punishment though I can't remember what my sister did. It worked better than being grounded off tv and confined to the house though.
sharlan 01:06 PM 08-02-2011
There is a reason why God only gave me daughters.

The worst I've had in my washer was a rat. I shut the lid and asked my sil to get it out.

One day after putting one of my daycare kids down for a nap, in my daughter's bed, my daughter found 20 rolly polly bugs crawling around in her bed. She was not too happy to find more in the little one's pockets.
familyschoolcare 02:47 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Stacy214:
oh boys...reminds me that I once washed a pair of my son's jeans with a lizard in the pocket..bleh
mean their done that
familyschoolcare 02:49 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
mean their done that too
familyschoolcare 02:49 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I actually found a lizard ALIVE in my washer when I was taking the clothes out to put in the dryer. My husband was three houses down the street and heard me scream. Needless to say him and the neighbor came running and really didn't know what to do or say when they heard the story!
I found one in my kitchen once. My boys are very active out door people and it does not help that hubby is to.
familyschoolcare 02:51 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
There is a reason why God only gave me daughters.

yah God only gave me one girl because sometimes that is too much drama an demotions for me as it is
sharlan 04:19 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
when I was a teen, my older sister would always go out of her way to tell on me. No matter what it was. So I decided to get her back by taking an onion and i put it under her bed. I did it while she was gone for a few days at my grandparents house. So when she got back, her entire room smelled horrific...

I thought well, if I am going to get into trouble, I might as well do something...

I have a similar story to your son's.
The cat peed in my granddaughter's bedroom. I cleaned the carpet and sprayed Febreeze on it. A couple of days later, her room really reeked. Her friend from school had told her to put a cut onion under her bed and it would take away the smell from the cat. Needless to say, we were not happy about the rotting onion under her bed.
Cat Herder 05:04 PM 08-02-2011
Skunk flavored jelly beans??????????????

http://www.jellybelly.com/ShoP/Produ...roductID=98678

Creepy Cricket snacks????

http://www.hotlix.com/insects_candy/crickettes.html

I had fun with these over Halloween.... I LIVE for Halloween....
sharlan 05:06 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Skunk flavored jelly beans??????????????

http://www.jellybelly.com/ShoP/Produ...roductID=98678

I had fun with these over Halloween....
Didn't they use to have some Harry Potter jelly beans that tasted like snot, dirt, etc?
Cat Herder 05:09 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Didn't they use to have some Harry Potter jelly beans that tasted like snot, dirt, etc?
Yeah...Berti Botts.

The kids are on to those though....

You gotta play sneaky...
Attached: jelly belly.jpg (82.2 KB) 
countrymom 05:18 PM 08-02-2011
I can top your story. when dh and I living together before we got married, he went fishing with his buddies. So they caught some fish but were also drunk. So they come home (I'm working 2 jobs that day) and decide to cook the fish, so dh uses eggs and flour. Instead of throwing the flour out, he puts it back in the bag. So about 2 weeks later, I notice these weird bugs, and i mean they were even in the kraft dinner box which we all know is pretty sealed. So I go hunting, and find the bag of flour, omg you should have seen what was in the bag, omg gag. Lets just say, 15yrs later I still remind dh what he did.
familyschoolcare 06:36 PM 08-02-2011
Nannyde,

Did you decide how to "pay" your son back?
nannyde 05:37 AM 08-03-2011
Thanks all you ladies for your words of wisdom.

I'm still plotting REVENGE. I'll keep you posted.
dEHmom 06:06 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Yeah...Berti Botts.

The kids are on to those though....

You gotta play sneaky...
so do the baby wipes taste like they have been used or are they fresh? lol
Cat Herder 06:41 AM 08-03-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
so do the baby wipes taste like they have been used or are they fresh? lol
I don't know....

I got lucky and picked coconut...
Tags:boys, funny, gag gifts, gross topic, pranks