Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Temporary DCF woes
TheGoodLife 08:35 PM 04-15-2013
So my #1 family that I interviewed a week or two ago has decided to enroll their kids... until June when another DC opens : ( They started today (I am charging them drop-in rates, so am getting $35 extra a week) and it was such a great day! The boy was crying at PU that he didn't want to leave. I know it's bad, because I'm sure I'll be disappointed, but I'm really hoping that maybe they will decide they like it here and just stay on FT. (Mom was talking about how the DCB is all out-of-whack lately due to all the changes with moving and such) I plan to try to ask where they're going and why, if I can bring it up in a natural, positive way.
On another positive note, I had a GREAT interview for a PT family and another good one for a FT family- both not needing care until June when my temporary family would be gone.
momofboys 05:39 AM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
So my #1 family that I interviewed a week or two ago has decided to enroll their kids... until June when another DC opens : ( They started today (I am charging them drop-in rates, so am getting $35 extra a week) and it was such a great day! The boy was crying at PU that he didn't want to leave. I know it's bad, because I'm sure I'll be disappointed, but I'm really hoping that maybe they will decide they like it here and just stay on FT. (Mom was talking about how the DCB is all out-of-whack lately due to all the changes with moving and such) I plan to try to ask where they're going and why, if I can bring it up in a natural, positive way.
On another positive note, I had a GREAT interview for a PT family and another good one for a FT family- both not needing care until June when my temporary family would be gone.
So are you okay with taking on a family who is just going to go elsewhere, I mean you take the time/patience to work with the family, get to know the kids & then poof they are gone? I would ask why they wanted to go to the other DC & if anything could change their minds. It sounds like you have a good plan though if someone needs their spot when they do leave.
TheGoodLife 07:44 AM 04-16-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
So are you okay with taking on a family who is just going to go elsewhere, I mean you take the time/patience to work with the family, get to know the kids & then poof they are gone? I would ask why they wanted to go to the other DC & if anything could change their minds. It sounds like you have a good plan though if someone needs their spot when they do leave.
I didn't think I wanted to stress with short-term so I gave them an outlandishly high weekly rate, thinking they wouldn't want to pay that much (I have been subbing 2 days a week, so I gave them the same as I made those 2 days subbing) Well, they said OK and I decided to do it, but I decreased my term notice in their contract so I only need 1 week's notice in case I get a permanent family. Well, it's only day #2 but things couldn't be better! I have a few good potential families that interviewed that would not need care until this family is gone, but I do plan to approach mom to see if she'd be interested in keeping them here. And if not, at least I am getting paid well for now! But I will definitely miss them if/when they leave!
Reply Up