Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:03 AM

Default 2015 Daycare Resolutions

Do you have any resolutions for your daycare in 2015? Share them!

I resolve to...
~ actually keep the accounting better (HA yeah right)
~ Redo the playroom by the end of the year (new carpet, new paint, new blinds and curtains, new shelving, the works!)
Old 01-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

My plan for 2015 is to term the 2 family that give me constant headache and make this job wonderful again .
Old 01-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Oh boy. Resolutions. Seems like the more I make, the more I break.
My first goal of 2015 is to apply for my 4th STAR. I'm hoping it'll happen by late spring.
I would also really really like to implement some kind of curriculum or theme program. Every time I read what some of you providers do here, I feel inadequate because all we do is play. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe play is what they should be doing but I give little direction. I tell myself I'm staying flexible but in reality, it feels more haphazard-like to me.
I also want to create a time board for our wall so kids(and parents) can see what comes next.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:45 AM

My resolution for 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I promised I would in 2012 when I planned them in 2011.

Saw that ^^^ on the internet and thought is was 100% appropriate AND funny so I'm going with that as my 2015 resolution.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
My resolution for 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I promised I would in 2012 when I planned them in 2011.

Saw that ^^^ on the internet and thought is was 100% appropriate AND funny so I'm going with that as my 2015 resolution.
Absolutely accurate! That's why I don't really do resolutions but, it's nice to "have" them, I guess. I hope everyone sticks to theirs and actually resolves!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

HAHA BC, ain't it the truth!!!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post

Love this!!!

Mine are to de clutter. I started yesterday and felt so much better!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Re-organize and re-fresh the studio.

Find an "older" (K-2nd) child to join my home-schooled daughter by fall.

Organize the mess of stored toys in the basement and shed.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

I am going to see my loved ones more. I'm going to help others more and do all I can to never lose moments I can't get back.

In 2014 I lost 9, yes 9 friends or family members combined. 2 of them murdered. So in 2015 I want to have no regrets.

I lost my cousin Monday who was my best friend growing up, he still lives in my home country. We had a falling out last year and we didn't visit or talk to each other this past year. I never got to say I'm sorry.

So love more live more and no regrets for 2015
Old 01-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Daycare.com Member

Daycare, your post made me want to cry. Your resolutions are something we should all strive for.
May you find peace in your heart.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

Just finished my January newsletter and in my "thoughts for the month" section asked all to consider making a resolution to "stop complaining about the troubles we DO have and to be more thankful for the troubles we DON'T have". I saw a quote on pinterest that asked to go without complaining not even once for 24 hours and see how much different things might become.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:53 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Daycare-wow. Just .

As for me is the only thing that pops into my head is building a raised bed garden in the backyard play area so I can do gardening with the kids inside the fenced yard.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

Aww, Daycare My daycare resolution is to not be held hostage by money, and let people go if it isn't working. Sometimes we put up with things that aren't acceptable just because we need the money, and it isn't fair to ourselves! Also, now that I have my core group, I resolve to do more of the teaching aspect that I love: themes, math, science. Now that I'm not changing diapers round the clock, I can get back to what I love: teaching
Old 01-02-2015, 08:34 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

I didn't mean to be so serious, it's just what my life is at the moment.

I didn't have dry eyes writing it, but it's something I have to do.

I painted a sign this past weekend for my office it says stop and smell the roses....................

I love a lot of your goals, awesome!!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Daycare.com Member

I want to be better at working hard during daycare hours to get menus planned, crafts organized etc so I don't do any of it during fmaily time. It means during down time I won't get to read a book (nap time) or check facebook (snack time) but I think it will help me feel better about the mom and wife I am off the clock.

Cheers to 2015

Tags
new years resolutions