Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Do a MDO Program During the Year?
SunflowerMama 07:25 AM 07-30-2010
I will be licensed next Tuesday which will be increasing my ratio. Yay!!

I'm thinking about maybe starting a Mother's Day Out program, in addition to my full childcare, from 9a - 11a a few days a week. I would then just incorporate those kiddos into the curriculum with my regular dcks.

Does anyone do this?? What are your days/hours and how much do you charge?

I did a quick search on old threads but couldn't find much.

Thanks!! Happy Friday!!
momofboys 10:08 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:

I'm thinking about maybe starting a Mother's Day Out program, in addition to my full childcare, from 9a - 11a a few days a week. I would then just incorporate those kiddos into the curriculum with my regular dcks.

Thanks!! Happy Friday!!
I don't but I think I may try! I will only have 2 kids other than my own toddler during the fall so I could handle 2-3 more for a couple hours! Good idea! I'd probably charge $10-15 for 2 1/2 hrs. Too much? Too little? I have no clue!!
momofboys 10:32 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:

Thanks!! Happy Friday!!
Thanks for the inspiration! I just posted this ad on Craigslist:

Moms & Dads, do you need a break to run errands, catch up on cleaning or just time to sit and relax?

Starting this fall I plan to begin a Mom's Morning Out. I am flexible with the day of the week that it is (Mon-Tues-Thurs or Fri). I care for two children during the week full-time so I would have availability in my program for 2 or 3 additional children to participate.

I will offer your child:

- A smoke-free home
- Healthy snacks for your child (lunch if staying all day)
-Provider who has a clear background/fingerprint record for your review
-References for you to contact
-Available for all ages 3 months - 6 years

During your time away we will have some structured activities (crafts, baking projects, painting, science experiments, etc). In addition every morning we have storytime & we play outdoors weather permitting. We have a large backyard with sandbox & swingset. Sometimes to be a better parent we all need to take care of ourselves first. After you feel refreshed with some time for yourselves you can better enjoy the time you spend with your kids. Please contact me with any questions!

Mom's Morning Out Timeframes & Pricing:

9:00 am - 11:30 am - $15/child*

or

Mom's Day Out: 9:00 am - 2:30 pm - $22.00/child*

* Discount offered for more than one child
SunflowerMama 11:13 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by janarae:

Moms & Dads, do you need a break to run errands, catch up on cleaning or just time to sit and relax?

Starting this fall I plan to begin a Mom's Morning Out. I am flexible with the day of the week that it is (Mon-Tues-Thurs or Fri). I care for two children during the week full-time so I would have availability in my program for 2 or 3 additional children to participate.

I will offer your child:

- A smoke-free home

During your time away we will have some structured activities (crafts, baking projects, painting, science experiments, etc). In addition every morning we have storytime & we play outdoors weather permitting. We have a large backyard with sandbox & swingset. Sometimes to be a better parent we all need to take care of ourselves first. After you feel refreshed with some time for yourselves you can better enjoy the time you spend with your kids. Please contact me with any questions!

or

That's a great ad! I think I may do something similar but just stick with mornings. I was looking on CL around my area and found another provider who does MDO twice a week from 8:30a - 12:30p and charges either $30 for one day or $50/week.
DWTC 01:01 PM 07-30-2010

I will offer your child:

- A smoke-free home

or

I think it is a great idea too, I would just make sure that the day out price agrees with your normal prices for part-time daycare. $22.00 seems low for a part-time day price.
Francine 01:10 PM 07-30-2010
This is a wonderful idea? How would you handle paperwork, would you just get the basic information? Would you have them fill out all of the "state required" paperwork?

I only have three kids right now one of the being part time, if I don't have any more before fall I am really thinking about doing this. Great Idea!
momofboys 02:45 PM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by DWTC:
I think it is a great idea too, I would just make sure that the day out price agrees with your normal prices for part-time daycare. $22.00 seems low for a part-time day price.
I'm in the midwest (Ohio) so actually for my area the price is slightly high for part-time. My full day rate is $22.50. Most providers in my area charge anywhere from $15-30/day for a full day of care. I was actually concerned that I priced it too high for 5 1/2 hrs of care. I'm guessing no one will call me about it though. But who knows, I thought it was worth a shot! :-)
DWTC 05:46 PM 07-30-2010
I'm in the midwest (Ohio) so actually for my area the price is slightly high for part-time. My full day rate is $22.50. Most providers in my area charge anywhere from $15-30/day for a full day of care. I was actually concerned that I priced it too high for 5 1/2 hrs of care. I'm guessing no one will call me about it though. But who knows, I thought it was worth a shot! :-)
Then I think it is good, just have to make it's consistant because if they want to go full-time you don't want them to be surprised and you also shouldn't sell yourself short in case the child ends up in your care 3 days out of the week!!
SunflowerMama 03:14 AM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Joy:
This is a wonderful idea? How would you handle paperwork, would you just get the basic information? Would you have them fill out all of the "state required" paperwork?

I only have three kids right now one of the being part time, if I don't have any more before fall I am really thinking about doing this. Great Idea!
I'm definitely going to have them fill out all the essential paperwork as if they were enrolling full-time.

I posted a CL ad yesterday and added info to my website. I decided on Tues and Thurs from 9a - 11:30a for $15/day per child. Now comes the wait to see if anyone is interested .
Crystal 07:03 AM 08-02-2010
I do this, but it I for a preschool program. 9-12 every day. I currently have four children on this schedule. I charge $25 per day with a two day minimum (tues and thurs. or any combo of mon/wed/fri) or they can have five days for $100.

I love the schedule, four kids leave at noon, then it's naptime, then the schoolagers arrive. So I am ALMOST making double the money as I would for 1 child.
Tags:mdo, mother's day out
Reply Up