Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The accident prone days
Jo123ABC 11:56 AM 05-25-2018
Do any of you have days when everyone seriously seems accident prone?! This occasionally happens to me and I get so stressed I want to close for the day! Or quit!

About 2 weeks ago I had one dcb 2.5y) face-plant while tripping out of my garage. He was falling all over that day! I was constantly cringing! His mom said "oh he's been falling a lot. Scheduled a chiro appointment for the next day (he was less clumsy after!) Anyway, same day my 20 month old face planted it on the patio then they all kept asking to slide... I was like "nope!" Today is a no side day.

Now today so far:
1 (the sometimes clumsy 2 y dcb) slow-mo fell face first from the recliner he was casually sitting on. No tears just hopped up and played but 15 min later I noticed a big bump

My 3 year old randomly threw a spyglass toy (not aiming...but still! Why!?) that hit another in the forehead so that 5 y old now has a big bump and small split on his hairline.

Ughhhhh! Is the day over yet!? I feel terrible when kids get hurt. Everyone is getting helmets and hockey pads for Christmas
BumbleBee 12:06 PM 05-25-2018
Walking through the cafeteria yesterday I was so focused on keeping the 2.5 yr old from running into the table corners (major 'look behind instead of ahead' kid) that I accidentally walked the 2 yr old, on my other side, right into a table corner.

She showed up with a black eye today.

So basically, don't feel bad! At least yours are injuring themselves instead of having help like mine did!
Homebody 12:25 PM 05-25-2018
A couple weeks ago 2 year old girl tripped and fell and split her lip open....blood everywhere. Later on that day another 2 year old boy ran up to the window to see a fly (he's obsessed with them) and tripped and hit his chin on windowsill and split it open...blood everywhere. The next day same 2 year old boy fell off ride on toy and ended up with a bump on his head. Luckily his mom is very understanding.
DaveA 12:31 PM 05-25-2018
I had one little boy I swore lived by the motto "Eyes closed and full speed ahead". Almost always had a mark somewhere. His family got pictures done yearly and 3 years in a row he had a visible facial injury.
Blackcat31 01:05 PM 05-25-2018
I guess I am way too paranoid because I don't want the kids getting hurt.

I don't allow shoes that aren't well fitting athletic shoes.
I don't allow them to play on concrete surfaces unless they are using the sidewalk chalk (and then only if sitting).
Kids are taught from Day #1 to never throw ANYTHING in my house and I have NO furniture so they can't fall off of or onto any of them.
I also kinda don't allow any type of play that is done while standing (there are a few exceptions).

I don't do any of that because I think kids shouldn't fall down or get hurt or have bruises, cuts, scrapes and scabs but because I just don't want them to get any of those things on my watch.

I'm sorry your kids have been so accident prone... hopefully all your parents are understanding.
Josiegirl 02:58 AM 05-26-2018
YES! What is it with that anyways?? Makes me feel like the worst provider in the world, like I was sleeping through the whole day. Or if not bruises for all, it's 1 child who falls multiple times or is extra clumsy 1 day. And right now I have a set of sisters who dcm says must take after their dad with their clumsiness. Thank heavens dcm understands.
And this is 1 reason I've been hesitant to replace my living room carpet with hard flooring.
Tags:accidents, getting hurt
Reply Up