Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oooh, I Am Hopping Mad!
KIDZRMYBIZ 06:58 AM 10-30-2013
A woman I used to provide care for is now doing childcare. She left unfavorably when I let her know in no uncertain terms that I would not tolerate any more disrespectful and snippy comments - especially in front of my other clients. I just learned from a mutual friend that she was badmouthing me and the way I run my business! This woman is quite off-kilter, and her own personal history speaks volumes over anything she can say about anyone else, but I am SO MAD!

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moppetland 07:06 AM 10-30-2013
This is the way I see things. If she was disrespecting you, she will disrespect her clients. She will probably be open for a short time, or be open with hardly any business. We can't control what others say about us. They are just making themselves look bad. How would she like it if you would tell all her clients about her ways with you when you were providing care for her child? But I know you're above that. Don't let her steal your joy. Continue to do your business the way you do it. She's just upset because you wouldn't allow her to disrespect you. You had a right to term your services to her. I would do it in a heart beat too.
So, give yourself time to calm down, and do you. You'll realize that she wasn't even significant in your life anyway.
blessed mom 07:07 AM 10-30-2013
That would make me mad too. We have a neighbor that bad mouths us and my day care all the time just because...well I don't know why. She's unhappy and needs to make happy people miserable? I don't know! I would just continue to market as you can with positive comments about your program. I think most parents will see through her. I wouldn't think too highly of someone bad mouthing another person like that. I have had plenty of reason to do that to my neighbor but I refrain. It's called maturity but some people still act like they are in high school.
KIDZRMYBIZ 07:21 AM 10-30-2013
Thank you to both of you. Thank heavens for this forum where we can vent and hear just exactly what we need to hear.

You're both right, of course. I always take the high road, and I think that is what bothers people like her the most - they can't seem to get a rise out of me (although I am seething on the inside!). And yes, she will only hurt herself by speaking ill of someone else.

I didn't term her, though I knew that she would leave when I called her out. I spoke calmly to her like she was a child about respect and what my expectations of her were. She stewed in her car for about 15 min, then came back in for her child and his belongings and never came back. The boy was an angel, but I was happy to be rid of her.
Josiegirl 11:11 AM 10-30-2013
I highly doubt she'll last long. You have to want to be with kids, love kids, have patience, and treat them with respect(along with their parents!). Just wait till something doesn't go her way or a dcp gets snippity with her, she'll most likely revert to how she was with you and blow the whole facade.
My3cents 11:25 AM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
A woman I used to provide care for is now doing childcare. She left unfavorably when I let her know in no uncertain terms that I would not tolerate any more disrespectful and snippy comments - especially in front of my other clients. I just learned from a mutual friend that she was badmouthing me and the way I run my business! This woman is quite off-kilter, and her own personal history speaks volumes over anything she can say about anyone else, but I am SO MAD!

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let it go! Worry about your program- If you hear something nasty correct the person briefly right there and then.

Best-
My3cents 11:26 AM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by Moppetland:
This is the way I see things. If she was disrespecting you, she will disrespect her clients. She will probably be open for a short time, or be open with hardly any business. We can't control what others say about us. They are just making themselves look bad. How would she like it if you would tell all her clients about her ways with you when you were providing care for her child? But I know you're above that. Don't let her steal your joy. Continue to do your business the way you do it. She's just upset because you wouldn't allow her to disrespect you. You had a right to term your services to her. I would do it in a heart beat too.
So, give yourself time to calm down, and do you. You'll realize that she wasn't even significant in your life anyway.

e.j. 03:22 PM 10-30-2013
I agree with all of the other replies.

I also wanted to add that one of my best clients came to me because another provider was badmouthing clients and other providers. She was all set to enroll in that center and decided she didn't want her child to be watched by someone who would do that kind of thing. People will catch on to her - and karma will catch up to her - soon enough.
coolconfidentme 03:49 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I agree with all of the other replies.

I also wanted to add that one of my best clients came to me because another provider was badmouthing clients and other providers. She was all set to enroll in that center and decided she didn't want her child to be watched by someone who would do that kind of thing. People will catch on to her - and karma will catch up to her - soon enough.
What she said...
Tags:client - starting daycare, competition, friend - competing daycare
Reply Up