Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Invoices
AmyKidsCo 01:12 PM 01-18-2016
If you send invoices to the parents, when do you send them?

I do monthly invoices. Payments are due Thursdays so I've been sending out the invoices the 3rd Thursday of the month - 1 week before monthly payments are due.

Does that seem like a good time frame? I don't want it so early they forget, or too late they're caught off guard.
Thriftylady 01:22 PM 01-18-2016
I only do invoices if the tuition is different for some reason. Such as if a SA child has been there on a day school was out.
snbauser 01:25 PM 01-18-2016
That's about the timeframe I do. I do monthly as well and I send invoices because most of my parents work for the school system and get paid on the 25th. So invoices are always from the Friday after the 25th through payments due the Friday before the next months 25th. The number of weeks can vary. My payments are due on Friday. I typically send mine home the Monday prior.
Blackcat31 02:08 PM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
If you send invoices to the parents, when do you send them?

I do monthly invoices. Payments are due Thursdays so I've been sending out the invoices the 3rd Thursday of the month - 1 week before monthly payments are due.

Does that seem like a good time frame? I don't want it so early they forget, or too late they're caught off guard.
I used to send the out (or initiate them via MMK) on Tuesdays so that parents had them and could pay by Friday but now I don't send invoices at all anymore since each family pays the same amount each week (some weekly and some bi-weekly) but since there is no question about amount any longer, I just stopped sending them.
daycare 02:12 PM 01-18-2016
I have tons of parents who need them for their HR dept to be able to use flex pay.

I send them out the 15th of each month and don't worry about reminding them. Our payments are due monthly on the last Friday of the month unless we are closed that day for any reason then I will send reminders.
AmyKidsCo 08:54 PM 01-19-2016
Thanks for the input!

I just started sending them in September and so far the invoices themselves act as a reminder.

And since I have different rates by age and raise rates every fall it's helpful when a child's rates change because parents know how much to pay.
Reply Up