Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Safe Lighting
theycallmetaytor 09:45 AM 05-18-2015
I need suggestions for child safe lighting. Moving soon and the space for my daycare isn't lit very brightly. Help?
Baby Beluga 10:12 AM 05-18-2015
Are you able to install lights in the ceiling? That would be my fist choice if possible.
cara041083 10:18 AM 05-18-2015
I got the lights that have a really long cord and then you hang them from a hook in the corner of the room (its a hanging lamp with a lamp shade and everything). Then they sell these things at home depot that are kind of like a square pvc tubs that are flat and stick to the wall but open so it holds all the cords together in the tube. I ran it down my wall to hold the cord so it isn't exposed to the kids and ran it all the way down the wall and along the trim to the plug in. Then I painted it the same color as my wall. You can't see the holder or the cords and they look great I can attached a picture if someone could show me how lol
theycallmetaytor 10:19 AM 05-18-2015
It's a rental so I'd have to talk to the landlord. Even if she says it's okay I'm not sure that's a hassle I'd want to deal with when the time comes to move out.
theycallmetaytor 10:20 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by cara041083:
I got the lights that have a really long cord and then you hang them from a hook in the corner of the room (its a hanging lamp with a lamp shade and everything). Then they sell these things at home depot that are kind of like a square pvc tubs that are flat and stick to the wall but open so it holds all the cords together in the tube. I ran it down my wall to hold the cord so it isn't exposed to the kids and ran it all the way down the wall and along the trim to the plug in. Then I painted it the same color as my wall. You can't see the holder or the cords and they look great I can attached a picture if someone could show me how lol
I have no idea how to attach a picture but I'd love to see that!
Controlled Chaos 12:57 PM 05-18-2015
During the winter I kept Christmas lights up for like 5 months (white ones around the ceiling) to add a little extra brightness.
Reply Up