Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Prices to Keep Spots!
Unregistered 05:09 AM 07-19-2018
Just wondering what you would charge for two weeks on and two weeks off to hold someone’s spot?
Cat Herder 05:16 AM 07-19-2018
Do you mean they attend two weeks, are out for two weeks, then return full time?

If so I charge for the first 4 weeks, and every week thereafter.

*Enrolled or *Not enrolled are my only options.
amberrose3dg 05:29 AM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just wondering what you would charge for two weeks on and two weeks off to hold someone’s spot?
Charge for every week is the only option lol. In my opinion that is the only way you can realistically do it. They are asking that you lose half your income on that spot if they do not want to pay for it. A couple of years ago I did this with a parent who shared custody. It did not work out well. Honestly you can fill the spot with a child that will be there every week .
Ac114 05:29 AM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Do you mean they attend two weeks, are out for two weeks, then return full time?

If so I charge for the first 4 weeks, and every week thereafter.

*Enrolled or *Not enrolled are my only options.
I agree with cat herder. You want to be enrolled, you pay full price when they aren’t in attendance.
Unregistered 05:30 AM 07-19-2018
They want to do two weeks a month! Every month. Just wondering if anyone would charge half price for the other two weeks they are not there to keep spot?
LysesKids 05:33 AM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Charge for every week is the only option lol. In my opinion that is the only way you can realistically do it. They are asking that you lose half your income on that spot if they do not want to pay for it. A couple of years ago I did this with a parent who shared custody. It did not work out well. Honestly you can fill the spot with a child that will be there every week .
Agreed... full fee only. I refuse to lose $$ being I have limited spots available - I did the same as you when I lived in WV because I was naive when I first opened. Live & learn
Cat Herder 05:35 AM 07-19-2018
They want to do two weeks a month! Every month. Just wondering if anyone would charge half price for the other two weeks they are not there to keep spot?
No.

They are taking up a full time slot. They pay for a full time slot. They can attend anytime they'd like.

Your bills stay the same whether they are there are not. To give them a break is taking that income from your own family. Your family must come first for you. Theirs will always come first for them.

Daycare is not a charity.
Unregistered 05:39 AM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
No.

They are taking up a full time slot. They pay for a full time slot. They can attend anytime they'd like.

Your bills stay the same whether they are there are not. To give them a break is taking that income from your own family. Your family must come first for you. Theirs will always come first for them.

Daycare is not a charity.
Thank you so much for your time!! I always did full time! Wasn’t sure if that was worth my time..
amberrose3dg 05:45 AM 07-19-2018
Thank you so much for your time!! I always did full time! Wasn’t sure if that was worth my time..
Exactly you can always fill the spot with a child who comes every day. They aren't going to find too many people that are willing to do it and not get paid for that time. I highly doubt you find a child that will be able to only come the opposite time. I would pass unless they agreed to pay.
Ariana 10:32 AM 07-20-2018
It is totally up to you how you conduct your business so what do you want to do?

If I thought this was a good arrangement for me I would charge them for the two weeks they were here only and they would pay that whether they attended those two weeks or not. You could also charge them a flat rate for the whole month and charge 50% of the rate for the other weeks or you could charge a full time rate since you can always get another kid to do that and not have to lose income. Charging a full time rate for part time attendance works best for you but it is whatever you feel comfortable with. They are taking up a full time spot but I only do part time somit might work for me and how I run my business
Tags:enrollment, tuition, tuition breakdown
Reply Up