Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help With Memo Wording
Ac114 06:26 AM 08-15-2018
Hi ladies! I need help with a memo wording that toys are no longer allowed to be brought from home. I have in my contract that certain toys are permitted but I am not responsible for lost or stolen toys and if they become and issue they will be taken away. Well now it’s just out of hand. 2 year old bringing tiny (I mean tiny) legos, one child brings a tablet with about 5 other toys and no ones even allowed to look at them and so forth. I have started taking them as soon as they come in the door but to be honest I don’t even want them in my house anymore. So instead of updating my contract I just want to send out a quick memo that due to the recent issue that the toys are causing they are no longer permitted from home. Thank you I’m advance!
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 08-15-2018
I have the Hotel California rule for toys from home.

"They can check in but they can never leave"

It works fantastic!!

However, I have this written in my handbook:

"ITEMS FROM HOME

Please do not allow your child to bring toys or items from home.

I have spent an enormous amount of time purchasing developmentally appropriate and educational toys/activities for the children in my care.

When items are brought from home, it can cause undue stress and anxiety for a child. Any item brought into the child care home becomes my responsibility, so please make sure ALL toys/items from home remain in your vehicle so they do not pose an issue here.

Occasionally a child may be invited to bring something from home for sharing purposes. In these situations, items need to be clearly marked with child's name. These items should also be handed directly to the provider and will then be returned directly from provider to parent upon pick up."

Gemma 09:40 AM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have the Hotel California rule for toys from home.

"They can check in but they can never leave"

It works fantastic!!

"[/i]

I stopped allowing toys, or ANYTHING else to be brought in from home years ago
MarinaVanessa 10:38 AM 08-15-2018
How about something like ...

"Dear parents,

Due to safety, liability and behavior concerns items from home will no longer be allowed to be brought to daycare. Please leave them in your home or vehicle. Thank you for understanding"
Tags:toy - policy, toys from home
Reply Up