Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Flashed a Parent this Morning....
meganlavonnesmommy 04:54 AM 08-16-2011
I open at 6am, but only have one child come at that time, the rest are contracted for 7am, but never get here until 8-830. My 6am wasnt here the last two weeks, so I was getting up and ready by 7am each day, just in case someone came early. But each day my first ones were 8-830.

This morning, I came down the stairs at 6:50, in shorts and a bra, no tshirt yet, and I come around the corner and in my dining room stands DCD and CDB.

My door is usually locked, but DH had left for work, and didnt lock it behind him, and apparantly DCD thought it ok to just come in after knocking.
laundrymom 04:58 AM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:
I open at 6am, but only have one child come at that time, the rest are contracted for 7am, but never get here until 8-830. My 6am wasnt here the last two weeks, so I was getting up and ready by 7am each day, just in case someone came early. But each day my first ones were 8-830.

This morning, I came down the stairs at 6:50, in shorts and a bra, no tshirt yet, and I come around the corner and in my dining room stands DCD and CDB.

My door is usually locked, but DH had left for work, and didnt lock it behind him, and apparantly DCD thought it ok to just come in after knocking.
Rofl!!! I'm so sorry for literally having tears because it had to have been embarrassing but OMG!!!! I bet he never does this again. Lol Sooooo what happened?
Cat Herder 05:00 AM 08-16-2011
Too funny!!

Did you get any tips??
Meyou 05:44 AM 08-16-2011
OMG! HAhahaha! Who was more embarassed? Him or you?
Meeko 05:45 AM 08-16-2011
At least you weren't in your birthday suit! Many years ago, I gave a full frontal shot to a day care parent......

My kids were gone for the evening. I took a shower and then remembered I had left my new hairdryer in a bag in the kitchen. As it was just me and hubby in the house, I thought it was OK to walk to the kitchen stark naked. Wellllllll.......I didn't know my kids had left the front door wide open and I had to pass right in front of the short hallway that led to the door.

Just my luck...one of my day care moms was standing at the door. She had just that second got there and hadn't rung the doorbell yet! So she sees me walk right in front of her in nothing but my skin! I screamed and she screamed!

We laughed about it after and we are still good friends today....20 years later! But I thought I was going to die at the time! Luckily she is a very easy-going person and saw the funny side of it. I hate to think what the outcome would have been if it had been some of the other parents!! I did tell her that I don't make a habit of skipping round the house naked!
CheekyChick 06:57 AM 08-16-2011
LOL!!! You poor thing!!!
Sugar Magnolia 09:56 AM 08-16-2011
Hey hey hey, no free shows now ladies!
cheerfuldom 09:59 AM 08-16-2011
see I am really paranoid about this happening, always have been. The one time I thought, oh its not a big deal, my brother in law had walked in the house unannounced. Thank goodness I had put a towel on at the last minute!!!
PitterPatter 10:12 AM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:

What happened what did u guys say? OMG!! Another reason I keep my doors locked at ALL times! When I take a shower I make sure my doors ar locked and when I come out and go to my room in a towel I yell and ask my son if anyone came by or called so I know it's ok to dart to my room.
daycare 10:29 AM 08-16-2011
LMAO oh my how funny and I bet your face was RED!!!!!!!!!
Don't you just love how they forget to lock the door when they leave. My Husband does all the time....

Funny story, sorry it happened to you though....
Zoe 10:47 AM 08-16-2011
My DH is notorious for forgetting to lock the door behind him. He leaves VERY early in the morning, so we got one of those automatic locking systems for our front door. No unexpected flashings here! Unless I forget to close the blinds of course.
newtodaycare22 10:55 AM 08-16-2011
I'd cry. One time I had an early arrival and threw on a shirt with no bra. That was odd enough for me! (good thing I'm small-lol)
meganlavonnesmommy 11:42 AM 08-16-2011
Yeah, creepy! Thankfully his last day is tomorrow, so I wont have to see him face to face much longer. I still had a towel around my wet hair and everything.

I just said "sorry" and ran around the corner to put my shirt on.

When I came back he apoligized, and said he knocked and then came in, figuring I was just busy and didnt hear the door.

Ummmm, hello? You are over an hour earlier than normal, and didnt think I may be still getting ready? At 6:50am? I think he was just used to me being up cause normally I have kids by 6am and am already up for the day.

He was very apoligetic, and felt bad. But dude, dont just come in my house!
Meeko 11:42 AM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
I'd cry. One time I had an early arrival and threw on a shirt with no bra. That was odd enough for me! (good thing I'm small-lol)
Oh how I wish......my girls need to be corralled or I'm in trouble....
godiva83 12:00 PM 08-16-2011
Oh so embarrassing - but oh so funny!
The other day one of my DCB's attempted to hide under my sundresss lifting it up as a dad was putting shoes on his little one, I am sure he got a show but didn't sat anything thank goodness. I have yet to where a dress again
MamaBear 12:08 PM 08-16-2011
This IS hilarious! Embarrassing but hilarious Thanks for sharing that!
KEG123 12:31 PM 08-16-2011
Oh man, this thread has me rolling on the floor!
MG&Lsmom 03:39 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Mine too!

Thankfully we have a master bath inside our master bedroom. However, the bedroom door not only opens to the living room, directly across 10 feet away is a HUGE picture window. You have to pass the open doorway to shut the door. DH insists on leaving said door open and putting the shades up while I'm showering. If I lock it, he pops the lock and lets DS in cuz he hurls himself at closed doors. Can't be away from me for 5 mins.
PitterPatter 08:20 PM 08-16-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Me too darn Mother nature and gravity has only made it worse now!!
Oneluckymom 08:53 PM 08-16-2011
This is Soooo funny but not at the same time. I'll remember to always lock my door. How can people just walk in...I have read to many stories on here about parents just waltzing on in the house!
Tags:early arrival, funny
Reply Up