Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Securing Train Tracks?
MG&Lsmom 12:30 PM 08-18-2011
Has anyone successfully secured wooden train tracks and bridges to a surface? Barnes and Noble has their set all screwed & glued together so we go play there a lot. I would love to secure our set or even just the raised pieces in chunks to help alleviate the frustration of the whole thing falling apart at the slightest touch. But I'm afraid of ruining it.
Crystal 12:35 PM 08-18-2011
I used Gorilla Glue on mine when I had one. Use very sparingly though or it will ooze out from underneath....the glue expands when drying.
MG&Lsmom 01:51 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I used Gorilla Glue on mine when I had one. Use very sparingly though or it will ooze out from underneath....the glue expands when drying.
I've had some experience with overuse of Gorilla Glue

Right now the track is taped to the dining room floor and everyone had a blast all afternoon with it. Unfortunately it can not stay there as it's the walk through to the whole house.
Kaddidle Care 01:55 PM 08-18-2011
How about Fun Tack? I'd hate to see you glue it - as the kids get older part of the fun is creating new tracks to play with.

My husband hot glued a little HO track to a board. It's in an oval and was meant to go round the Christmas Tree. Unfortunately there always seems to be something preventing us from using it. Young child, puppy, kitten.. hehe!
MG&Lsmom 10:03 AM 08-19-2011
DH is brilliant. Masking taped the track to the train table surface. Not so sticky that we can't change it easily and not so wobbly to come tumbling down. I had to pry the kids away so we could go on our field trip to the zoo this morning. Where they were going to ride a REAL train.
E Daycare 11:08 AM 08-19-2011
I bought a train table and thomas train set recently for my DS birthday as hes a nut job about thomas and EVERY day I say "THATS IT IM GOING TO GLUE IT" because omg is it a pain! I hear "mommy do, mommy fix it" all the time. Im going to buy a few sets and glue them together and change them out when I change out the other toys.

Otherwise there might be pieces of train track every where as Mrs E goes bat butt crazy and just tosses the darn thing out the window.
countrymom 11:09 AM 08-19-2011
long ago, the thomas the train company sold a plastic mat so you can put your train on it. Well I wrapped it around my train table, table top so it was easy to wipe. So I have alot of trains, but I decided to do a stationary one, and I used double sided tape, it was great and the kids loved it, except this one really bad bad boy (he got termed for peeing all over my ds's room) he decided to rip every single piece off the train table. I was so mad, he did it in seconds, what took me forever he undid in seconds. He was punished and he wrecked it for all the other kids. Now he's been gone for a while, and we used the table top for the guinea pig-till he passed away at christmas, so with september rolling around the corner I was thinking of giving it another shot. The kids loved it so much and played forever when it was set up.
Tags:train set
Reply Up