Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

Question How Much Is To Much??HMMMM????

OK! So i am gathering all paper work and getting things together .. I"m just stuck on prices.. I'm going to provide care from ages 6weeks to 5yrs .. hours are 6am to 5pm . How much is to much ? Give me some prices I'm going nuts over here. I just want to be far also.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Depends...

That depends entirely on your area. Your local resource and referral office can give you a range if you call them!

I used to have a licensed daycare in a small town and I charged $90 a week full time...then I moved to a large city and I now charge $175 a week. It ALL depends on your area and what people are willing to pay.

You can look at some other provider's websites to see if they list their fees, but technically you can't call and ask them, because that is illegal as it is considered price fixing.

Good luck!
Old 03-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thank you! yes I live in a large County so according to what you are saying my prices are fair .
Old 03-02-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Sachae View Post
Thank you! yes I live in a large County so according to what you are saying my prices are fair .
What state are you in?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
What state are you in?
I am in Maryland , Owings Mills County
Old 03-03-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Sachae View Post
I am in Maryland , Owings Mills County
Here is the list of standard reimbursement rates for your area.

It might give you a good starting point as to where to start and what to set your rates at.

http://www.mdchildcare.org/mdcfc/for.../cc_reimb.html
Old 03-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Here is the list of standard reimbursement rates for your area.

It might give you a good starting point as to where to start and what to set your rates at.

http://www.mdchildcare.org/mdcfc/for.../cc_reimb.html
Thank You
Old 03-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice! View Post
That depends entirely on your area. Your local resource and referral office can give you a range if you call them!

I used to have a licensed daycare in a small town and I charged $90 a week full time...then I moved to a large city and I now charge $175 a week. It ALL depends on your area and what people are willing to pay.

You can look at some other provider's websites to see if they list their fees, but technically you can't call and ask them, because that is illegal as it is considered price fixing.

Good luck!
This is what I would go with. I also asked a few providers in the area that I know personally and went by what I used to pay when I worked. Around here it varies by $50 a week per child. I went crazy trying to figure out rates, and adjusted them three times before I opened my doors. Whew, I understand. Try craigslist searches for around your area, that helped me also, just to get a round about idea.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekki78 View Post
This is what I would go with. I also asked a few providers in the area that I know personally and went by what I used to pay when I worked. Around here it varies by $50 a week per child. I went crazy trying to figure out rates, and adjusted them three times before I opened my doors. Whew, I understand. Try craigslist searches for around your area, that helped me also, just to get a round about idea.
Thank you

Tags
education, new daycare, rates - fair and reasonable, research