Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,181
Default Confession Time

I confess that on particularly rough days, if the dck's are all still asleep when it's the usual wake up time, I leave them sleeping longer. On the off chance that a parent comes early, I tell them that we got a late start on nap.

I confess that I am planning to do this today, if they stay sleeping, because it's Friday, and they'll all be up later than a weeknight, anyway.

Who's next?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
I confess that on particularly rough days, if the dck's are all still asleep when it's the usual wake up time, I leave them sleeping longer. On the off chance that a parent comes early, I tell them that we got a late start on nap.

I confess that I am planning to do this today, if they stay sleeping, because it's Friday, and they'll all be up later than a weeknight, anyway.

Who's next?
It's 3:30 and all are sleeping peacefully. Sleep on, little children, sleep on...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-24-2015, 01:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It is always my intention to do this too, but it seems like the babies know when it's Friday because they ALWAYS wake up early. They don't even sleep their usual length of time. One is playing in his crib as I am typing and he is going to stay there until he starts screaming.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-24-2015, 02:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's 3:30 and all are sleeping peacefully. Sleep on, little children, sleep on...
OMG! I was thinking wrong. It was only 2:30. Now it's 3:10... Please sleep on, little children, please... .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

Part of me really hopes DCG goes to the new provider they are interviewing with, her parents are a hot mess. The other part of me is freaking out about the money.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-24-2015, 02:12 PM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OMG! I was thinking wrong. It was only 2:30. Now it's 3:10... Please sleep on, little children, please... .
Lol! We only made it an extra 10 minutes, but hey--it was MY 10 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I do this everyday lol!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-24-2015, 02:17 PM
AmyKidsCo's Avatar
AmyKidsCo AmyKidsCo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,786
Default

I always let them sleep later if they need it. Most of the time they're up at a certain time, but if they need more sleep I'm not going to stop them from getting it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,822
Default

I confess that I use my 4 yo dcg's inability to tell time to an advantage. I'll tell her if she can be quiet for 10 more minutes during naptime, she can go in the other room and play on her tablet. Ten minutes usually turns into 30-45 minutes.

Oops.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-24-2015, 04:42 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 6,040
Default

I don't believe in waking sleeping children. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-25-2015, 11:22 AM
NightOwl's Avatar
NightOwl NightOwl is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,716
Default

I confess that, when mom of very difficult dcb sent me a list of her "concerns", I answered in a way that encouraged her to move on. Because I'm really sick of her being so high maintenance when her kid is by far the worst behaved here. You'd think she would be all peaches and cream considering what I have to deal with from him every day
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
I don't believe in waking sleeping children. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
LOL my rule is "I don't kick big dogs or wake sleeping children".
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,181
Default

I have another. I use coloring books. That's right--coloring books! I know....it's not DAP. But I think it's okay to do some things that are purely for enjoyment. I go to Dollar Tree and buy 10 or so at a time. When a child wants to color, they choose a page and show me. I tear it out and they color it. I'll often color a page myself--it's very calming. Surely I can't be the only one!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
I have another. I use coloring books. That's right--coloring books! I know....it's not DAP. But I think it's okay to do some things that are purely for enjoyment. I go to Dollar Tree and buy 10 or so at a time. When a child wants to color, they choose a page and show me. I tear it out and they color it. I'll often color a page myself--it's very calming. Surely I can't be the only one!
I use coloring books too. Not a lot but I have them available. I think there is some benefit to them, they're learning how to hold coloring utensils and developing fine motor skills.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I use coloring books too. Not a lot but I have them available. I think there is some benefit to them, they're learning how to hold coloring utensils and developing fine motor skills.
I was actually a little afraid to admit it!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

I use coloring books. The kids like them, and they do have some benefit.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
I was actually a little afraid to admit it!
It's not like you're locking them in closets all day!! Are you?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wait, what's wrong with coloring books?! The kids here LOVE them. Though we did workbooks today (letters) and yesterday we finger painted.

My confession: same as OP. If kids sleep extra long I let them. YUP. And if a parent comes early and its obvious kids just woke up, it's because lunch time started later than normal so nap was a bit offset.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:03 PM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessaRose View Post
I confess that, when mom of very difficult dcb sent me a list of her "concerns", I answered in a way that encouraged her to move on. Because I'm really sick of her being so high maintenance when her kid is by far the worst behaved here. You'd think she would be all peaches and cream considering what I have to deal with from him every day
I do this when the kids turn 3/3.5. I prefer the 3 and under age groups so when they turn 3, or even before, I kinds of mention preschool and how their child is ready. I don't do a formal preschool program and to me 3.5 and older children are harder than the younger ones. Now, not all 3.5+ children are hard, but most are to me. I have one who is leaving for preschool next week and I'm going to cry, but I have another who NEEDS to go now...lol
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:05 PM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

I never wake them, unless it's late and I want to go outside...lol I will confess though, that I will wake my 2.5 year old son if it's too late, but he's mine...he doesn't like to go to bed at night if I don't.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Opposite for me. I LOVE the 4 year olds. I have 4 of them and one 18m old. I would take 4 year olds ALLLLLL day long over the younger ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilley View Post
I do this when the kids turn 3/3.5. I prefer the 3 and under age groups so when they turn 3, or even before, I kinds of mention preschool and how their child is ready. I don't do a formal preschool program and to me 3.5 and older children are harder than the younger ones. Now, not all 3.5+ children are hard, but most are to me. I have one who is leaving for preschool next week and I'm going to cry, but I have another who NEEDS to go now...lol
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,610
Default

My number one confession is I am NOT always up to Assessment standards. I am ALWAYS up to licensing standards which has become almost as stringent, but not always meeting the "typical day" assessment is looking for. I love my job and what goes with it which means I am realistic and flexible when creating learning experiences with the kids in my program.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:10 PM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Opposite for me. I LOVE the 4 year olds. I have 4 of them and one 18m old. I would take 4 year olds ALLLLLL day long over the younger ones.
Lol. I have worked in centers for 14 years before opening my in home and I was the lead infant/toddler teacher most of the time. I think that's why I like the younger ones so much. Right now, I have two 3.5 year olds, my ds who is 2.5, two 1.5 year olds, and a 13 month old. The two 3.5 year old boys are part time and when they both here, plus my son, they don't listen at all!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wait, what's wrong with coloring books?! The kids here LOVE them. Though we did workbooks today (letters) and yesterday we finger painted.

My confession: same as OP. If kids sleep extra long I let them. YUP. And if a parent comes early and its obvious kids just woke up, it's because lunch time started later than normal so nap was a bit offset.
Some experts consider them the "junk food" of art materials because most of the creativity has already been done. I just believe in moderation. I always stuffed my youngest dd's Easter basket with fashion coloring books. She also had access to all of the other art materials that we all have stocked. She designed and made her own doll clothes out of bandanas the dog wore home from the groomers, so I just considered them one more resource to have.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Some experts consider them the "junk food" of art materials because most of the creativity has already been done. I just believe in moderation. I always stuffed my youngest dd's Easter basket with fashion coloring books. She also had access to all of the other art materials that we all have stocked. She designed and made her own doll clothes out of bandanas the dog wore home from the groomers, so I just considered them one more resource to have.
Oh poppycock. Coloring books are wonderful for fine motor skills when combined with other things!!!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh poppycock. Coloring books are wonderful for fine motor skills when combined with other things!!!
When I was completing my CDA observation, a dcg4 was using a book I had to trace letters, numbers, animals, etc. and she asked me how often I allowed that to which I replied it is out with all the other art supplies that were free expression. Wrong answer....I was told to put it away which disappointed me. The little girl loved using that book. I still have it by the way but it is never out during assessment
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
It's not like you're locking them in closets all day!! Are you?
Lol!

I just know the coloring books are "frowned upon" by the experts. I stand by what I said....why can't some things just be fun? They enjoy it. Just like children's television....I don't believe EVERYTHING should have to be educational all the time. Once in awhile I allow the dck's to watch dh's Pink Panther cartoon DVDs. They love it! It's just simple and funny, period.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
It's not like you're locking them in closets all day!! Are you?
Where do you think I keep the coloring books???? You mean we can't keep kids there??

Okay just kidding lol but really I just don't see the issue. I mean being told to put them away? Seriously they are not XXX rated or anything for crying out loud.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Meyou's Avatar
Meyou Meyou is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,705
Default

I use coloring books. There is always plain paper available too but sometimes they just love to color.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Pepperth's Avatar
Pepperth Pepperth is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 698
Default

I know some adults who use coloring books as a method of relaxation. Can we argue that we are teaching children emotional health & fine motor skills? I think its fine to do something that is just plain fun once in a while to relax them.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Controlled Chaos's Avatar
Controlled Chaos Controlled Chaos is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,128
Default

The lunch I served today was no where near what I had posted on the menu. I am usually really good about sticking to it exactly. Lunch still met food program component requirements, but I realized I was short 2 ingredients, so no quiche today just sandwiches. The kids were bummed, but it was nice to "go crazy" and do a cold lunch two days in a row.

Thursdays are my "phone it in" day. There is zero cooking on Thursdays. Its also the only day I don't get out ALL the craft supplies when they ask. Its my mental health day. They still get to color, glue and cut if they want. But no - we are not getting out the pom poms, glitter, feathers, googlie eyes, straws, random recyclable objects etc. I have never had a group that was so obsessed with creating. I love it and they are amazing BUT Just one day of not cleaning all that up! I am super mean...can you tell
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:30 PM
NightOwl's Avatar
NightOwl NightOwl is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperth View Post
I know some adults who use coloring books as a method of relaxation. Can we argue that we are teaching children emotional health & fine motor skills? I think its fine to do something that is just plain fun once in a while to relax them.
You can print mandalas, sugar skulls, etc, off the Internet that are for adults who want to color! I LOVE them. It's so relaxing.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:32 PM
NightOwl's Avatar
NightOwl NightOwl is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilley View Post
I do this when the kids turn 3/3.5. I prefer the 3 and under age groups so when they turn 3, or even before, I kinds of mention preschool and how their child is ready. I don't do a formal preschool program and to me 3.5 and older children are harder than the younger ones. Now, not all 3.5+ children are hard, but most are to me. I have one who is leaving for preschool next week and I'm going to cry, but I have another who NEEDS to go now...lol
Yes I have two who are going to be "encouraged" before long. I'm with you. Give me the zero to threes any day.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessaRose View Post
You can print mandalas, sugar skulls, etc, off the Internet that are for adults who want to color! I LOVE them. It's so relaxing.
I enjoy those, too!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperth View Post
I know some adults who use coloring books as a method of relaxation. Can we argue that we are teaching children emotional health & fine motor skills? I think its fine to do something that is just plain fun once in a while to relax them.
I remember waiting hours and hours at Boston's Children Hospital and in the pediatrics waiting room, they had these huge posters, for the parents to color. I spent many hours coloring. It is very relaxing and helps you lose yourself.
Experts don't know everything. And they certainly don't know the kids we're teaching every day either.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessaRose View Post
You can print mandalas, sugar skulls, etc, off the Internet that are for adults who want to color! I LOVE them. It's so relaxing.
Hmmm, sugar skulls? Never heard of those, will have to check them out.
Veering off subject a little but has anyone tried Zentangles?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Baby lady's Avatar
Baby lady Baby lady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Hmmm, sugar skulls? Never heard of those, will have to check them out.
Veering off subject a little but has anyone tried Zentangles?
I have and I like them, the general idea.

I don't like that people have copyrighted that particular type of doodle, and that there are "right" ways to do it

I like coloring and doodling
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

I like the mandalas! Never heard of them. I always doodle in church, it seems to keep my mind on the sermon, otherwise it races, and I think about daycare, hubby, DD, money issues, whatever lol. Something about my hands going keeps my mind still.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftylady View Post
I like the mandalas! Never heard of them. I always doodle in church, it seems to keep my mind on the sermon, otherwise it races, and I think about daycare, hubby, DD, money issues, whatever lol. Something about my hands going keeps my mind still.
Oh, I can so relate to this!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
I have another. I use coloring books. That's right--coloring books! I know....it's not DAP. But I think it's okay to do some things that are purely for enjoyment. I go to Dollar Tree and buy 10 or so at a time. When a child wants to color, they choose a page and show me. I tear it out and they color it. I'll often color a page myself--it's very calming. Surely I can't be the only one!
I have a pretty extensive collection of crayons and colored pencils.
They are mine. I don't allow the DCKs to touch them. .
(They do get their own)

I color abstract prints (and a couple coloring book pages) as a method of relaxation. It is very calming and rewarding.

My daycare confession would be that I am one of "those" providers that does not use or have coloring books or color pages for my daycare kids.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-03-2015, 05:21 PM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,377
Default

I confess that my spirited dck, age 3, is wearing me out. 2 years on and this kid just wipes me out mentally. I have STRONGLY suggested to dcm that this child needs preschool next year-and made it very clear that I won't be offering preschool. Normally I wouldn't say that for a 3 year old, but I don't think I can keep it up for another year with my fall group.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-06-2015, 11:42 AM
Onawhim's Avatar
Onawhim Onawhim is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 90
Default

I confess that today my kids did nothing but fight all morning so durning bathroom time before nap I put a YouTube video on my phone while I took turns taking them to the bathroom. I couldn't handle anymore fighting and crying.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-06-2015, 12:27 PM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,536
Default

I confess that I put a splash of juice in dcg's water. She is SEVERELY constipated and WILL NOT drink anything otherwise. Her water bottle is tinted, she doesn't say a word, and I am not telling licensing either.

After a two year battle with her about water (here and home) I'm done.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Hunni Bee's Avatar
Hunni Bee Hunni Bee is offline
False Sense Of Authority
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Over the Rainbow...
Posts: 2,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I confess that I put a splash of juice in dcg's water. She is SEVERELY constipated and WILL NOT drink anything otherwise. Her water bottle is tinted, she doesn't say a word, and I am not telling licensing either.

After a two year battle with her about water (here and home) I'm done.
All my daughters water is about 15% juice. I only buy clear juice and she never gets it straight...it just basically makes it smell yummy at that dilution. She will only drink plain water out of this special (read: hard to clean) Minnie Mouse bottle and only if its ice cold.

All her cups are dark tinted too...so her daycare teachers either haven't noticed or don't mind. I'm not mentioning it.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I confess that I don't allow free access to much of our art supplies, nor do I always bring it out even when asked for it.
We have plenty of art time throughout the week, but it's at my convienence.

I also have no problems telling the kids "this is what we are doing now" and not allowing them to bring out even more activities/toys when we already have a couple of choices out.

I confess that I don't always apply sunscreen to the kids. We are never outside between prime sun hours (10-3) due to our schedule and the backyard is shaded in the afternoon. No one has ever gotten a sunburn at my house.

I confess that when I have parents really push their kids on me, I tend to like the child less. And even more so if the child is one who feels they are better than the others because their parents have made them believe it.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05-07-2015, 05:04 AM
Pepperth's Avatar
Pepperth Pepperth is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 698
Default

I confess that after all the little kids fell asleep yesterday, my son and I each ate a big bowl of ice cream.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-07-2015, 08:48 AM
mommiebookworm's Avatar
mommiebookworm mommiebookworm is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 348
Default

I confess that I threw away a broken doll that dcg brought from home. She has never even asked for it. This was about 3 1/2 months ago!!!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 05-07-2015, 11:16 AM
childcaremom's Avatar
childcaremom childcaremom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,969
Default

I confess that I started the countdown to 5 at 10 am this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 05-07-2015, 11:18 AM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,181
Default

I confess that I was off the last 5 days, and did not miss my daycare kids.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-07-2015, 11:26 AM
hope's Avatar
hope hope is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,520
Default

I confess that all the dcks went in for early nap today and I will not be waking them at any certain time. I think they are all coming down with something because they were falling asleep at the lunch table.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 05-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Onawhim's Avatar
Onawhim Onawhim is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post
I confess that all the dcks went in for early nap today and I will not be waking them at any certain time. I think they are all coming down with something because they were falling asleep at the lunch table.
That was my plan but all but one woke after an hour and 10 mins nap. Even my baby who I normally wake after 2 1/2 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-07-2015, 11:32 AM
NoMoreJuice!'s Avatar
NoMoreJuice! NoMoreJuice! is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: KS
Posts: 715
Default

I must confess that the reason the hubby and I go to Vegas so much is because there are no children there! We leave Saturday morning for 6 days. I also confess that I don't plan to answer any calls or text messages from any parents.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
I confess that I was off the last 5 days, and did not miss my daycare kids.
I never miss the day care kids (evenings, weekends, vacations, when they go to school)
I think it's so odd that anyone would think we should (and you know some dcp's would be shocked to know that )
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-07-2015, 02:44 PM
childcaremom's Avatar
childcaremom childcaremom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I never miss the day care kids (evenings, weekends, vacations, when they go to school)
I think it's so odd that anyone would think we should (and you know some dcp's would be shocked to know that )


I do enjoy the dcks while they are here because I enjoy my job. I also enjoy (and look forward to) the end of the day so I can relax with my family.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:44 PM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by childcaremom View Post


I do enjoy the dcks while they are here because I enjoy my job. I also enjoy (and look forward to) the end of the day so I can relax with my family.
I had a dcg on vacation return today and dcd said "I bet Miss X was going through A withdrawal!"

Hardly. I adore her, but sheesh.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:46 PM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,536
Default

I confess that when we are outside in summer, I do some LIGHT yard work. Raking, weeding, that sort of thing if they are all engrossed in something.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-07-2015, 03:53 PM
AuntTami's Avatar
AuntTami AuntTami is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I confess that when we are outside in summer, I do some LIGHT yard work. Raking, weeding, that sort of thing if they are all engrossed in something.
I do this too.

I also confess that I make them all help me. Each has their own rake and they love it. They also help me sweep, load and unload the dish washer and vacuum..... They love it!

I confess that I let my dog out to clean up after meal messes and I use my vacuum on all my dloors(hard wood) if I don't feel like sweeping!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Onawhim's Avatar
Onawhim Onawhim is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I confess that when we are outside in summer, I do some LIGHT yard work. Raking, weeding, that sort of thing if they are all engrossed in something.
Me to! Lol
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-08-2015, 04:12 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntTami View Post
I do this too.



I confess that I let my dog out to clean up after meal messes

Me too. I pick up all the stuff that they can't have and then tell the dcks 'let the dogs out'.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-08-2015, 04:49 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,536
Default

I rarely sweep my hardwood. My vacuum does a WAYYY better job.

I confess my 'trash person' job is just clean up after meals and activities. They wear the garbage worker hat and clean everything. I always assign that job to an older child so they do a good job, and I give them wet wipes for under the tables, etc. I haven't cleaned up tables/floors in FOREVER.

I confess I am starting to like kids bop. I can only handle so many nursery rhymes, my kids all know/love the trendy songs and we rock out to kids bop and dance every single day. C'mon, my girls and I dancing to 'all the single ladies' while the boys cheer us on is ADORABLE.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 05-08-2015, 09:41 AM
AmyLeigh's Avatar
AmyLeigh AmyLeigh is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I never miss the day care kids (evenings, weekends, vacations, when they go to school)
I think it's so odd that anyone would think we should (and you know some dcp's would be shocked to know that )
I had one dcg come in Monday morning and ask me if I missed her. (I was on vacation last week)

My response, "just as much as I missed everyone else." Shhhh....

As much as I care about them, I don't miss them at all when they are not here.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Onawhim's Avatar
Onawhim Onawhim is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 90
Default

Confession. Dcg3 is suppose to be woke after an hour because "she doesn't sleep at night.." Her brother dcb1 took 45 of nap to get to sleep lots of belly pains. Finally got him to sleep.. On me... I have no plans to wake dcg in 15 mins.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

I have a 4 yo dcb who comes one day a week. In a lot of ways his behavior is more appropriate to a child at least two years younger. I know I do not have the resources to meet his needs and will be telling mom I don't have a spot for him next school year (mom's a teacher). I confess I am relieved we are getting close to the end.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-08-2015, 02:22 PM
DaveA's Avatar
DaveA DaveA is online now
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,193
Default

The next time we go somewhere & someone asks "Are those ALL yours?" I'm telling them "Let me tell you about my family's spiritual journey to polygamy".
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveArmour View Post
The next time we go somewhere & someone asks "Are those ALL yours?" I'm telling them "Let me tell you about my family's spiritual journey to polygamy".
I confess you have me over here cracking up
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveArmour View Post
The next time we go somewhere & someone asks "Are those ALL yours?" I'm telling them "Let me tell you about my family's spiritual journey to polygamy".



I confess we did NOTHING for Mother's Day this year. We usually do, but with our schedule (which includes transporting to preschool) there simply wasn't time.

I really like my clients, there was no intent to "show them" or anything like that. I confess that while I do feel a bit disappointed, I'm not completely broken up about it and plan on using it as part of my ammunition as to why I'm scaling back on transporting next year and beyond.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-11-2015, 09:52 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
I have a 4 yo dcb who comes one day a week. In a lot of ways his behavior is more appropriate to a child at least two years younger. I know I do not have the resources to meet his needs and will be telling mom I don't have a spot for him next school year (mom's a teacher). I confess I am relieved we are getting close to the end.
We are in the same countdown, but mine is FT and his mom is teaching summer school. I will get a 4 week break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveArmour View Post
The next time we go somewhere & someone asks "Are those ALL yours?" I'm telling them "Let me tell you about my family's spiritual journey to polygamy".
Oh em geeeee I just laughed out loud! Stealing this!!!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Onawhim's Avatar
Onawhim Onawhim is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 90
Default

I confess today is my first day of quieter Monday Wednesday Friday's, my full time dcg 3 and dcb 1 are done to part time for the summer and oh my am I enjoying it!! The money loss isn't great but the baking, walks, not having to wake the kids at nap time. Ahhhh I love it

I also confess I totally do this for the money. I like the kids. And I like the job. But lately I don't love it.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-29-2018, 12:02 PM
DaveA's Avatar
DaveA DaveA is online now
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,193
Default

Pulling this up because I just used DCKs being great during an EIS initial as the reason we grabbed McDonalds for lunch. Really it was because today was the first day the McRib was back in our area.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
The next time we go somewhere & someone asks "Are those ALL yours?" I'm telling them "Let me tell you about my family's spiritual journey to polygamy".
For the record---- this was a really bad idea. The little old lady I said this to soon afterwards told me WAY too much information about the hippie "free love" commune she lived in during the sixties.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-29-2018, 12:22 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
Lol!

I just know the coloring books are "frowned upon" by the experts. I stand by what I said....why can't some things just be fun? They enjoy it. Just like children's television....I don't believe EVERYTHING should have to be educational all the time. Once in awhile I allow the dck's to watch dh's Pink Panther cartoon DVDs. They love it! It's just simple and funny, period.

Amen! My husband and I say this all the time. Why can't something just be fun like when we were kids. He said whatever happened to slapstick comedy on cartoons like bugs bunny, road runner etc. Why does everything have to be a "learning" cartoon. IMO Bugs Bunny roadrunner shows taught kids how to have a sense of humor and laugh at something. Now people would say that those shows taught kids how to make bombs. Remember the road runner shows with the ACME products? Good Lord. My kids love color books along with all the other crafts we do.
A friend of mine bought me an adult color book years ago when they first came out. I had never heard of them. I love it. Definitely relaxing. So why shouldn't it be for kids
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:22 PM
coloradoprovider's Avatar
coloradoprovider coloradoprovider is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 95
Default music

I confess (but the parents know) that too much "kid" music drives me bonkers, so I play Pandora frequently with music I like. I really like the Mark Knopfler station, sometimes Beatles and Rolling Stones, U2, Pink Floyd - yea a lot of 70's stuff (my era!) I play some 60's - really like Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Sometimes we'll dance to some good 80's stuff. Christmas time I like Michael Buble.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:34 PM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoprovider View Post
I confess (but the parents know) that too much "kid" music drives me bonkers, so I play Pandora frequently with music I like. I really like the Mark Knopfler station, sometimes Beatles and Rolling Stones, U2, Pink Floyd - yea a lot of 70's stuff (my era!) I play some 60's - really like Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Sometimes we'll dance to some good 80's stuff. Christmas time I like Michael Buble.
Can we be best friends? No jokeóthose are some of my favorite pandora stations! Iím with you on the childrenís music. Like an ice pick to the eardrum!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-29-2018, 01:56 PM
CityGarden's Avatar
CityGarden CityGarden is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: The Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 1,667
Default

I confess that nap time is always 30-60minutes longer on Mondays..... I do not highlight this to parents. I find the children need the sleep after busy weekends and I do not wake them.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-29-2018, 03:26 PM
hwichlaz's Avatar
hwichlaz hwichlaz is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I confess that when we are outside in summer, I do some LIGHT yard work. Raking, weeding, that sort of thing if they are all engrossed in something.
I have tiny work gloves, and it's part of our friday routine for the kids to help with yard work....stacking wood, picking up little bits of trash that blew in etc.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is offline
Childcare Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice! View Post
I must confess that the reason the hubby and I go to Vegas so much is because there are no children there! .

Have fun!

I had no idea coloring books were frown upon! IMO those "experts" have way too much time on their hands, and very little practical experience!
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-30-2018, 06:21 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post

Have fun!

I had no idea coloring books were frown upon! IMO those "experts" have way too much time on their hands, and very little practical experience!
I go to only before and after the first of the year so I can work part time outside the house. I am counting down the days. I cannot wait to get out some!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-30-2018, 06:45 AM
Pepperth's Avatar
Pepperth Pepperth is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 698
Default

I confess that I highly regret closing my home daycare to work at my kids school. There was so much less drama when I was working by myself. But, my kids love having me here and I wasn't sure how I'd get my little guy to preschool. This has enabled me to drive him everyday and get it for free. I think if I could guaranty that I'd fill up my spots right away, it would be worth the change financially. (The kicker is getting free tuition at a private school for working here, and I strongly believe in their academic program.)

Maybe, I'm remembering it with rose-colored glasses, but I really miss the lack of dramatic people and letting my kids sleep in during breaks.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-05-2018, 03:06 PM
flying_babyb's Avatar
flying_babyb flying_babyb is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
When I was completing my CDA observation, a dcg4 was using a book I had to trace letters, numbers, animals, etc. and she asked me how often I allowed that to which I replied it is out with all the other art supplies that were free expression. Wrong answer....I was told to put it away which disappointed me. The little girl loved using that book. I still have it by the way but it is never out during assessment
Thanks for the heads up! mines comming up!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-05-2018, 04:45 PM
jenboo's Avatar
jenboo jenboo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 3,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperth View Post
I confess that I highly regret closing my home daycare to work at my kids school. There was so much less drama when I was working by myself. But, my kids love having me here and I wasn't sure how I'd get my little guy to preschool. This has enabled me to drive him everyday and get it for free. I think if I could guaranty that I'd fill up my spots right away, it would be worth the change financially. (The kicker is getting free tuition at a private school for working here, and I strongly believe in their academic program.)

Maybe, I'm remembering it with rose-colored glasses, but I really miss the lack of dramatic people and letting my kids sleep in during breaks.
My husband and I closed... he went back to working outside the home and I got a job working from home. I regret it the pay was so good and we got to be home together everyday. I can't convince him to do it again haha.
Im opening up a half day preschool in the fall... the grass was NOT greener.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-07-2018, 07:12 AM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 123
Default

I clean up a room myself just to not get frustrated telling kids to clean a center a hundred times with no luck. It also grinds my gears when they leave a center a mess and will not clean it and when I tell them to they say I don't want to. My response is I don't care
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 11-07-2018, 07:22 AM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I confess that I put a splash of juice in dcg's water. She is SEVERELY constipated and WILL NOT drink anything otherwise. Her water bottle is tinted, she doesn't say a word, and I am not telling licensing either.

After a two year battle with her about water (here and home) I'm done.
We put syrup and milk. I told parent because I didn't want her confused if she was water pooping everywhere
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Jupadia's Avatar
Jupadia Jupadia is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I confess that I put a splash of juice in dcg's water. She is SEVERELY constipated and WILL NOT drink anything otherwise. Her water bottle is tinted, she doesn't say a word, and I am not telling licensing either.

After a two year battle with her about water (here and home) I'm done.
Hey just saw this post, dont feel bad I have one of my own I do the same with. My oldest now 5 would not drink plain water no matter how many times it was offered bottle no go, cup no go nothing. Threw a splash of juice in it just enough for taste and he drink it up. Now I can finally get plain water in him sometimes but it's still hard. If it had been up to him he never drink it. Switching from formula / breast milk was the worst. But my youngest has no problems with plain water.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-09-2018, 07:44 AM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 123
Default

I listen to Hannah no tans and old Miley Cyrus in order to get through the morning in preschool 😂😂😂
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-14-2018, 12:21 PM
littlefriends's Avatar
littlefriends littlefriends is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 302
Default

I confess that I got A TON of gratification out of listening to my dcm try to get in this morning as I stood in the kitchen giggling to myself. I have explained to her countless times that I open at 7, not whenever before 7 she wants to show up but she still likes to try me so I put up a sign on the front door stating my hours, saying daycare is currently closed, and do not knock in all caps and locked the screen door so she couldnít even get to the front door to bang on it. Sure enough I hear her yanking on the screen door at 6:45. I unlocked it at exactly 7:00 and super cheerfully told her dd good morning and went back to the kitchen to make breakfast. Mom didnít say a word, just signed in and left!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-14-2018, 12:32 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefriends View Post
I confess that I got A TON of gratification out of listening to my dcm try to get in this morning as I stood in the kitchen giggling to myself. I have explained to her countless times that I open at 7, not whenever before 7 she wants to show up but she still likes to try me so I put up a sign on the front door stating my hours, saying daycare is currently closed, and do not knock in all caps and locked the screen door so she couldnít even get to the front door to bang on it. Sure enough I hear her yanking on the screen door at 6:45. I unlocked it at exactly 7:00 and super cheerfully told her dd good morning and went back to the kitchen to make breakfast. Mom didnít say a word, just signed in and left!
good job!

Another option is to charge her a BIG fee for early arrival
Usually it ends up being a one time occurrence...
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,610
Default

My confession for the week, I have been only facilitating kids this week....they are having a blast and well-behaved but so much on my mind this week! Someone visited me and couldn't believe I had 12 kids and the noise was so low. It is like the kids sense the need to be calm and are doing well....maybe some empathy role modeling going on....
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-16-2018, 11:37 AM
LittleExplorers's Avatar
LittleExplorers LittleExplorers is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 443
Default

While I really care for your little one Mom, I do not want you to send daily or weekend updates about their symptoms when they are home sick. One text with what's going on and one when you think you want to come back are plenty.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015, confessions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Incorporate Montessori (Sorry so long!) mamamanda Reggio / Waldorf / Forest Kindergarten / Granola / Natural - Learning Methods 8 05-01-2017 12:44 AM
Restructuring Nap Time - Or New Strategies BigLittleHomeDaycare Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 01-08-2016 11:37 AM
Time Outs caregiver Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 32 01-06-2011 07:20 PM
Providers, Do You Have A No Drop Off/Pick Up During Nap Time Policy? Daycare_Mama Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 12 10-30-2010 07:18 PM
What is Part Time Care? Greenshadow Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 06-07-2010 07:21 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming