Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>PLEASE Help Me Understand This???
Josiegirl 03:14 AM 05-28-2015
I just had a long 4 day weekend but it seemed to flash by at the speed of light. However, these past 2 days have gone by turtle slow. Is it the law of physics, time travel, dc warp speed, what??

A dcprovider said last night at a meeting "Retirement is looking better and better all the time'. I sooooo agree. This is why I should never take extra time off, it's too easy to get spoiled, too hard to come back again.

I love what I do, really. But man, time off sure does feel good.
childcaremom 03:54 AM 05-28-2015
I only had a 2 day weekend and this week is going s l o w.

I thought it was Friday today. What a rude awakening when I checked the calendar
NoMoreJuice! 04:59 AM 05-28-2015
Oh my, I thought I was the only one!! I woke up and thought it was Friday; I was so excited! Then the hubs said it was Thursday, and shouldn't it feel like a Wednesday since I've only worked two days this week so far? Coffee coffee coffee....
Play Care 05:17 AM 05-28-2015
I've always thought short weeks after a holiday weekend are the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooongest

And I had a 4 day weekend and it wasn't enough!
LindseyA 05:32 AM 05-28-2015
Ugh I had a 3 day weekend and had all my SA kids on Tuesday as well as my FT crew. It definitely was a rude awakening for this summer. Thanks to all of you ladies (and gentlemen!), this will be my last summer with SAs! Now, to just get thru this summer.........
Rockgirl 05:48 AM 05-28-2015
Agreed--short weeks are the longest! Yesterday I kept thinking it was Thursday.
Controlled Chaos 06:57 AM 05-28-2015
I think this week has flown but I think it's be cause my family is super busy
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 05-28-2015
I got up yesterday and thought "Wow! Its already Wednesday! What a fast week!"

Then I got up this morning and thought "Wow, it's only Thursday! What a slow week!"

I love long weekends but I also have a tipping point where too many days off in a row gets tough and I crave being back at work... I think a 4 day weekend is perfect. Anything more and I get a little stir crazy and anything less and I don't feel as though I got enough time to get anything done.

I hope the summer goes by fast and slow.... I like the summer for MY time off as we are lake people so it means LOTS of lake time but work is slower as we aren't doing curriculum stuff and just spend a ton of time hanging outside so work time goes slower...

Regardless, I hope summer is awesome for everyone!!!!!
Country Kids 07:44 AM 05-28-2015
Not only a slow week but I am also so tired and I can't shake it no matter how much I sleep. I almost feel sick I'm so tired! I get this way every once in awhile and the doctors can't figure out why. I really hate it though.
Annalee 08:04 AM 05-28-2015
I had a 4 day week last week and this week. My summers are generally slow...only six kids each day this week. I am less structured which allows me time to get my batteries charged for preschool which begins in September. I enjoy being paid all summer with less kids here. We go several weekends to the river which I love...anywhere there is water!
AmyLeigh 08:59 AM 05-28-2015
Same here. This morning I checked my email for dh's deposit amount then realized that it's Thursday, not Friday. I have been so thrown off all week. I even started to fix lunch an hour early yesterday.

Not sure if I am looking forward to summer or not. Triple digits are already predicted for this weekend. But we will be doing a lot of fun stuff, despite the heat.
daycarediva 11:13 AM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I just had a long 4 day weekend but it seemed to flash by at the speed of light. However, these past 2 days have gone by turtle slow. Is it the law of physics, time travel, dc warp speed, what??

A dcprovider said last night at a meeting "Retirement is looking better and better all the time'. I sooooo agree. This is why I should never take extra time off, it's too easy to get spoiled, too hard to come back again.

I love what I do, really. But man, time off sure does feel good.
Do your DC kids act up when you have had ANY time off? Monday mornings are always bumpy- I plan NOTHING. 3 day weekends? YUCK. Lots of my crew were out thurs/fri and/or Mon/Tue this week for vacations. ALL are having a heck of a time getting 'back to baseline' as far as routine and expectations go. It's been a LONG week already, and I've only worked 3 days.
Josiegirl 05:29 PM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Do your DC kids act up when you have had ANY time off? Monday mornings are always bumpy- I plan NOTHING. 3 day weekends? YUCK. Lots of my crew were out thurs/fri and/or Mon/Tue this week for vacations. ALL are having a heck of a time getting 'back to baseline' as far as routine and expectations go. It's been a LONG week already, and I've only worked 3 days.
YES!!! Today has been the best day so far, the past 2 days were horrendous. But today? I wish every day could be like today.
Reply Up