Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Teacher vs Assistant question
Becky25 06:47 PM 08-08-2012
I just started about 4 weeks ago at a daycare center I used to work for years ago. I am a teacher's assistant. I work in the toddler room with another teachers assistant and 14 toddlers. I'm not sure if there was a teacher before I started, but there is currently not one, and there don't seem to be any plans from the director to hire one.

My sister did some looking around online and found that this is actually illegal. Not sure what to do about it. I asked my sister in law to inquire to her daycare about the issue so perhaps I can get some details and some honest answers.

The other rooms have all have teachers and weekly/daily special activities for the kids, but the toddler room I'm in is either planned meals/nap/diaper changing/ outside time and the rest is complete chaos with no structure.

Tips or advice would be great.
Sprouts 12:57 AM 08-09-2012
Here are some ideas of what happens in a Montessori toddler classroom...this will open up a new world of ideas =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxwX4ZQCjc8

Toddlers love special morning songs or songs that help transition from one activity to another....
Reply Up