Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>recording income from food program
Unregistered 09:55 AM 01-28-2014
I opened my day care the very last week of 2012. I was already enrolled in the food program so I have reimbursements from that week (not received until end of January2013)... I am filling out pages 42 and 43 of Tom"s FCC 2013 Tax Workbook and Organizer... I don't know where to record this and how to record the reimbursements for 2013 (for my own children)...

The food program I am with holds their reimbursements for one month until the end of the following month... do I record the reimbursements I received for January under the month they were claimed (Jan) or the month I received payment from the food program (Feb)... Sorry if this is confusing I am confused!
TomCopeland 10:16 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I opened my day care the very last week of 2012. I was already enrolled in the food program so I have reimbursements from that week (not received until end of January2013)... I am filling out pages 42 and 43 of Tom"s FCC 2013 Tax Workbook and Organizer... I don't know where to record this and how to record the reimbursements for 2013 (for my own children)...

The food program I am with holds their reimbursements for one month until the end of the following month... do I record the reimbursements I received for January under the month they were claimed (Jan) or the month I received payment from the food program (Feb)... Sorry if this is confusing I am confused!
Record income in the year you received it. So, the check you got in January 2013 for food you served in 2012, show this as income in 2013. Any reimbursements you received for your own children are not taxable income, so subtract those amounts before reporting your income.
Unregistered 10:44 AM 01-28-2014
Thank you Tom!
Reply Up