Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Notice Do You Give for Your Summer Vacation?
Dsquared 04:59 AM 03-01-2016
We take a week's vacation every summer in August and its paid. I state in my contract that I take a weeks paid vacation in August and I will let parents know at least 4 weeks before. I have a dcm who started bugging me for the dates in February. She said they have family coming from Cali and they want to book flights now so they can get the best rates. She wants them to come the same week as I take my vacation. Because of the nature of my husbands job its in possible for me to know when we are exactly going this early on. She asked me again yesterday and is making me feel like I need to tell her the week we are going now. It's really stressing me out and she said she would give me until the end of the week and check back. Ughhh. My husband said tell her we don't know yet, period. What do you all do and what should I tell her?
Kimskiddos 06:01 AM 03-01-2016
I also have a "planner" dcp and she will ask pretty far in advance about my vacation schedule too. If I know I will tell her. If I don't I give her a general idea of when we are going but don't commit. We often vacation with friends so I tell her it is not only my decision and we are all waiting to get on the same page. You can't tell her what you don't know. My contract says 4 weeks notice, I usually give 8 weeks when I can. You only owe her the notice you are contracted to give.

On a side note this year instead of taking my late winter/spring vacation we are going to do 2 full weeks in August (Going RVing to Colorado, escaping the Texas heat!). I am a little nervous about telling them but I know for most it isn't going to be too much of an issue.
Reply Up