Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleeping Arrangements?
TwinMama 06:55 AM 01-01-2019
I'm trying to reorganize in the new year. Where do all of your kiddos sleep? I currently have mine in our personal rooms. I have a pack and play in my bedroom for one of the little ones, but I hate it. I'm trying to come up with something different. Any suggestions?
Meeko 08:44 AM 01-01-2019
All 16 of them on the floor in the playroom!
CalCare 09:06 AM 01-01-2019
I only gave about 5-6 at a time and they sleep on mats with sheets that I provide, their own small blankies provided by them that are kept here and washed by me and a pillow provided by them washed by me and kept here. They all are laid out on the floor before lunch +ready to go straight to nap after lunch) and picked up afterwards. They sleep in my "nap room" which is a small bedroom with a lazyboy recliner and a lamp and some toys that can be played with there during non-nap times and easily cleared away for nap time.
ColorfulSunburst 11:02 AM 01-01-2019
all of my 12 kids sleep on mats in the playroom. I provide bed clothing.
Annalee 05:14 PM 01-01-2019
I have 11 sleep on cots with their own coverlets, blankets and pillows....have one in pack and play in the same room. My daycare room is one large room with mini-kitchen and bathroom. I space them out across the room and run a fan with lullaby music at nap.
Josiegirl 01:49 AM 01-02-2019
Is nap time fairly quiet with those of you who have several in one room? How on earth do you train them to be quiet when they're all together? Most of my dcks are good about laying down but you always have that 1 or 2 who strive for attention and lead all the others into a chorus of noise.

At the moment I use the playroom for an older dcb on a cot and the infant. I put a 2 yo dcg in my living room in a crib, and the 19 mo in a spare bedroom in a pack n play. When the other 5 yo dcg is here, she sleeps in the kitchen on a cot.

I sit central to everyone so I can hear and see them all. But with a new little guy starting this week, I'd love to transition the 19 mo and 2 yo into the playroom on cots as well. Yeh, we'll see how that goes.
DaveA 04:49 AM 01-02-2019
I won't let the DCKs in our bedrooms because if DCKs have can go there DCPs and DCFS are granted access to those areas. The kids nap on cots in the classroom. If I have a pack & play it is right next to the classroom on the other side of the toy shelf.
Pestle 05:37 AM 01-02-2019
Toddlers on mats in the playroom, infants in Pack 'n' Plays in the living room. I haven't done nap time in my room since I last had a child who was impossible to get to sleep without an elaborate routine, and I'm not putting up with that again.
Cat Herder 05:58 AM 01-02-2019
I nap everyone in one room. Like Dave said, if I allow DCK's in our private rooms, the room must meet the rules for the playroom. All 200 pages. Inspectors will open every drawer, door, and cupboard. As it is they go in them and look around to include my closets, my DH's office, bathrooms, outbuilding, and barn because of others warehousing kids.

Physical activity, good food, and a strong routine is a must. They nap on crib mattresses with provided linens (fleece blankets, flannel sheets, footed PJ's) laundered daily. I use a sound machine, scent, fan, drop the temperature, white twinkle lights and use room darkening curtains. Naptime must be supervised so I sit in the room reading, writing or on daycare.com. I make no eye contact, use no words and act very boring. If someone gets up, I take them potty or put them back down; whichever is needed. Naptime flows pretty easy, here. I have great nappers.
TwinMama 11:07 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I nap everyone in one room. Like Dave said, if I allow DCK's in our private rooms, the room must meet the rules for the playroom. All 200 pages. Inspectors will open every drawer, door, and cupboard. As it is they go in them and look around to include my closets, my DH's office, bathrooms, outbuilding, and barn because of others warehousing kids.

Physical activity, good food, and a strong routine is a must. They nap on crib mattresses with provided linens (fleece blankets, flannel sheets, footed PJ's) laundered daily. I use a sound machine, scent, fan, drop the temperature, white twinkle lights and use room darkening curtains. Naptime must be supervised so I sit in the room reading, writing or on daycare.com. I make no eye contact, use no words and act very boring. If someone gets up, I take them potty or put them back down; whichever is needed. Naptime flows pretty easy, here. I have great nappers.
So even the babies nap on the floor with crib mattresses? I love it! Do they transition fine with that?
TwinMama 11:08 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Toddlers on mats in the playroom, infants in Pack 'n' Plays in the living room. I haven't done nap time in my room since I last had a child who was impossible to get to sleep without an elaborate routine, and I'm not putting up with that again.
Do you use pack and plays that are easily hid? I would rather not have anything in my room.
TwinMama 11:09 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by Meeko:
All 16 of them on the floor in the playroom!
Do the babies even sleep on the floor?
Cat Herder 11:15 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
So even the babies nap on the floor with crib mattresses? I love it! Do they transition fine with that?
Oh, gosh, sorry, no. I have folding evacuation mini-cribs until 12 months, then they keep their crib mattress and move to the floor.
Mom2Two 11:36 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I won't let the DCKs in our bedrooms because if DCKs have can go there DCPs and DCFS are granted access to those areas. The kids nap on cots in the classroom. If I have a pack & play it is right next to the classroom on the other side of the toy shelf.
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Yes, this is my actual reality.

I use our bedrooms, and yes, licensing opens draws. The upside is that older kids don't have to take a nap if that is what works for them. I can do preschool downstairs during nap time.

I am more limited by nap spots than I am by state ratios. I have three bedrooms that I use, and I have five nappers, and two of them need to be by themselves. But one is a baby who naps earlier and two are able to nap together.
hwichlaz 11:48 AM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Is nap time fairly quiet with those of you who have several in one room? How on earth do you train them to be quiet when they're all together? Most of my dcks are good about laying down but you always have that 1 or 2 who strive for attention and lead all the others into a chorus of noise.

At the moment I use the playroom for an older dcb on a cot and the infant. I put a 2 yo dcg in my living room in a crib, and the 19 mo in a spare bedroom in a pack n play. When the other 5 yo dcg is here, she sleeps in the kitchen on a cot.

I sit central to everyone so I can hear and see them all. But with a new little guy starting this week, I'd love to transition the 19 mo and 2 yo into the playroom on cots as well. Yeh, we'll see how that goes.
I don't train them to be quiet. Children shouldn't be trained to need quiet to sleep. So I train them so sleep through noise.
racemom 12:17 PM 01-02-2019
I currently have 12 in my room 18 mo-4 years. All sleep in one big open room on cots. I do sit between some who have trouble going to sleep, but it never takes more than 20 minutes and everyone is sleeping.

I think consistency of routine, lots of excercise in the morning, and a good lunch help!
Meeko 01:13 PM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
Do the babies even sleep on the floor?
I only care for age 1 year and older. State regs say over one year can sleep on the floor. Each child has their own blanket and they all crash out in the playroom. Littles who won't sleep well on the floor can be in one of my wood portacribs if necessary. But right now, I have only one boy under age two and he sleeps great on the floor.
Cat Herder 01:19 PM 01-02-2019
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I only care for age 1 year and older. State regs say over one year can sleep on the floor. Each child has their own blanket and they all crash out in the playroom. Littles who won't sleep well on the floor can be in one of my wood portacribs if necessary. But right now, I have only one boy under age two and he sleeps great on the floor.
It is the same here. The day after their first Birthday I move them to the floor and put the crib in the attic. They take up "usable" space and can lower ratios if you are not careful. I wait on baited breath until I get back to no cribs with each new group. It makes room for me to bring back down the dome climber.
Tags:crib rules, safe sleep, sleep - area, sleeping - surfaces, warehousing
Reply Up