Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>News of the Day
springv 07:52 AM 06-13-2019
Texas daycare refused to let toddler’s godfather, sole father figure attend Father’s Day event
https://www.waff.com/2019/06/13/texa...ers-day-event/
Opinions?
Josiegirl 08:02 AM 06-13-2019
Their excuses were cop outs. First they say they didn't want too many people there and since that didn't make sense they then added it was for security reasons. That, I could justify except for the reasons the mom gave; he was on a pick-up list anyways, so he had every right to be there and could have substituted for the boy's dad. Personally, I think the center made a bad call. Not only would the boy feel left out by not being allowed a father figure present but now mom is switching centers over it.
JMO
Blackcat31 08:04 AM 06-13-2019
I think 90% of these types of stories are told simply for attention. (on the mother's behalf).

I am sure there is another side to the story but we rarely get to hear it since one side tells their story often, everywhere and always from a "poor me" standpoint.
sahm1225 09:37 AM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think 90% of these types of stories are told simply for attention. (on the mother's behalf).

I am sure there is another side to the story but we rarely get to hear it since one side tells their story often, everywhere and always from a "poor me" standpoint.
That was my thought too. It’s always ‘poor me’ but they don’t mention that details that lead to that decision.

There was an article recently about a woman that was asked to cover up while breastfeeding. Turned out mom was hanging out Topless with the infant not even close by and she was doing that to avoid getting tan lines
sahm1225 09:38 AM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Their excuses were cop outs. First they say they didn't want too many people there and since that didn't make sense they then added it was for security reasons. That, I could justify except for the reasons the mom gave; he was on a pick-up list anyways, so he had every right to be there and could have substituted for the boy's dad. Personally, I think the center made a bad call. Not only would the boy feel left oby not being allowed a father figure present but now mom is switching centers over it.
JMO
I have a dcd on the pick up list but not invited to parties. Dcd would show up drunk to our parties and hit on the moms! Dcm thought it was hilarious..
Gemma 09:41 AM 06-13-2019
I agree that we might not know the whole story, cause it really makes no sense otherwise
Cat Herder 09:48 AM 06-13-2019
Could a high conflict, keep away, mother be the reason why the father is not in his life?

If so they were probably minimizing risk by keeping mothers friend out. Godfather is not a legal title, it does not give familial rights. Most places don't even allow mothers new boyfriend, either, much less mothers special orbiter friend. The typical invitation says father, grandfather, or uncle for inclusion.

Has his father tried to see him at the daycare and the mother refused?

If they were never married, she easily could block him until he filed for a court-ordered DNA test to prove paternity and demand parenting rights. That is separate from child support. Many fathers are unaware of this right and assume if they can't pay, they can't see their kid. It isn't true.
Cat Herder 10:10 AM 06-13-2019
I looked at her FB. Both her father and brother are on there and involved. She has a youtube page and everything is set to public.
ColorfulSunburst 10:36 AM 06-13-2019
Tillotson says, at this point, an apology from the daycare would not make a difference. She is searching for a new location to send Nas.

who has an opening? There is a potential client. Is anyone who wants to take her kid?
Cat Herder 11:53 AM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
Tillotson says, at this point, an apology from the daycare would not make a difference. She is searching for a new location to send Nas.

who has an opening? There is a potential client. Is anyone who wants to take her kid?
It said this was his second day at the daycare.

Second day.

"When Tillotson finally found a day care for Nas, she was excited.

However, just two days into his enrollment, she pulled him out"

Finally. He is 3.

"This event is reserved for our Dads so we ask that please no other guests attend." This was out before she enrolled.
Josiegirl 05:29 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

"This event is reserved for our Dads so we ask that please no other guests attend." This was out before she enrolled.
Ah, well that makes all the difference and I take back my original answer. It's in their policies and she knew that going in?
Made a mistake in passing judgement before knowing all the facts.
springv 11:56 AM 06-18-2019
Mother angry after son with autism named ‘Most Likely to Get Lost in a Crowd’ by teachers
https://www.waff.com/2019/06/18/moth...d-by-teachers/
Michael 12:20 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
Mother angry after son with autism named ‘Most Likely to Get Lost in a Crowd’ by teachers
They must have these monikers every year that they have to attach a name to. Sometimes they don’t think about the impact of labeling someone so insensitively. I bet now after the all the national publicity they’ll get labeled themselves not so nicely. Karma
Cat Herder 12:26 PM 06-18-2019
I won "Sexiest Legs" in 9th grade. My Dad was pi.......

Schools sometimes don't think things through, but generally, the intent is getting the kids involved and bonding. They obviously like him or he would be ignored like the majority of the other kids.

BTW, I ran track and worked hard at it. Nothing more.
Cat Herder 12:44 PM 06-18-2019
I just read a funny list of superlatives. https://www.shutterfly.com/ideas/yearbook-superlative/ There are many, many links of lists on google, too.

I am at "Most likely to be catfished" "Most likely to drop his/her phone in the toilet" "Most likely to sleep through an earthquake", "Most likely to have a child born addicted to Starbucks", "Most likely to never be single" and "Cutest couple that never was."
e.j. 02:54 PM 06-18-2019
I'd be angry, too. I've often said the adults in my kids' school district (teachers and administrators) were much bigger bullies than the students ever were.
springv 02:07 PM 06-19-2019
Daycares in subsidy program face deadline to get licensed
https://www.waff.com/2019/06/18/dayc...-get-licensed/
Michael 03:28 PM 06-19-2019
Daycares in subsidy program face deadline to get licensed
https://www.waff.com/2019/06/18/dayc...-get-licensed/
As a side note to this. The title to the article is: Daycares in subsidy program face deadline to get licensed

Is there such as word as Daycares? Shouldn't it read: Daycare Facilities face deadline?
Tags:child advocate, childs right to both parents, childs rights, superlatives
Reply Up